main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC New Years Resolutions

Discussion in 'Community' started by Only-One Cannoli, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I post, therefore I care.

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    How old are you?

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  6. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    My only annual New Year's resolution is to avoid all resolutions. Making promises you can't keep is very foolish.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

How about one's that's possible? Like DarthIntegral's?

8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh you're using that incorrect version of "Couldn't care less", I see. Neat.

9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Keep shedding my fat ass, and being less nice.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  10. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

I intend to renounce Satan, and all his works.... maybe....

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He and I are getting drunk later--I'll give him a heads-up for you. :p

CloneUncleOwen likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Buy more guns.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

I know right? :p

14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Lord of Vivec already covered this point extensively. You should try to make more timely thread interventions next year.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    It sure wouldn't be the JCC if a thread isn't hijacked by a grammar debate, amirite?

Point Given likes this.
  16. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm 154 days sober today; my resolution is to make that number 520.

17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I have every intention of holding up my coffee consumption through 2014 to match my 2013 levels.

18. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I resolve to drink more Scotch Whisky, eat more red meat, and go broke again buying Legos 11 months from now. Also I resolve to ****block my co-worker at trade shows when he tries to pick up nasty women at hotel bars.

19. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    Congratulations! I am finishing my 6th year without a drink. My resolution is to continue that trend.

LAJ_FETT and Juliet316 like this.
  20. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I have decided for the new year I am going to end more sentences with prepositions. I dunno, its the only thing I could think of.

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  21. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Well I sent a email to the NY quitters line about an idea. That every time you buy a new car or used in NY state you can get a free starter pack to quit smoking if you want to. Since you killed one vehicle interior at least you wont kill another. You wouldn't believe the tar I have seen on some windshields on the inside. Its so bad you have to really tile cleaner to clean it off. So everyone here who smokes I hope you think of your family and friends and your car and stop smoking.

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    My resolution is to drink more wine and gain a better appreciation for it. Also, find a brand of beer that I like because I'm too embarrassed to appreciate Redd's Apple Ale.

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'm gonna take a lotta naps, drink a lotta juice, get down tonight. get down tonight.

24. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    My resolution: I will only post one-sentence comments in the JC, but they may ramble or take unexpected turns a la Faulkner or Molly Bloom's soliloquy from "Ulysses"; they may use dirty tricks like semicolons to avoid the full stop, or they may simply eschew punctuation entirely and take long meandering paths through my stream of consciousness which reminds me of my trip to Manhattan last week it was 65 degrees in New York City in late December if you can believe that and my family and I walked to Rockefeller Plaza to see the Christmas tree and the ice rink but the weather had brought out perhaps 100,000 other people to the plaza with the same idea although these were probably mostly tourists like us since New Yorkers like to call the Plaza Christmas tree the world's biggest ***hole magnet and indeed the amount of crowding and shoving that was going on was more in keeping with say being in the stands of a Manchester United match than the holiday spirit and we were unable to penetrate to within about 50 yards of the tree before the crowd became a solid mass of unyielding people and no amount of poking or prodding them or even saying excuse me could bring us an inch closer not to mention the difficulty of trying to watch my ADD nephews and make sure they didn't lose themselves entirely in the mob as they would have liked to do and the one good thing about the outing was when we finally emerged from the Plaza and I accidentally jostled a man walking down the street and I looked at him and it was Adrien Brody wearing a grey knit cap and trying to be all incognito but no one on earth looks more precisely like Adrien Brody than Adrien Brody who has no more chance of looking inconspicuous on the Streets of New York than would the Elephant Man or Ru Paul.

25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Ugh I'm having horrific flashback of freshman year Reading Fiction 101 when I had to read Absalom, Absalom by Bill Faulkner.

Jabbadabbado likes this.