main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Yuuzhan Vong books

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthjulian777, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthjulian777

darthjulian777 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2008
    Earlier in the month i e-mailed James Luceno and asked whether there were talks about new Yuuzhan vong books guess what he said

There's still vague talk about revisiting the Yuuzhan Vong, but nothing definite.

what do you guys think of this?

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Well at least its being thought about.:)

And thew Vong have appeared in the Legacy comic series, though not of late. At least they still have some EU presence.

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm not averse to seeing them appear in new books, but their appearances would have to be similar to their role in Legacy. Certainly not as bad guys.

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Tim Zahn said a couple of years ago that he might be interested in doing a story about the the Yuuzhan Vong in the Unknown Regions and the Empire of the Hand. That sounds good to me.

Anything by Greg Keyes does, too.

And considering how much I enjoyed the Denning and Allston chapters of the NJO, I wouldn't mind some Yuuzhan Vong in "Fate of the Jedi" AT ALL. We know from The Joiner King that Jacen had been on Zonoma Sekot once or twice, since the end of TUF, right? ;) :D

- The Imperial Ewok

5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    And of course Nom Anor should resurface [face_whistling]

6. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    It was a shame they were so completely forgotten in LotF, and I really hope thay have something to do with FotJ. Of course they will be good, but I think some rogue Vongs could appear as evil just like the Empire's warlords used to be.

7. GoA

GoA Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2007
    Considering the impact on the galaxy that they had, I'm surprised that there haven't been more stories, or even significant mentions, of them in any novels post-NJO.

I'd enjoy reading a story about them, post-NJO. It would be kind of interesting to see what they've been up to since the end of TUF.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I would support more NJO books, or more Yuuzhan Vong. Very much so.

9. jetsetterdavoo

jetsetterdavoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2006
    Imagine the politics of maybe having to defend the Vong. I would imagine that there would be a lot of systems or groups that would like to get some revenge on them.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Much as I loathed them in NJO, I've liked a great deal how Legacy has them on a path of atonement, which suggests somehow, somewhere the Vong came to see their (or their predecessor's) actions as wrong.

There's a potentially good story to be told right there but I suspect it probably won't be dramatic enough for DR.

11. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Yeah. Like those Bothan fellows.

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    They've already had one series about the Bothans contributing to genocide. :p

13. Aspiration

Aspiration Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2008
    It might be a good time for it. It's been a while since DNT, something needs to be done with Tahiri, and I get the feeling that if the YV were to reappear Daala wouldn't exactly be very reasonable about it.

14. RebelJoseWales

RebelJoseWales Jedi Master star 3

Sep 10, 2008
    Meh. Having the grandchildren of the Vong that invaded all busted up about it seems cheap; I mean, either hold them accountable for it and start swinging the genocide hammer, or forget about it.

15. FireJade

FireJade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    Yuuzhan Vong + Jedi against Daala + Mandalorians? Is that really what we want?

16. RebelJoseWales

RebelJoseWales Jedi Master star 3

Sep 10, 2008
    That depends. Do Daala, the Jedi, and the Vong end up dead?

17. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah, I would live to see more of them. I'd really like more books set during the NJO, but showing the Vong in the post-NJO galaxy would be really cool too, considering they were almost immediately pushed under the rug by DR. Maybe Vongerella? [face_batting]

18. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I'd love to see the Jedi forced to team up with the Vong (assuming the Vong have changed from what Onimi had twisted them into) against Daala and the Mandos.

19. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Oh, wouldn't that be the sweetest little battle you've ever seen...

What an idea! :eek:

20. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Some distinctly amoral Vong mercenaries would do well in the stew of species antipathy that seems to permeate the galaxy.

"Don't like your neighbors? We'll drop a moon on em!"

21. DarthUr

DarthUr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I would think that the Vong would be more concerned with avoiding doing anything that might trigger the galaxy turning on them en masse as the horrible monstrous apocalyptic threat that almost killed them all.

22. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I don't mind a Vong cameo here or there, like in the TJK, but not sure if I'd care to see a Vong book. Although I wouldn't mind checking up to see how the Vong on Zonoma Sekot are doing, in terms of breaking their old habits and adapting to a more peaceful life. By Legacy, we see the end result of a century or so of rehabilitation, so there should be some progress by now, after 10 years or so. It might be nice to see, what was his name, that Vong priest who defected because he honestly felt that Zonoma Sekot was home, I think his name was Harrar, to see how he's doing on Sekot. AS long as he's not dead or killed or something.

Although Jedi+Vong vs. evil Daala might be nice, but given that its only a decade or so since the Vong War, that might just make the Jedi look even worse in the public eye, siding with the Vong. Though since it sounds like the galaxy already hates the Jedi (again), getting Vong warriors to help out probably wouldn't hurt them too much. Not sure if sending Tahiri back to Sekot would be a punishment or a form of penance for her though.

23. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Hi! I'm a telepathic talking pumpkin head. I can hear my brother 125 lightyears away. Don't ask me how. Just can. You should hear my Crazy Frog impersonation. It's rad.

24. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Well, personally, I can do without Daala + Mandalorians. But if this is what we could get...

This truly sounds like a genius idea... [face_money_eyes]

But I guess people would think that it contradicts Legacy, where the Vong are implied to have done nothing of mention but the Ossus project. [face_chicken]

Book about the first Vong president of the Republic/Alliance (named Borsk in honour of the great fallen hero who had single-handedly slain many a Vong warrior) - release IT! 8-}

(thinking about it, Borsk might end up as the Trickster in that Vong-sub-pantheon that includes The Ganner...)

25. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    Yeah, it could cause some kind of war or something, like a "the Sith-Imperial War"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.