main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania New Year's Eve Party!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Zyphyr, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tool

Darth_Tool Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2001
    well that's funny....i heard newcastle went off..plenty of 17 yr olds getting on to older perverts....doity boids......that's toolin disgusting...

and BTW where is the brewery? i heard it was going roit orf ....
    anyway...hope you all had a tooly new years!!

yours tooly

Darth_Tool

2. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    You know, people aren't 17 forever.

3. Zyphyr

Zyphyr Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2001
    Ki-Bari-Mundi, is that the NYE event that was on the news where many ticket holders couldn't get in because they sold far too many tickets? If so, are they refunding everyone's money, or just the people who ask for it? And if they're refunding all the money how are they paying the DJs, lighting technicians and stuff like that?

Just curious. I saw many people complaining about the lack of organisation on the news on New Years Day and wondered what the people behind it were going to do for the disgruntled patrons.

4. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    That's the one Zyph.

What happened was at about 10 or so they realised there were stacks of people already inside and many more people outside, so they shut the dock gates and opened them every once in a while to let people in. Me and the group of people I was with made our way to the front of the crowd waiting at the gates, and the next time they opened there was a huge surge and everyone charged forward. We all ran inside the gates and past the ticket box people so they never collected our tickets.

They're only refunding tickets of those who didn't get in. Cos they didn't collect my ticket I apparently didn't get in. ;)

5. Zyphyr

Sep 13, 2001
    Haha! Way to go Ki-Bari-Mundi!

Free New Years Eve party due to ill-organised crowd control! You are now officially my new hero :)

6. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Free NYE? No such luck! Think about paying for drinks. ;)

7. Zyphyr

Sep 13, 2001
    Well, you could at least get by with minimum expenses by my favourite cost-cutting measures:

1. Passion-pop cunningly disguised on the train in a Mountain Dew container. Upside: Incredibly cheap, and something to do on the train on the way to the venue. Downside: Means having to drink Passion-pop.

2. Getting blotto on Chateau D'Cardboard beforehand. Upside: Get drunk. Downside: 4 day hangover on the chemical additives alone.

Okay, both options are completely classless and scummy, but I live in Wodonga. These two words sum up my entire existence :D

8. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    At least you're a Victorian...barely...

Anyway, I spent NYE up at Canberra with a few friends. Man, that place sure knows how to have a party. ::cough:: ;) I actually just had a party with a few friends and family in their backyard, plenty of champers goin' round, wasn't half bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.