main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey New York Yankees thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ghosts_Of_Anakin, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Here's some quick stats for yah! Take away the 1-6 record against Boston, and New York's record against the rest of baseball is 41-15. That is one game off the pace they set in 1998 when they started off 61-20 in the first have of the season. At the same time Boston is 31-26, 10.5 games behind the Yankees pace. Their stars are coming back and they are still loosing. Soon we will have a chance to avenge earlier defeats. This will make for some exciting ball in a couple of weeks. Go Yankees!

EDIT: Just got hit with bandwagon label. I guess being a fan for 27 years is being on the bandwagon. How long before I can be a true fan?

2. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I guess being a fan for 27 years is being on the bandwagon. How long before I can be a true fan?

Ed, I've learned from experience that whenever your team does well and you cheer for them, it automiatically makes you a frontrunner. So who the hell cares what people think? I love the Yanks, you love the Yanks, we love the Yanks...that's all that matters.

3. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    BOSTON S*CKS.

4. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Boston sacks?
    sicks?
    socks?
    secks?

Huh???

5. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    It's really wild watching the Yanks play in Dodger Stadium for the first time in 23 years. That's one park that hasn't seen the effects of age yet.

6. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Nice little sweep of the Mets in the doubleheader yesterday. I started to get a little nervous when Piazza made in 7-5...my mind flashed back to 2001 when the Mets came back from 7-2 down to win...but Sierra put two in with his base hit in the bottom half.

And I still hate seeing Stanton get roughed up. The guy was our rock for so many years and now he's just struggling. It sucks.

7. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Well, if we are lucky, we can pull out the coffin and start driving the nails into it. Boston-New York. Very imporant series coming up. I will be at Thursday nights game rooting on the boys fom the Bronx. I'm praying for a sweep. Then what will they have to say in Boston? "Well, if Nomah wasn't hurt....." I can hear it now! :) Go Yankees!

8. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I have an idea.

Can we trade Moby for Charlie?

9. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Wow, I can't believe we haven't thought of this before. I'm all for it!

10. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I'd trade Ant too, since he's a Mets fan, but there's no where for him to go.....so we'll keep him.

11. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    4-2 last night. 7 1/2 up and going for the sweep tonight. Even if the Yanks don't win tonight, this was DEFINITELY a huge series win for the them.

12. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
  13. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Wow! What a game! By far the best game I have been to in a long, long time! Jeter, you are a god! I am so tired right now. The AL East is now ours. Everyone may want to visit the Fenway thread to pay their last respects. RIP RED SOX! RIP!

14. LifeSabre

LifeSabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Amazing game indeed!

One of hte best I've ever seen

Jeter was equally amazing

15. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    EL SWEEPOLA!!

Go Yanks!

~DG~

16. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    That was the single most amazing game* I have ever seen in my entire life. It was simply stunning. There was such incredible emotion and drama for a regular season game; it was just phenomenal.

*non-playoff game

17. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    So Jeets got a gash under his eye and got stitches? It was worth it: YANKS SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!

18. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Um ladies and gentlemen, this is the capitan speaking. It appears we have hit some turbulance due to losing five of six games. I'm going to put on the fasten seatbelt sign and ask that you remain seated until it is safe to walk around the cabin agaqin. We should be clear of this turbulance in no time, but until please use the call button should you require comforting or reassuring from one of our lovely flight attendants. Thank you for flying Air Yankees.

19. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Jeter looked fine today...no band aids or nothing :)

20. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    I actually went to the game on Monday night with my uncle. Check out our seats.

[image=http://www.newjerseyorder.com/users/mike/stad.jpg]

Unfortunately I broke my friggin' camera before the game started so I didn't get any good shots.

21. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Dear Mike,

I hate you.

22. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    I know. I know.

Nice 4-game sweep of the Rays and coupled with the Boston loss the Yanks are 7 up at the midway point of the year. Not too shabby. Believe it or not but that was the first time that the Yanks have ever swept the Rays in a 4-game set.

23. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Watching the Home Run Derby....

how bad do I want to beat David Ortiz with a bat?

24. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    I couldn't believe Berkman last night. We were watching it in the bar and none of us could believe that he was hitting it OUT of the stadium!! Just clearing everything out there including the train tracks! That is unreal.

25. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Yeah, here's where I was sitting at the Yankees game last Saturday. Even as a Yankees hater, I love going to Yankee games. So much energy, just a great baseball environment. The 1918 chants starting in the bottom of the 7th are always funny. :p

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~hscheuren3/yankeestadium.JPG]

And yeah, Berkman was absolutely incredible last night. But ya gotta admit, Tejada winning it was pretty cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.