main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC New Years Resolutions.... What's yours?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Mine is to Give forgiveness and ask for it from those I have offended long ago. I want to make ammends with old family members in particular a brother who I rarely speak too. I have begun this journey of letting go recently and I feel relieved actually - this pain is no longer controlling my actions - my faith has shown me the true way for I am not perfect and can NOT THROW THE FIRST STONE let alone any stone - I judge for things I have done myself - how dare I.....

WHAT IS YOUR RESOLUTION?

2. star0258

star0258 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2007
    Aha! I have a very good New Year's resolution!
    I resolve to move out of my mother's house into my very own apartment. My goal is to be moved in by June of 08.

3. Darth_Phanax

Darth_Phanax Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2007
    Cool! good for you Karen!

4. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    That's like six months from now...

5. slaveone28146

slaveone28146 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    May be sooner then June.

6. Darth_Phanax

Oct 23, 2007
    Thats still awesome

7. Darth_MacDuff

Darth_MacDuff Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    Mine is to lose weight. I still hear those immortal words ringing in my ear when I showed my step-daughter my picture of me in my Darth Vader costume; "I didn't realize that Darth Vader had a belly!" I had lost down to 275 which was a total of 49 pounds for me, but I am now back up to 301. The Empire's medical staff says I need to be down around 225. May The Force Be With Me.

8. SmashVadersFist

SmashVadersFist Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2007
    Joining Darth MacDuff on the tread mill. I have already started my diet and as of today I have dropped 10 lbs. I know it is not a huge amount but since I am looking to drop a total of 80 lbs by this time next year I think it is a good start.

9. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    I hear you there!

weight off (Need to get back to 170 at least)! Guess we will have to re-think Game night dinners/snacks to really make this work!

10. Magic_Vader_83

Magic_Vader_83 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 27, 2007
    I don't have one yet anyone wanna think up a good one I am all out of ideas. I guess I could try to keep my room clean but I say that every year and it never happens.

11. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    I called my brother and started the long road of healing and forgiveness - I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF for letting go the hurtful pain he from the past and starting new with him!

12. SmashVadersFist

SmashVadersFist Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2007
    Not so much rethinking the snacks, just having self control in eating all of that good stuff Karen comes up with.

13. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    That girl sure can BAKE! Jerry I feel for you man - you are going to marry her - she will keep you and your stomach happy forever - remember to put her first even before this goup and ME!

14. matthewuzimake123

matthewuzimake123 Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2007
    my resolution is to start thinking before i do or say things

15. Darth_Phanax

Oct 23, 2007
    Yeah that'll happen!
    Oh well i suppose it would be awesome if that one came true!

16. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    I agree there. There is always so much good stuff to eat when we have a get together. I need to encorporate the Force into my will power when it comes to snacks. I have the same problem here at home. Maybe the ones that need to drop a few pounds need to set up blog to see how we all are doing. A little Imperial Weight Watchers! [face_laugh]

17. slaveone28146

slaveone28146 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    Well I know I am late with mine but here it is........ To be the best friend that anyone could need, to be the best friend to the one I love the most and to lose about 15 o 20 pounds.

18. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Hey, just a quick one wondering how everyone is doing on their New Year's Resolutions? I have gotten a good start to my program. When I weighed in at the first of the year, I was at 301. Last week, I was down to 291 which means I lost 10 pounds! =D= I really want to see my recent low which was 275 when I weighed back in July of last year. Maybe my bodysuit will fit better then. [face_thinking] How are the rest of my "family" doing?

19. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah - my exercise program was put on hold last weekend because I had to work all weekend and actually a couple days before because I was too sore from the few times I had worked out in the man cave on the tread mill and nordic track.

BUT alas, I'm on the CRASH TEST DUMMY diet of not eating lately for a variety of reasons. I was 208 to 210 lbs. when i posted or close to it (maybe a couple pounds over that). Just weighed in at 191. DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WAS LOST BECAUSE IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT. My system is all screwed up - I need to see a DR. for my sugar and stress (I keep going black but again that's because I am an idiot and not eating right).

Anyway - Thanks for reinitializing this discussion - have to get back on track and really do something about weight, exercise and eating better. My wife has been a great example of this.. I'm proud oh her for this.

20. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    I found an old friend back there and decided to post one here. I had "ballooned" back up to 304 again and decided it was time to do something. I have been getting up before I got to work at 0520 and riding my bike about 3.5 miles. They had been doing some roadwork in my area and it had gotten dangerous to ride, but now it is done and finally safe to ride again. I also hit the Bowflex at least 6x a week and I am watching what I eat. I am down to 294 as of last week and still and wanting to see 275 again. My goals is to hit 225 eventually. This should make the Vader bodysuit fit better and I should be a leaner and meaner Stormtrooper. The armor is adjustable from what I can see. I want it to go in, not out! Also make trooping easier on my feet.

21. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Well, so far so good. I am now down to 291 as of last weekend and I think I am losing more inches that I am weight. When I put on the bodysuit and went to the Palladium that Thursday night, I noticed that the midsection of the bodysuit was fitting a lot looser than it was. One comment I will never be able to forget was after the pics came out from our Dan Nicholas troop, I was showing them to my step-daughter and the remark was made, "I didn't realize that Darth Vader had a belly." I am trying my best rid myself of my alter ego, Lard Vader. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.