main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Newbie Adoptions - incl. Training Prog.- UPD.: 12/25- Adopt: Mara, Bklyn, Plysion and more

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, sometimes Darth RL does want some attention. ;)

Ok. Then let me know, what she says, or post here / pm me, if you haven't heard anything in about two or three days. :)

2. cje24576

cje24576 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 21, 2010
    Skiara FelsGoddess says she's still available. Thanks for helping.

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Yep, I'm adopting cje24576. We'd like to do the training program. :)

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Notch up another pairing for Team WNU! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

5. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Congrats, Fels and Cje! :D
    Have lots of fun! :)

Fels, please, let me know, if you want to go through the training program and need the tasks again. :)

6. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Sorry for the delayed responce. I live in New Jersy, and I actually haven't explored many of the forums outside the "Welcome," and "Fan-fic" threads, so the main one I visit is the fan fic's since I have a story there. I hope to explore more of the forum soon.

7. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    Sith-Lord-Gunray wrote back to me and looks like we got things going. She gave me a glossary of sorts and said we will go into more detail soon. Thanks for all the help everybody.:)

8. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    My intrests: Writing stories, drawing comics, and reading novels. I posted where I live in my last post. Skiara, I think I'll need a bit of help about the adoption.

9. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Welcome back, Skiara! :) I was just wondering about a possible backup because I didn't want to step on anyones toes and also because I wasn't sure if somebody might already be taking action via private messages. :) Glad to be of help!

cje and Fels, that's great to hear. :D Have fun together! ;)

Wook: Glad to hear that. :) Hope she'll be able to give you all the help you're looking for!

Padawan, I'm sure Skiara will be able to find the perfect match for you quickly. :D

10. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Ok, thanks. I guess I'll have to be patient till then. I'm really excited about the adoption, and also kinda nervous. :D

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's cool, WookatMe! Congrats! :D
    I'll update the first page at the weekend. :)

Pad, I'll take a look and help you finding an adopter. It might take a few days until I get a reply of the people I contact. :)

12. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    I've been adopted! Qui Gon_Reborn is my Master! Thanks for your help, everyone!

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Congrats! Good news! :D
    Now have fun! :)

14. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    So, I'm well settled in my new home and the JC House Cup is done. Skiara, I'd be willing to give a helping hand to anyone seeking it. :)

Boards: Star Wars Community (main one), FanForce Community, WNU - with the occasional visits to C&G, Science-Fiction Books, EU Community, Video-Games, Montreal's FanForce Chapter, and Comms.

If you need anything else, let me know.

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Fallen, welcome to the world of adopters. It's nice that you support Adoptions by offering your help to new members. I've added you to my offline list for the next update, but feel free to ask the new members on the list on the first page. :)

16. Plyison

Plyison Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2010
    hi im rene but on this im called plyison yay corny i know anyways i was just hoping i could be part of the adoption program please cause i would like to be adopted by someone who know how to do this thank u so much plyison aka plos best friend

17. Plyison

Plyison Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2010
    ps can you send an email and tell me when i have been choosen a master please

18. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    She is? :p

19. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    She's not? :confused:

Plyison, I've added you to my offline files, but you're welcome to take a look at the first page. there you can find many oldbies who like to adopt you. Just ask them. :) If you haven't got 20 posts already, which you need for being able to send out private messages, then you're free to use this thread. :)

20. Albaholly

Albaholly Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2010
    Hey there,

I am Albaholly, I would quite like someone to adopt me please *puppy dog eyes* I am having quite a lot of trouble finding things all over the place. I only found here through a fluke :D

I can muddle through and fluke my way to things, but it might be nice to have a bit more direction at times.

21. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Hi there, Albaholly! :) (I think that's the third time I'm greeting you now! 8-})

Skiara's probably off to work for the day already, so allow me to chime in. ;)

Don't worry, the boards are big and can be a little overwhelming at first, but you'll feel right at home in no time. :D I'm sure we'll find someone here who can guide you through your first steps, though!

Can you tell us which parts of the boards you're most interested in? That way we can try and find the perfect match for you. :) You've already shown some interest in the Fan Fiction area, anything else?

While you're waiting, do feel free to ask any questions you have about the boards right here in the welcome forum - we'll all be happy to help. :D

22. Plyison

Plyison Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2010
    master may you please train me?

23. Albaholly

Sep 10, 2010
    Well, as you say, Fanfiction. That was the main reason that I joined here. I have been on FF.net for many years, although not primarily a SW reader/author. Then I got talking to somneone on there who was a member here, he linked me and the rest, as they say, is history (despite it being less than a week.)

Other places, well, I don't rightly know tbh. I would probably be interested in at least having a look at the RPG section. I play Dungeons and Dragons and have playwed SWRPG in the past.

The EU are too with all likelihood, I have read nearly all of the SW and the only reason I haven't read them all is because I got a little bored with the follow on after the Vong invasion.

In all likelihood I will probably flit like a butterfly, never really settling anywhere, but reading and looking at most things.

24. Albaholly

Sep 10, 2010
    Lol. I post this, then I go and do some other stuff for about half an hour, maybe more. Then notice that I have a private message in my inbox (I am new at this ;)) Read it and there is Fallen-Hero offering to adopt me. HE admitted that he is new at this adopting and that he doesn't know the FF sector too well. But as I said to him, I don't need someone to hold my hand, but rather someone who I can ask questions etc etc and point me in the right direction rather than do everything for me.

If I do need any fanfic specific help I can always go to Lane-Winree, the guy who got me on here in the first place.

So, I have been adopted :)

25. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    That's good to hear! :) I'm confident Fallen will make a great adopter, she(?) knows her way around the forums pretty well from what I can tell!

I always thought Fallen was a girl... :confused: Now I'm confused! :p

Anyway, I hope you two will have a great time together. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.