main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey New York Yankees thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ghosts_Of_Anakin, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    I hope Damon dies before the game tonight. Go to hell, Johnny.

2. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    *stretches arms and rubs eyes*

Time to join the wake up call for this thread!

Happy Season to all and GO YANKS!

~DG~

3. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Giambi committed an error in the first inning. Why do I have a feeling that this season may be a year of errors? [face_worried]

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Because it WILL BE [face_devil]!!!!!

let the taunting begin

5. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    The first game of the season was highly misleading. I can't wait till they're back on the east coast, because staying up till 2am on a work night stinks.

I'm not really focused on the Yanks right now, considering I have playoff hockey to be concerned with :)

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    That's usually the only time I'm not watching a game is on west coast trips. I'm usually sleeping by the time the game gets started. Man getting older can be such a drag sometimes :_|.

I saw an article about the new ballpark last week. Are things getting closer to becoming a done deal there?

7. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Hey, I thought I saw a Red Sox fan in here! Anyone call pest control?

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Good Luck Moby... but the Orkin man ain't got nothin' on me [face_skull]!!!

9. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Here is a post I did in Boston you Yankee fans may appreciate.

The Red Sox reacquire Doug Mirabelli after trading him away at the beginning of the season??? So he could catch the knuckle ball pitcher Tim Wakefield.

Once again the Red Sox owners[face_pig] and management team [face_clown] have made another one of those moves that just make you shake your head.

They really started the season off wrong with me when Bronson Arroyo took the hometown discount to stay in Boston ,and the Sox organization screwed him over by trading him to the Reds.

Bronson is now 5-0 on the season!! with a 2.34 ERA
    And he has 2 HR as a batter.
    (Why can't the Sox get a guy like that??)

And how is our old friend Pedro Martinez doing??

5-0 with a 2.94 ERA and 33 Strike Outs in 33.2 innings
    Once again why can't the Sox get a guy like that...oh yeah they waited until the last minute to low ball him. :mad:

How did that trade for Edgar Renteria work out [face_sick]

It is no wonder why Johhny Damon decided to go with an organization with management and ownership stability.

Just my opinon

Oh yeah sorry guys, Sox won tonight.
    But it is only one game we will see who will be in the playoffs this year I am guessing it won't be Boston. [face_devil]

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Considering the team that Toronto has put together this year we could be seeing some new faces in the playoffs. Nothing is guaranteed for either team this season, which makes things all the more interesting.

As for last night's game it was just as I'd expect from a Sox-Yankees matchup... intense. A great pitching performance by both starters and with a little more offense late in the game the Sox won this one. Tonight will be a good game if it stops raining in time [face_praying].

11. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    That was a great game last night for sure.

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Is it really true that the NY media is calling out Randy Johnson saying he should retire? Having watched his outings more than I would do you guys think he's just in a funk or is he running out of steam? I know he's got a winning record on the season so far but is that a result of the offense bailing him out or was he in control through his first few starts and only started losing it recently?

13. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    I'm going to the game Saturday! Please pray for no rain!!!!

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Just figured that I'd stop by and dust this thread off for you guys. There's almost 2 months of cobwebs scattered around and I'd hate to see this thread fall out of sight.

15. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Heh, well...Yanks lost last night which was dissapointing condsidering it was the Braves. I think Wright did ok, wasn't his best start ever.

I just hope Wang puts in another great performance tonight like he did his last start. I also hope that some of the offense can get started as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.