main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey New York Yankees thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ghosts_Of_Anakin, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    Well I gotta admit, I think I'm coming back around. This should be a hell of a week coming up.

2. Onasi

Onasi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2003
    the yankees are doing weel. they still need boston to lose a few more. they should play extra hard this week. theyve got the AL championship in the bag.

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    It's finally here, the end of the season. Personally I couldn't think of a better way to finish the year than against the Yankees. Good luck Bombers... hope you're ready for a fight!

4. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    New York Yankees, 2005 AL East Champs! :)

Good luck tomorrow Boston.

5. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Congrats on the division win. We hope to see you again in the post-season, however. [face_devil]

6. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    As sweet a division title as there has been in the past ten years.

7. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Go Yanks!!

Good to see them play well tofday, and get some big bangs from the line up (How about that A-Rod shot?).

Hope they don't sit on their laurels tomorrow.

~DG~

8. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    J: If Jeter walks, then A Rod gets up and BAM *mumbles*

*dies*

I didn't watch the game today.

I am elated!!

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Well congrats to the Yankees on their win Saturday to take the AL East title once again. Good luck against the Los Angeles Angels of Anahiem/Orange County/Cali... [face_beatup]. OK I'll stop there :D.

Anahiem is a good team and although it's a bit early to be saying this another Sox/Yanks showdown in the ALCS would be great. Just as long as it's not like the last one, I don't think that my body can take that kind of stress again [face_sick].

10. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    Buck Foston.

Sorry 'champs' not this year.

Go Yanks.

~DG~

11. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Sox are done. Yay!

Now its time to take care of business. Go Yanks!

Congrats to Boston for a hard fought season.

Just as predicted, Giambi comeback player of the year! :)

Based on recent history, Houston will defeat the Yanks in WS. I have mixed emtions on that one.

I suspect the lynchings in Red Sox Nation have already begun. Let me turn on AM radio to check.

12. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Sox are done. Yay!
    GGGRRRR... :mad:
    I never thought that I would say this, but since the Red Sox are not in the playoffs anymore, good luck to the Yankees.

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Well since the Sox' collapse we will not be having a rematch this October :_|. Good Luck to the Yankees against the Angels. They have a must-win tonight but being in NY I think that will give them the edge and probably the momentum needed to go into LAA and take it in game 5. Although like Moby said, I think it's going to be an NL team to take it all this year. Not sure if it's going to be Houston, I think St. Louis might finally get over the hump this year. Anyway... good luck to the Yankees [face_good_luck]!

14. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Oh, way to curse us! j/k !

Congrats to the Angels of whatever city they're from.

Go Houston!

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    [face_devil]

I honestly thought the Yankees were going to pull it off after seeing their comeback on Sunday. Anyway congrats to them on their season. Now the SOx and Yanks can battle it out on the charity golf circuit until April rolls around.

Cheer up now guys, even though the Yankees are out of the playoffs at least you got Vinny back :D!

16. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Time to Torre/Steinbrenner Meltdown....T-Minus 59..58..57...56...55....54.....

17. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    Hehe...I am waiting for that too. With Matsui in the last year of his contract, the other expensive dead weight that we need to get rid of, I think we'll see some heads roll before Torre's is on the chopping block.

~DG~

18. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    The only way I think Torre won't be back in NY is if he decides to walk away from the rest of his contract. he's still owed a bunch of money over the next 2 years, somewhere in the $14-15M range I believe. No way Georgie-Porgie is going to eat that much.

My guess is it will be people like Mel Stottlemeyer and Brian Cashman who will not return next year.

19. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Stienbrenner would be a fool to try and get rid of Torre. Mel might want to step out of the shadow and head up his own team next year. As for Cashman, I think he'll be the Clubhouse manager next year [face_mischief].

20. anakinpepe

anakinpepe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    hi
    my friends from new jersey, i am from chile
    and i want invited you visited this page.is the first fanfilm in chile and you can see very soon.

Edit: spamming on the boards is against the TOS

21. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I heard on the radio this morning that an "un-named source" from within the Yankees organization said that if Brian Cashman is let go that the Yankees are interested in giving the job to former Sox GM Dan Duquette. I suggest that Yankee fans start writing letters, e-mailing, whatever it takes to stop this madness before it happens!!!

22. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Well, it does look like Cashman's on and Matusui is re-signed to a Four-year deal, I believe? Anyways, I also can't believe they traded away Tony Womack, he was an excellent pinch runner for speed to be put in for Giambi. So far, on the news it seems the Yankees are going to be idle at the Winter Meetings.

Anyways, what's up guys...I'm from South Jersey and I love the Yankees and no one else, lol.

23. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Well talk about a move from out in left field, or center field to be exact :p. (I know... that was bad but I couldn't help myself) It's official, our very own Johnny Damon has signed on with the Yankees :_|.

Congrats Yankees fans, I'm sure you'll all have as much fun watching him blaze around the basepads while making fun of his poor throwing arm as we did over the last few years.

24. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Looks like Papa George decided to try to buy another championship with the signing of Damon. lol j/k I say that all the time to get Yankee fans all fired up. lol

Anyway, the Damon signing looks like it could be a good one for the boys in pinstripes. It was only a matter of time before they did a deal to try to compete with the attention that the Mets have been getting for their deals so far this offseason.

25. LifeSabre

LifeSabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    well i would rather have an owner who puts the revenue into the team, rather then his pocket any day of the week

if your willing to spend the money, then spend it...you dont buy championships

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.