NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by Mrs_jedi_1966, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    Eh.. dunno if I want to do a saber fight.. I'm on saber fighting haitus right now. ^_^
    My family? Yeah, I have 'em.. and I'm pretty sure that my parents already have plans.. So if I make any, that should be okay with them. :)
  2. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Is this going to be an alcohol free thing?
  3. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Has to be if its a SWAP thing. And since there will be underage people there.

Oh, and count me in for the festivities. I'll bring the Muppet tape and some home made cookies!
  4. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I am probably out then.
  5. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. DarthDahc Jedi Master

star 3
    If I can hitch a ride with greencat i'll come, my parents could give a rats behind. I just got a light up sabre, so I definitly up to whooping some ase.
  7. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Um...some one surely isn't aware that, WE are a family.Most DEFINATELY the ONE I wanna spend a holiday with especially New Year's Eve.
    No Drink?I'm pretty sure not(not my thing,anyway),and as Master Renca points out, it is a SWAP gathering.
    Sorry to hear you count yourself out Rox,hope you reconcider before then.

**this was typed by the MR. accidentally under my name **
  8. DarthDahc Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll buy some practice beer and we can all pretend.
  9. jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Um....(silly me)I just noticed that the Mrs.'66 right before Darth Dahc is ME,I forgot to log her out and log me in SO that comment is acctually me.
  10. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Actually, this is NOT a SWAP event. This is Carrie and Tony having our annual New Year's Eve Party (just like we always do) I used the boards to invite everyone from here, because I don't have everyone's address and I didn't want anyone to be left out. I am also inviting "non-Star Wars" friends. I don't think it would be fair to tell these friends they aren't allowed to have their glass of champagne at midnight because I have a different group of friends that are coming this year.

I feel the people who are under legal drinking age are more than responsible enough to know they will not be allowed to drink alcohol and that alcohol will not be given to them.

Normally, we don't do the drinking "thingy" BUT this IS New Year's. I don't see anything wrong - if people want to drink it's BYOB ~ weather the B is acoholic or not is each person's choice. I personally will probably have my customary "dink-dink" or two.

In summation, if you are over 21 and wish to drink acoholic beverages, feel free to bring what you wish; BUT please realize you will be spending the night. I WILL NOT let anyone leave my house if they have been drinking.(PERIOD!) For those under 21 - bring whatever non-alcoholic beverages you want to drink and realize you will not be allowed to even sniff the alcohol! ;)

Everyone is more than welcome to spend the night and I will make breakfast for everyone in the morning :D

11. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    You guys are making this sounds like so much fun...

Oh, well - I'll be in Atlanta, Georiga celebrating with my Grandparents.
  12. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Woowho! Breakfast!

I kinda thought that was you master just something in the typing style told me.
  13. jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Your insight serves you well,my young padawan.I wasn't as mindful as I should have been at the time.
  14. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    i wish i could go! but my sis and i aren't even getting home from vacation untill 10:00 at night....it looks to me like i am in for a fun filled New Year's eve ALONE, or a fun filled evening w/ my over critical Aunt who thinks i'll never get a good husband because i hold my fork wrong and eat "europian style".... oh well, nothing else is new...
  15. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    You can hold a fork wrong? Jeez she'd love me I eat wit my fingers and use 1 fork 1 spoon and 1 knife its to frigging confusing the other way.
  16. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm in I just have to get work straight on this.
  17. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    OK, I am in. But only if two things can happen. One, can I stay at your house overnight? And two my work gives me the next day off.
  18. jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    You got it,bub!Just wish I could say the same for gettin' you the next day off with work.
  19. jadalyn Jedi Knight

star 1
    I come, there might be two of us but it matters if my boyfriend has to work that night.
  20. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    for those who are coming and spending the night ~ please bring your sleeping bag and pillow

for those bringing a -B- ~ what "flavor" of B might you be bringing?

As for food : what's everyone up for : the traditional sauerkraut - keilbosa - hot dogs - mashed potatoes etc...?

Let me know SOON so I can go grocery shopping....
  21. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3

I'll probably eat here before coming over so don't worry 'bout me.

There any munchie type food I can pick up?

What time should we all start showing up of curiosity sake.
  22. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    any munchies you want to munch on

time ~ 5-6ish

23. DarthDahc Jedi Master

star 3
    YEA! I'M COMING, I'M COMING, I'M COMING! You guys will get to see my Star Wars pillow case.
  24. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I probably won't be there until about 7. I work until 4 and want to get cleaned up before I come out. I hurt my back today, I am hoping it feels better tomorrow.
  25. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    If you promise to behave ~ Maybe I can help fix your back ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.