main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi New

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by OzRadio, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzRadio

OzRadio Jedi Knight

Jul 2, 2018
    Hello, new forum member. This is also my first Star Wars forum. Loved the original films as a kid in the early 1980s and have enjoyed the follow-up films in subsequent years though, of course, they never equalled the originals in my head. But nothing ever compares to your best childhood memories, I suppose! I've mainly been a casual fan, reading the occasional book or watching an episode of Clone Wars on Netflix every now and then. Stumbled on this forum after watching Solo last week and thought I'd check it out.

2. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Hi! Welcome to the boards, hope you like it here! How did you like Solo?

3. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
    Hi @OzRadio! I'm also new, but welcome! I hope you enjoy it here. I can recommend the e-adoption program, which I've found very helpful getting started.

4. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Hey @OzRadio! Welcome to the forums! Like @Voss Fulris I'm newish and would totally recommend the eAdoption program which has been super helpful!! Have fun!

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome @OzRadio - Am I to assume you're from my side of this glorious planet?? As you can see, we are all pretty friendly here and all welcoming. If you need help or are struggling in any way, you only need ask. Happy to guide, ask @Khalia Octa !!! ;) :p

Did you like Solo? I did, and seems you are not close to my age but at least old enough to remember the Original Trilogy (OT). I loved the cartoons too, and found myself watching them with my 18 year old son!

Make yourself at home, and ask if you need help.

6. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
  7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello @OzRadio, welcome to the community. :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome @OzRadio to the forums and the large community of Star Wars fans. We are generally a friendly bunch, so please ask us any questions if you have any.

9. OzRadio

OzRadio Jedi Knight

Jul 2, 2018
    Thanks, all! Probably not, Oz = Kansas, not Aussie but you're not the first to think that! I enjoyed Solo about like I've enjoyed all the other post-original trilogy series. I'm 43 so the OT is magical and everything since is just fun candy. I did enjoy Solo more the second time which I'm finding to be a pattern with each new film they release in the series. I will check out the eAdoption program.

10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Please do, I got 9 years on ya, and saw ANH in the cinema! Im one of those fans who loves it all, good or bad!! Its a fantasy to escape into for me and judging it ruins it.

11. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  13. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Yeah, have to recommend this one to have fun and get to know people and ask random things :p Great way to get started :)

Jedi Knight Fett and Ava G. like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to the forums! I am glad that you seem to like a lot of the films.

15. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there @OzRadio and welcome to the forums - I hope you will enjoy it here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.