main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Zelda Bonus Disc Rumored...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    On Wed, Planet Gamecube has an article that says there's a new Zelda bonus disc in the works for December, and it sounds just fantastic.

According to them, it's currently slated to contain the following:

-The Legend of Zelda
    -Zelda ][: The Adventure of Link
    -The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    -The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

They don't know yet if OOT: Master Quest will be included (though I'd wager they won't, to keep the original Zelda bonus disc somewhat unique), and the ommision of A Link to the Past is probably due to it's somewhat recent rerelease to GBA earlier this year.

The disc will come with the purchase of a GCN, but "may also be available through other offers". Like most recent bonus discs, you'll probably be able to nab one froma store for $5-10 by itself, I'd imagine.

Maybe they'll call it "The Legacy of Zelda"? [face_batting]

::dreams of Z2 save files::

2. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    Sure, I hear about this two weeks AFTER I get a Cube with Ocarina/Master Quest.

They better make it available other ways...maybe with the Wind Waker sequel? *begs Nintendo*

3. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Sweet I hope there are other means to get the disc. I lent my N64 to my brother when he was in college and it got stolen, so I've been without my two fav Zelda games.

4. Fettster

May 7, 2003
    I'm especially hoping for this one because I never played Majora's Mask. We never got the N64 expansion pack. (Speaking of which, do you really need to take the jumper out to put the expansion in? A guy at my school is offering an expansion, but wants the jumper in exchange. Maybe I'll just tell him I'll get him the jumper after making sure the expansion works without it. Not exactly the most trustworthy guy in the school.)

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah you switch out the "starter" RAM with the expansion pak.

6. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Really it's no big deal to upgrade to the expansion. There's a slot on the front that opens up on the N64. The pak came with a little tool to take the memory out and replace it with the new. Takes about two seconds.

7. Fettster

May 7, 2003
    Except for the little detail of me not having the tool, and him being unlikely to provide it. Nearest household equivalent? :p

8. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Quarter/Penny :p

Edit: Just something you can use to pop the mem. out of place with.

9. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    This sounds almost too good to be true, hopefully they will sell this in Europe as well. If not...well let's a certain somebody will be pissed :p ;)

10. petmytauntaun

petmytauntaun Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 27, 2002
    It's now official...

"Nintendo of America today announced that November 17 gamers can pick up The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition Bundle, which includes a GameCube and a Zelda bonus disc with several classic franchise titles, for $99.99 -- the same low price the system sells for now.

The bonus Zelda disc will include all of the following games:

The Legend of Zelda, the original 1987 game originally developed for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) that introduced Link, Zelda, Ganon and the magical world of Hyrule
    Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, the 1988 NES adventure that combined exploration, action, magic and weapons
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the 1998 hit originally developed for the Nintendo 64 that let players travel through time, explore vast territories and solve puzzles, all in a 3D environment
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, the 2000 sequel originally developed for the Nintendo 64 that let players don masks to transform into various characters, all while battling against the clock
    A playable demo of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, the series' 2003 debut on the Nintendo GameCube that included cel-shaded visuals and unique facial animation in the richest, most expansive environment yet
    The disc will also feature a short retrospective history of the Zelda franchise and gameplay footage highlights from Wind Waker.

"This offer is the ultimate treat for fans of The Legend of Zelda series," said George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president, marketing and corporate communications. "Just buy a Nintendo GameCube at the new low MSRP of $99.99 and you get the special The Legend of Zelda offer at no additional cost."

Players who already own a GameCube can get the disc in one of two ways, according to Nintendo. The first way is to register their GameCube system along with two of the following games: Mario Kart Double Dash!!, Mario Party 5, Mario & Luigi, Superstar Saga, and 1080 Avalanche. The other way to get the disc is by subscribing to or renewing a subscription with Nintendo Power, the publisher's in-house magazine."

11. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    It's going to available here next week along with MartKartDD!!, damn it Nintendo, why aren't you selling this disc separately or adding this as a bonus disc to some game :_|

12. petmytauntaun

Sep 27, 2002
    I'll just subscribe to Nintendo Power to get it. That seems the most hassle free way for me.

13. Fettster

May 7, 2003
    It would be for me, except for the little detail of not really liking mags devoted to a single company. Give me EGM any day.

14. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm sure you can just buy one from a game retailer, When I got rebel strike I asked if they had any other bonus discs that they sold seperate. He gave me for free (probably cause it sucks) a backyard wrestling DVD. Just ask when it comes out, and maybe offer a fee, bribe, or "donation", to get one.

15. petmytauntaun

Sep 27, 2002
    I'm not saying I like Nintendo Power...Just that this will be the easiest way to get it IMO.

As far as "obtaining" a disk from a local retailer...Tried it with the Rebel Strike disk. Everyone in these parts are too uptight.

Either way, it will be sweet to have these classic games on the 'Cube.

16. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I'd subscribe to Nintendo Power if Nintendo would get their ass in gear. They are my favorite game company, always will be, but my God are they slacking these days.

17. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    There will always be ebay too.

18. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    So the only way to get it is to subscribe to NP? That sucks cause I hate that magizine, its too kiddy. I unsubscribed in 8th grade.

19. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    If NP offered a monthly demo disc, I would not care how kiddy the magazine was though.

I'll probably fork over to subscribe just to get the disc unless some place like BestBuy sells them.

My localBest Buy sold the Rebel Strike demo for $5, and for some reason is trying to sell the first Nintendo demo disc for $40.

20. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    This is really awesome. I've always wondered why Nintendo didn't just stick a ton of the original NES games onto a few GameCube discs and rerelease them as something of a nostalgia run. Given the popularity of emulators, I think there's definitely demand enough that it would be profitable. And it's not like they still sell old-school games, so they wouldn't be in competition with themselves.

Amazing.

21. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I recently bought the NES Turtles 2 Arcade and Double Dragon 2 games, just for nostalgia.

The days, when 3D graphics were unheard of . . . when pocket money fed those hungry arcade machines . . . when your mother caught that pinning look from you, and the inevitable reality that gave you Ice Climber that day!

22. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    I have never played a Zelda game until the wind waker although I have had all 4 home Nintendo consoles, I have played the Ocarina bonus disk and I have been kicking myself for not bying it with my N64, I have to agree it is one of the best games ever made. I don't want another GC, that is the only problem, I could just get it and sell the GC without the disk, And why isn't A link to the past on there, has it got something to do with it been on GBA and they think everyone will just get it for GC or something?

23. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    This sounds almost too good to be true, hopefully they will sell this in Europe as well. It is, I'm from the UK and in my local GAME it had a poster for a GC Mario Kart DD bundle including the Zelda bonus disk.

24. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    Statement Too bad Zelda: A LINK TO THE PAST and the GameCube4 versions of Zelda are not included in it.

25. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Haha TripleB

JONJEDI you should have read my second post in this thread ;)

don't want another GC, that is the only problem, I could just get it and sell the GC without the disk, And why isn't A link to the past on there, has it got something to do with it been on GBA and they think everyone will just get it for GC or something?

Same here and the reason that aLttP isn't on the list is because there isn't a SNES emulator for the GameCube as far as I can tell (NES has been done before with the original Metroid and the N64 with OoT).
    Besides all the SNES games are heading to the GBA ;)

But anyway why isn't Nintendo selling this seperetly? I would have paid ?59,95* for it :p (*average GameCube game price over here)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.