New York Rangers thread

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by Ghosts_Of_Anakin, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Turcotte was on the 94 team!

Actually that's not true Marie. Well, it's half true. Darren was on the roster at the beginning of the year but they traded him to Hartford for Nick Kypreos. It was all part of the Larmer-Matteau-Noonan(CHI)-Kypreos(HFD) for Amonte(to CHI)-Patrick(to CHI)-Turcotte(to HFD) deal. One of the best trades in Rangers' history. Why you ask? Two words:

Stephane Matteau
  2. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    in your eyes Mike...But James Patrick is my favorite player...so that was a horrible trade for not only giving up Patrick, but Amonte too.
  3. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah well if they don't get Matteau at the deadline then maybe they don't win Game 7 against the Devils and maybe we'd be sitting on a 64 year old drought.

Yeah that and other trades(Weight to Edmonton, Domi to Winnipeg, Norstrom to Los Angeles, Gartner to Toronto, Granato to Los Angeles) may have been crappy but what if they'd never won a Cup with that team...regardless of how good it may have been? That's how I look at it. Thank the Good Lord for 1994.
  4. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    you forgot Thomas Sandstrum.

Man...and I miss Niklaus Sundstrum
  5. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Eh I don't know about Sandstrom. He had like 2 good years after being traded. He scored 40 something goals in '91 with L.A. and then I think 30 with Pittsburgh in '96. He was good but not as good as some made him out to be.

As for Sundstrom, I never really thought he was anything special. He also had one good year and it was '97. But then again, he also had his playoff year cut short when the piece of ******* **** dirtbag mother bastard John MacLean tomahawked him with his stick and broke his arm in 3 places during Game 4 of the Devils series. Yeah and he never got punished for it either because the cameras didn't catch it. That was a crock of crap.

Man speaking of sucker shots...what the hell was Todd Bertuzzi thinking last night? Damn! He just flat out jacked up Steve Moore. If you haven't seen it then check out the highlights. It's pretty nasty.
  6. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    yeah...I saw it during dinner...the punch was pretty brutal
  7. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Mike, I've debated the Bertuzzi issue so many times in the past 24 hours, I almost feel like I am going to be the one to prosecute the man.

What he did was inexcusable, premeditated, and he should have to sit before a jury and get treated like any other person would. What he did was considered manslaughter, and it didn't help any that he publicly stated that he was going to get revenge for Moore's hit on Naslund. And, I think Bertuzzi should sit the rest of this season and the first half of next.

8. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You know...I'm kinda conflicted. I mean if it was any other team, I'd say let him fry and suspend him for a year. But I happen to like Vancouver AND Todd Bertuzzi(I even liked him as an Isle...how scary is THAT??) too so I think they should make him sit for the rest of the season and then the 1st round of the playoffs. If they make it past, then they should readmit him.

But that's me.
  9. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    He's done for the year...no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

He probably gets either half of next year...or all of next year, then comes back for the Playoffs.
  10. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    He's done for the season and that includes the playoffs. Also he's gotta ask for reinstatement at the begninning of next year. If you ask me, he brought this on himself.
  11. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked him when he was on the Islanders too. Strange.
  12. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think we both need to kill ourselves for that!
  13. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    Two words.

Sandy McCarthy.

-end transmission-

~DG~
  14. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
  15. XenoSphere Jedi Master

star 4
    *This is the part where I come in and post how badly the Devils beat the Rangers*

NJ Devils- 3
    NY Rangers- 1

Please note: I shall always do this.
  16. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    As a Rangers fan, I've stopped caring about the Devils beating us when the season is pretty much over.

Find me next season and I'll have a different opinion.

17. GeneralVeers68 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Rangers are crap!! Lets go Devils

Also... How do I go about joining the New Jersey Order
  18. XenoSphere Jedi Master

star 4
    A Devils Fan! Yes! Go Devils! As for the meeting, all you have to do is attend one of our monthly meetings.
    And if you haven't already, check out www.NewJerseyOrder.com

19. GeneralVeers68 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks Xenosphere.. Ill have to go to the May meeting, I have to finish college first
  20. XenoSphere Jedi Master

star 4
    No problem. Another Star Wars Fan that likes the Devils (Maybe The Nets Too?) and is proud to live in New Jersey? PLEASE come to a meeting A.S.A.P! lol

Ah yes, back to your New York Rangers thread...
  21. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Welcome to the fold Veers. Check out some of our real FF threads to get all the info you seek. Basically we're all a bunch of geeks who meet once a month and quote Simpsons lines! Oh and there's all those conventions too.

GETTING BACK ON TRACK:

Messier is retiring. He's the only one left from the Cup team. I guess the rebuilding process is finally happening. Damn I'm gonna miss him ...the man's got more class in his right hand than most TEAMS have(NJ).
  22. XenoSphere Jedi Master

star 4
  23. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Mess won't retire. I know he won't.
  24. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Mess might not even play against Washington.

I did not get the chance to watch one Rangers game this year...stupid Philly region or work.

I will just start rooting for Ottawa to finally make the Cup Finals this year...
  25. Sith_Wench Jedi Grand Master

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.