main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY New York Comic Con

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BIEREN, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    The 2009 New York Comic Con will have a number of Star wars events run by Lucasfilm, including a Star Wars Trivia contest

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'm excited about NYCC. I'll definitely be there for a day or two, and I hope to see some of you guys as well (haven't seen any of you in a while - any meets planned soon??)

3. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Will and I are there with the Rebel Legion and 501st :D We're volunteering just like we have for the past 3 years :) It's a great convention and about time NYC got a halfway decent one.

There is the Trivia Contest at 3pm on Friday... I don't think it's run by LFL though ;)
    Guests include Anthony Forrest (the 'Move Along' stormtrooper) and our favorite Wookiee - Peter Mayhew!

Star Wars Artist to be aware of...
    Matt Busch
    Jan Duursema
    Colleen Doran
    Tommy Lee Edwards
    Sanford Greene
    Kris Justice
    Ron Marz
    Joshua Ortega
    Ben Templesmith
    Barbara Kesel

Robot Chicken Saturday
    1:45 PM
    2:45 PM
    1A08
    TV

Seth Green and Matthew Senreich (creators/executive producers), Breckin Meyer (writer/actor), Kevin Shinick (writer/actor/creative director), and Geoff Johns (writer), speak about [adult swim]'s Robot Chicken. Now in its fourth season, the network's Emmy-winning series uses stop-motion animation to bring pop culture parodies to life in a modern take on the variety/sketch show format. Throughout the series, Green and Senreich have enlisted the help of numerous guest voice actors, including Conan O'Brien, Hayden Panettiere, Hugh Hefner, Carrie Fisher, and George Lucas. In addition to the series, Green and Senreich have also created two Star Wars-themed specials: the Emmy-nominated Robot Chicken: Star Wars from 2007 and its follow-up, Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II, which premiered last November. A signing will follow in the VIP Lounge, Room 1A01, from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Panelists will only be signing Robot Chicken materials. Signing cards will be provided.

WHEN IS NEW YORK COMIC CON?
    Professional Only Hours:
    Friday, February 6 -- 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Open to the Public:
    Friday, February 6 -- 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM
    Saturday, February 7 -- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
    Sunday, February 8 -- 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

WHERE IS NEW YORK COMIC CON?
    New York Comic Con is held at the Jacob K. Javits Center in Midtown Manhattan. The Javits Center is located at 655 West 34th Street.

4. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    The Star Wars Trivia Contest at New York Comic Con will be at 3:15 on Friday the 6th. The contest will have multiple prizes for winners. The prizes will come direct from Lucasfilm?s vaults, so be sure to spread the word and study up.

5. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    The Trivia Contest, run by Lucasfilm, is up on Lucasfilm's website, which can be found here:
    http://www.starwars.com/fans/events/news20090126.html

6. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Kyle Newman will also be in attendance doing a panel on FANBOYS on February 6th. Movie opens same day, and I think he's attending one of the screenings.

7. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Thank you so much for that information that I obviously did not already know :rolleyes:

Be sure to stop by the RL and 501st tables to see Steven Sansweet on Saturday! He'll be signing his books for fans.

Celebrate a Star Wars Decade. Were You in Line in '99?

New York Comic Con celebrates a full decade of new Star Wars adventures with Lucasfilm's Steve Sansweet and special guests. It's the kickoff show of the 2009 convention season with an all-new Lucasfilm presentation on Saturday, Feb. 7th , from 1 PM to 2 PM in the large IGN Theater (Level 1) at New York City's Jacob Javits Center. The convention runs from Friday through Sunday.

Ten years ago, Star Wars fans worldwide were reenergized with the launch of a new series of Star Wars movies, and in the process developed a community of life-long friends. In theater lines, toy stores, cons, and even in the muddy byways of Denver's Celebration I, Star Wars passion was reignited. The last decade has been filled with a galactic expansion of the Star Wars saga, a new generation of fans and fan activity, and an even stronger Star Wars influence on popular culture.

Where were you 10 years ago? Join Steve Sansweet and some famous -- perhaps infamous -- guests who will join you in looking back at the past decade of Star Wars, as well as at the on-going Saga's future. Fans will get a chance to relive some memories and to influence an upcoming project. And don't miss an exclusive sneak peek of something very special from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, now airing on Cartoon Network.

On Friday, Feb. 6th, Star Wars trivia veteran Kevin Liell will test your Star Wars knowledge with a last man/woman/droid standing Star Wars Trivia Challenge. The event will take place from 3:15 PM to 4:15 PM on the Variant Stage (Level 4-Galleria).

Get some up-to-date information on new Star Wars books from Del Rey editor Erich Schoeneweiss at the Random House panel on Saturday from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM in Room 1A22 (Level 1). On Sunday, Kids Day at the convention, meet Matt Loux (Dark Horse's Star Wars Adventures) at the Kids Comics Workshop (11 AM to Noon at Kids Zone 1). Check out other panels with representatives from Dark Horse and the much beloved Robot Chicken.

Be sure to visit the tables of the 501st Legion and the Rebel Legion to get more information about the costuming service groups, and to take part in a special Lucasfilm Q & A. Also, say hello to Steve Sansweet, who will be happy to sign any of his Star Wars books for you. (Check at the tables for a signing schedule.)

And stop by Artists' Alley to see the latest work of many artists who have played in the Star Wars galaxy including Mark Brooks, Matt Busch, Jan Duursema, Tomy Lee Edwards, Monte Moore, Stephane Roux, and more.

8. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    I was just kiddin'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.