New Years Resolutions for all in Daytona

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by MortWindu, Dec 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MortWindu Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hopefully we all had a great christmas, I know DarthDion did with Forja giving him the Kurt Cobain journal, looks like a great book. But otherwise, lets talk about our individual new years resolution. i will start i guess.
  2. MortWindu Jedi Youngling

star 1
    My new years resolution is to be a better person and God help me, quit smoking. I know the only thing that smokes do is buy me quicker way to death which I do not wish upon myself. Hopefully I can quit...

MTFBWY
  3. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Good luck on that, Mort!

I want to stop procrastinating in all I do. I think doing so will not only make my life less stressful, but it will bring up my grades in school. I'm paying too much to not do my best!
  4. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Where are you going to school? I personally want to just improve who I am as a person and learn better concentration habits, as well as bring up my grades (especially that C in calc)!
  5. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    I go to school at Embry Riddle. :)
    You?
  6. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    woohoo! Same here :D What's your major? I'm an AE nerd.
  7. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! No way! I'm a sophomore EP geek. How cool!! :D

Do you live on or off campus?
  8. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehe, I'm a sophomore too! I live off campus *thank god!*
  9. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, with my luck we probably know who eachother are :p
  10. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    It actually wouldn't surprose me if we had a class or two together. I'm taking a lot of engineering courses this semester (solids, dynamics, MA 441).

How creepy is that? :D
  11. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    lol, you're ahead of me then. Thanks to my screwover by the Computer Science dept last year I'm about a year behind! Hence the reason I'm AE now :D
  12. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    You were a CS major before? Sorry to hear you got screwed over. This school seems to have a way of doing that to people...

13. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah. Unfortunatly I found over the summer last year that I was a credit short of being full time, and when I told them that I wanted to take a certain class the head of the dept. said I didn't have the reqs, so I got a year behind. Later that semester I found out that I could have taken the class, so at the end of my first semester I tried to transfer, and my advisor litteraly blew me off and then the head of the dept. said that I had to wait another semester to change majors! Needless to say I was burning with the Dark Side that second semester knowing that now I am a year behind everone else.
  14. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Yuck! How horrible! You'd think that they'd be more considerate knowing how much in tuition you wasted in that extra year. It's pretty much a five year program anyhow. Well, hopefully you will somehow be able to catch up and it won't be too bad. Are you in ROTC? If so, it might be even tougher because you have to take those extra courses.
    Good luck!
  15. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Naw, I got nominated to the AF Academy, but then ROTC lost my medical papers so I ended up just avoiding the military all together.
  16. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, I have a friend who went through something very similar. I don't know, ROTC just seems like such a hassle to me. I had considered it, as I am all for having them pay my way through school, but I don't regret deciding against it.
  17. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I am a very military orientated person, so it hit kinda hard that I wasn't going to be an AF Career Officer, but oh well. I have until I'm 23 to decide, and everyone I have talked to has told me that the best officers are generally those that started as enlisted men/women.
  18. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Really? I guess I was under the impression that the best way to go about it was through ROTC. From what I hear, you rise through the ranks much faster and you get many more benefits. I could be wrong, of course, but that sounded like the way to do it.
  19. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    It all depends on your CO. If he/she was in the Academy, then the Academy kids get more benefits and promotions. Same for ROTC. I was refering to the quality and respect of the troops towards an officer. Generally the enlisted-officer guys get more respect from the troops and have seen both sides, so they can relate better and get more done. But then again, the military is all about who you know, and having been enlisted perviously, these guys usually get the shaft.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.