main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Newbie Adoptions - incl. Training Prog.- UPD.: 12/25- Adopt: Mara, Bklyn, Plysion and more

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albaholly

Albaholly Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2010
    Well, now you are worrying me :oops:

I am going to hide behind the fact that I didn't know at the time of originally posting what gender she was. I have just gone and had another look at her profile and indeed, she is female. [face_blush]

Dang.

Now shhh! And lots of people post to hide this one and the one above :D

2. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    LOL, don't you worry about it. :D

I bet you aren't the first one to get confused either, the user name doesn't exactly sound female and it's pretty much impossible to tell from the posting style if someone is male or female, in most cases. And then she's got a male icon, too! See, that's one of the reasons why I always liked using a girl's picture for my icon. ;)

We need more newbies here so we can quickly cover up everything! :p Come on new people, where are you? :D

3. Albaholly

Sep 10, 2010
    Yes indeedy, It is almost impossible to tell. (For those people, ie me, too lazy/don't think, to look at the profile)

I do feel slightly vindicated though, right down, almost on the very bottom of her profile we see this,

Now obviously, to get that far you have to have skipped the "name" and "gender" sections. But it does imply that confusion has been a result in the past :p

4. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    It's unfortunate that I have developped the habit of reading previous posts when there's not too many pages to catch up on... [face_laugh]

Don't worry about it though, I personally love confusing everyone with my gender. It's a trend I've had eversince I started on forums and that little bit at the end of my profile is in fact because Daft-Vader asked it last year, lol. It used to be in my signature, but I figured it'd be far more interesting to have people second guess themselves.

And this is for Skiara when she returns: I adopted Albaholly.

5. Albaholly

Sep 10, 2010
    Thats mean :p It is confusing to us forum newbs, and Morgaine, I can't comment on others.

but thank you very mnuch for adopting me [:D]

6. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    It'd be mean if I don't eventually let it be known - usually after a few posts, though most times the fun is ruined by other members correcting them. :(

Your welcome. I should thank you for giving me the chance too [:D]

7. Albaholly

Sep 10, 2010
    *cough* Morgaine *cough*

WE are newbies at two different aspects thrown together. I am sure that one of us will survive. Only time will tell which one.

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Congratulations, Albaholly and FH!

9. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Yes! :p You are, Master!

10. Albaholly

Sep 10, 2010
    DO we have to refer to each other as master/apprentice? Otherwise I might have to go all sith and try to kill my master to take charge :D

11. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Excuse me? That's one thing I was not made aware of. DG! This is so one of his subtle plans isn't it? :p

Seriously though, it's 'Exalted One' or 'O envy of all Corellia'. [face_plain]

12. Albaholly

Sep 10, 2010
    Yes my master, O exalted one, O envy of all Corellia, I apologise for any ...slight...I may have cast upon you...

13. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    [face_laugh]

I can see you two are gonna be a great team. :D

(My own adoptees always had a tendency to call me "mommy". :p)

Sorry about that! ;)

14. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Oh don't apologize Morgaine, it has its own charm having other correct the newbs.

And indeed, we are getting along nicely. Though I would feel really awkward if he started calling me 'mommy'.

15. Albaholly

Sep 10, 2010
    Would I do that? ... Mommy.

16. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    I'm slowly discovering that yes, you would do such a thing :p

17. Albaholly

Sep 10, 2010
    I can't promise that it won't happen again. I have too little self control for that, but I will endevour to be a little angel :)

18. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Your sig proves otherwise, little angel :p

Out of curiousity, because Skiara is currently away, anyone here have the Training Program? I only got the first ten or so questions of Week One (though I think that was all there was to Week One to begin with) and well, Ed here has already done them.

19. Albaholly

Sep 10, 2010
    I somehow sense a hint of something, maybe sarcasm in that "little angel" comment. It just seemed too perfect an opportunity.

20. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    :D I like you two. It's quite entertaining watching you. ;)

I'm afraid I don't have the questions either, I haven't actually adopted anyone in a very long time... *makes mental note to ask Skiara about that training program*

Well, Skiara should be back on Sunday, I think. Until then, maybe you can just make up your own questions? 8-}

21. Albaholly

Sep 10, 2010
    Haha, thanks :)

The first few questions didn't take too long. We had a minor problem with links...but that was sorted fairly readily :)

22. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    If adopting a newbie is always this fun, I think I'll make it my duty to have an adoptee every minute of my life. :D

Hmm, I think we can find enough to keep us entertained till there, right Al :p

What really helps is the fact we're on at the same time and IM each other instead of PMing, lol.

23. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    And the rest of us too, it seems. ;)

Yeah, talking over Instant Messenger is really nice. Much more direct connection than PMs. :)

I haven't adopted anyone since I returned after my long break, but some years ago... I always quite enjoyed having adoptees. Made some really good friends that way. :D

24. Albaholly

Sep 10, 2010
    We should be able to keep ourselves going :)

After all, the questions took about 10 minutes yesterday...yet we spent about four hours talking lol. not counting the RIDICUKOUS amount of time spent posting in the EUC...

25. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Congrats, Alba and Fallen! =D=
    And thanks to Morgaine, who helped out here and helped to pair you both up. :)

I'm very happy to see that you got an adopter so fast and even happier to see that it seems to be a very good master-padawan relationship! :D

And never hesitate to ask, if you have questions. :)

Edit: And the first page is updated. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.