main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~ Newbie Adoptions - incl. Training Prog.- UPD.: 08/25 - Adopt: no one waiting

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barrissoffeefan

barrissoffeefan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2011
    Hello, I'm barrissoffeefan, and I'm new! I would like to be adopted by a Jedi Master.

2. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Hi there, barrissoffeefan! Welcome to WNU, and welcome to the JC. :D Yep, we use a lot of abbreviations here, and I understand that might make things seem overwhelming for you. But the faster you learn them, the sooner you won't be overwhelmed. :p And they're real easy, too. For starters, WNU stands for Welcome New Users, which is the name of this forum; JC stands for Jedi Council, which is how we refer to the boards as a whole.

Anyway, onto the adoptions. Check the first page, here. Read the opening post, and scroll down to the second. Do you see someone who might be a good Master for you? Someone who frequents the forums you're interested in? If so, let me know, and I'll send them a PM to see if they're available to take you as a Padawan. Please be patient, though. I'll try to get you a Master as quickly as possible, but you have to understand that people aren't online all day. Not most of them, anyway. ;)

In the meantime, if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. :)

3. barrissoffeefan

Jul 11, 2011
    Yes, I think I'd like The_Zeltron if she is available still!

4. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    I just sent her a PM to find out. I'll let you know!

5. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    The_Zeltron has agreed to take barrissoffeefan as a Padawan. :D

6. barrissoffeefan

Jul 11, 2011
  7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Congratulations to both of you :)

8. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Skiara told me to tell you, barriss, that she'll be adding you to the official roster when she returns. I hope I got that right. :p

9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    You got it perfectly right! As always! :D

Congrats, Offee and Zeltron! [:D Have lots of fun! :)

And as you can see, I've just updated the first page. If there's anything missing, just let me know. :)

10. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Skiara,

Welcome back.

You can list me as being an Available Master. Risca has had to take a break from the JCF due to DRL. I am still in contact with her and will keep her in the loop.

Also please remove FanFic and replace it with SW RPG seeing as I have once again taken an active role there.

If you have any questions please let me know.

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks for keeping me up to date about your adoption, Macja. I'm sorry to hear that RL causes trouble for Risca, but on the other hand I'm happy that you are still in contact with her. Please, greet her from me when you get a chance. :)

Since I don't save favorite boards of oldbies (they can change with the time), I would like to ask you to give me your other two favorite boards, please. I'll add you to the list of free oldbies again then. :)

12. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Sorry, they are EUC and WNU. :D

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I would have bet that almost! :D

Updated in a minute. :)

14. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    What gave me away? :p

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Your PC screen. :p

16. docf225

docf225 Jedi Master

Nov 13, 2006
    Greetings Jedi,

I am Wisdo Egsan, though those outside the ways of The Force call me Doc.

I am a lifelong SW fan. Ep IV was released the day after my 14th Birthday. Earlier that spring I was seriously injured while playing baseball. I had reconstructive surgery on my hip the first week in May, and they released me from the hospital just in time for my Birthday. My folks took me to the theater the day after the movie opened. I was mesmerized. I had been a sci fi geek before that but that movie was like nothing I had seen before. Went to see it 7 more times that summer. That film saved my sanity that summer.

When Empire came out, I went to see it with my GF at the Local Drive-In She wanted to get into the back seat but I was completely enjoying the movie. Needless to say, we split up shortly after that date.

The Force is Strong with me but navigation of the board is somewhat vexing to me.

I would like to become someone's Padawan so that I can become more involved here.

Respectfully,

Wisdo Egsan

17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Wow, you've signed up five years ago and never posted until yet? What kept you from posting? :eek:

Welcome Doc! :D

It shouldn't be a problem to find an adopter for you. In the meanttime, don't hesitate to join us at the Newbie Welcome Party. It's slow, but maybe a good start for you. :)

18. -Remi-

-Remi- Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 8, 2007
    ...My first(maybe second) official foray in to forum posting for the first time on the internet was here back in 2005(The_Unknowable_jedi account). I enjoyed coming here since then. So I'd like to be on the list for oldbies wanting to adopt.

My favorite areas are the EU Community, Role Playing, Literature and fanfiction.....But You'll mostly find me prowling around the EU and RP area. :p

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My wife and I are interested in adopting if there is a tax incentive.

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Remi and MyKe, it's cool to see you being interested in adopting a new member.

Currently I'm working on a new version of adoption (there should be a newer one than this one, but I think it got eaten by the big move). So, I would like to ask you to wait for the new version. During this time, you can look out for new members who might want to have an adopter. That'll be cool! :)

Oh, and Myke... what about your wife signing up here as well? [face_batting]

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No... we will gladly allow a neglected child into our home if we can write it off of our taxes. I will traspond that motivation to: I will gladly adopt a newb on here if you find me one of those "one post & done" sign-ups. They shouldn't require too much effort...

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I think I'll manage that.

...one post & done post in the new adoption thread
    ...one post & done post in the first hi-thread
    ...one post & done post in the second hi-thread
    ...one post & done post in the third hi-thread
    ...one post & done post... until you get your new adoptee...

:p

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, I'll adopt any of those.

24. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I'd be willing to adopt a newbie too. Though I'll wait till the new thread is up.:p

25. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks, Sky! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.