main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New York FIlm Academy

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JediDrew, Dec 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    this is all really helpful to me too.. thanks...

Now.. when you say that the nyfa is worthless because it doens't offer any sort of degree...

What if i'm just a high school student not looking for a degree but just looking for the experience?

2. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Then it comes down to whether you feel comfortable forking over dough to pay for experience and get one short film out of it or whether you would rather spend the same amount on equipment that you can reuse later on down the line and get as many films as possible under your belt on your timetable.

Experience is great, it really is, but in my opinion and heh, experience ;) , you don't have to pay in order to get it.

My preference would be to buy a decent quality DV camera, some equipment and software, and make as many films as I possibly can. Learning as I go.

Just something to think about.

3. ---VADER---

---VADER--- Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2002
    Hey,
    JW, Chris, how are you liking DAVE school? I'm really starting to look into colleges more right now. I'm glad that this topic came up, because it's really good getting as many perspectives as possible on this sort of thing. Good luck with your searching JediDrew

---VADER---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.