main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Adoptions v3.0

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MASTER_OBI-DAN, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Sleepwalker

Anakin_Sleepwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    I have an idea. Everyone send MASTER_OBI-DAN two PM's. Then, whenever he next logs on, he'll be sure to notice his 100+ new private messages.

2. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Please don't. We don't want to give the poor guy too much work. ;)

If he doesn't reply to my PM, I'll try other ways to contact him. Be patient. :)

3. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    [face_mischief] Millions of PMs you suggest hmm? 8-}

I have a plan...PANIC!!! [face_shocked]

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Stridarious has a plan! :eek: That's indeed a reason to panic! :eek:

j/k :p

Seriously, mass PM's would be considered Spam, and I don't want anyone to get into trouble. ;)

5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    [face_shocked] I resent (SP?) that remark Morgaine 8-} .

6. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I understand the fact that MASTER_OBI-DAN has been away for some time, and rather then pile down the work load upon his return I have taken the liberty of updating the list, and adding a new thing to the bottom which may or may not stay upon his return. I would also like to take this time to congradulate the newest Adoptive pairs :D . Good luck on your newest venture together as a team! :) I look forward to the many great reports to come.
    Below is the updated Adoptee/Adopter list! ;) Please tell me if I am missing anything.

[blockquote][hr][b][color=indigo][u]Newbie Adoptions List:[/u][/color][/b] (Updated: 06/10/03)[hr][/blockquote]
    Hello, [b][color=darkslateblue]newbies[/b][/color]! [face_grin] Are you feeling a bit lost? Are you intimidated by the sheer size of the [link=http://boards.theforce.net][b]J[/b]edi [b]C[/b]ouncil[/link]? Do you want to blend in quickly, make friends fast and avoid common rookie mistakes? Then you?ve certainly come to the right place! Here, in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10253086][b][color=mediumpurple]Newbie Adoptions Thread[/color][/b][/link], we have a collection of extremely talented and caring [b][color=maroon]oldbies[/b][/color] who are dedicated to helping you learn the ways of our beloved [link=http://boards.theforce.net][i][b]J[/b]edi [b]C[/b]ouncil[/i][/link]. [face_love] And once you?ve been adopted, you?ll be able to ask any question about the [link=http://boards.theforce.net][color=mediumpurple][b]Jedi Council[/b][/color][/link], no matter how small or silly you may think it is, to your [b][color=maroon]adopter[/b][/color]. So, come get adopted today! [face_wink]

[ul][li][i][u][b][color=blue]Newbie Adoption Co-ordinator[/b][/color][/i][/u]: If any adoption information changes or if problems arise, please notify me ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=706979][b][color=blue][hl=transparent]MASTER_OBI-DAN[/color][/b][/hl] [/link]) via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=706979]PM[/link] as soon as possible. [face_happy][/li]

[li][i][u][b][color=maroon]Adopters/Oldbies[/b][/color][/i][/u]: To adopt a [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color], you must be a registered [b]JCer[/b] for at least the last three months and you must have at least 400 posts to your name. [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] may only adopt one [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color] at a time; requests by [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] to adopt another [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color] will only be heard via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=706979][i]Private Message[/i][/link] and granted with just cause. After you have adopted a [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color], it is recommended (but not mandatory) that you both make notation of your relationship in their [b]signatures[/b] ([b]E.g.[/b]: ?[i]Adopter of [b][color=darkslateblue]User B[/b][/color][/i],? and ?[i]Adoptee of [b][color=maroon]User A[/b][/color][/i]?). Lastly, [b][color=maroon]adopters[/b][/color] are encouraged let their [b][color=darkgreen]adoptee[/b][/color] progress at their own pace and to wait until their [b][color=darkslateblue]adoptee[/b][/color] feels that they are ready to come move on and emerge from ?[i]under your protective wing.[/i]? [face_wink][/li]

[li][i][u][b][color=darkslateblue]Adoptees/Newbies[/b][/color][/i][/u]: [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbies[/b][/color] are encouraged to click on the names of free [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] and to look through their [i]user profiles[/i]. [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbies[/b][/color] are not restricted to selecting a free [b][color=maroon]Oldbie[/b][/color] from their continent or who shares their interests, but are encouraged to select any free [b][color=maroon]Oldbie[/b][/color] of their choice. If a [b][color=dakrslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color] finds a free [b][color=mar

7. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
  8. padawanskywalker

Apr 16, 2003
    He has read the PM I sent him about being on the adopters list.I wonder why his login date is 5/something.Maybe he did not log on,that is why his post date is 5/something.
    padawanskywalker edit: Sorry if I have got the month wrong.

9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    padawanskywalker: His login date should change :( , however his posting time/date should not, unless he has been posting :D , either way I hope he is okay :( .

10. padawanskywalker

Apr 16, 2003
    He read the PM I sent him weeks ago but never replied.

11. GeneralJustinoMarcos

GeneralJustinoMarcos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2003
    this is kind of strange since i haven't done this type of thing before. but i am looking for someone to adopt me.

12. Dria_Klivian

Dria_Klivian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2003
    hey,

I'm a newbie waiting to be adopted !

i live in brazil and speak both Portuguese (Brazilian) and English.

I hang out mainly in Fanfiction and the Brazil fan force boards.

sooo what do you think????

adopt me pleeease! :D :D :D

dria

13. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Good news everyone! MASTER_OBI-DAN is back, and I am sure glad too. You have no idea how long that took me to make. 8-} However I will talk to MASTER_OBI-DAN and see exactly how he wants me to transfer over those codings. :)

14. Jezebel_Jedi

Jezebel_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    Well I've been here a while now so I was wondering if I could be put on the list so maybe I could adopt a newbie, if I've been here long enough that is.

15. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    lol When I first read your post, Jezebel_Jedi, I was wondering what you write, because I thought (because of your icon) you are Morgaine! ;) :D

Guess you can be put on the list, but better wait for Master_Obi-Dan answer! ;) :)

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Whelp, I made my final Alterations to the list before giving all the coding back over to MASTER_OBI-DAN , the true WNU Newbie Adoption Co-ordinator.
    In that time to which it took me to completely revise the list, I have come to a better appreciation for MASTER_OBI-DAN , and the things to which he has done here in the JC. I am extremely happy :) that he has returned to continue his duties once agian. I would also like to say that if ever he needed a helping hand, I would graciously give it as I have now... WELCOME Back MASTER_OBI-DAN !! However, before I take that final step allow me to leave by addressing this question 8-} .

• Jezebel_Jedi: It appears you meet all the requirements, yet I would have to say that you may need your Adopter/Oldbie to say that you are released, and finished learning all you can from him ;) .

[blockquote][hr][b][color=darkmagenta][u]Newbie Adoptions List:[/u][/color][/b][hr][/blockquote]
    Hello, [b][color=darkslateblue]newbies[/b][/color]! [face_grin] Are you feeling a bit lost? Are you intimidated by the sheer size of the [link=http://boards.theforce.net][b]J[/b]edi [b]C[/b]ouncil[/link]? Do you want to blend in quickly, make friends fast and avoid common rookie mistakes? Then you?ve certainly come to the right place! Here, in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10253086][b][color=#60699F]Newbie Adoptions Thread[/color][/b][/link], we have a collection of extremely talented and caring [b][color=maroon]oldbies[/b][/color] who are dedicated to helping you learn the ways of our beloved [link=http://boards.theforce.net][i][b]J[/b]edi [b]C[/b]ouncil[/i][/link]. [face_love] And once you?ve been adopted, you?ll be able to ask any question about the [link=http://boards.theforce.net][color=#60699F][b]Jedi Council[/b][/color][/link], no matter how small or silly you may think it is, to your [b][color=maroon]adopter[/b][/color]. So, come get adopted today! [face_wink]

[ul][li][i][u][b][color=blue]Newbie Adoption Co-ordinator[/b][/color][/i][/u]: If any adoption information changes or if problems arise, please notify me ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=706979][b][color=blue][hl=transparent]MASTER_OBI-DAN[/color][/b][/hl] [/link]) via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=706979]PM[/link] as soon as possible. [face_happy][/li]

[li][i][u][b][color=maroon]Adopters/Oldbies[/b][/color][/i][/u]: To adopt a [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color], you must be a registered [b]JCer[/b] for at least the last three months and you must have at least 400 posts to your name. [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] may only adopt one [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color] at a time; requests by [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] to adopt another [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color] will only be heard via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=706979][i]Private Message[/i][/link] and granted with just cause. After you have adopted a [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color], it is recommended (but not mandatory) that you both make notation of your relationship in their [b]signatures[/b] ([b]E.g.[/b]: ?[i]Adopter of [b][color=darkslateblue]User B[/b][/color][/i],? and ?[i]Adoptee of [b][color=maroon]User A[/b][/color][/i]?). Lastly, [b][color=maroon]adopters[/b][/color] are encouraged let their [b][color=darkslateblue]adoptee[/b][/color] progress at their own pace and to wait until their [b][color=darkslateblue]adoptee[/b][/color] feels that they are ready to come move on and emerge from ?[i]under your protective wing.[/i]? [face_wink][/li]

[li][i][u][b][color=darkslateb

17. Anakin_Sleepwalker

Anakin_Sleepwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Seems as though things are finally being straightened out here......

I like it! :D

18. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    • Anakin_Sleepwalker: Yes, with the reversion of this list and MASTER_OBI-DAN 's return, everything appears to be coming up rosie! 8-} However, I just wish that I could find an icon that suits me best! [face_laugh]

19. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Nice work Strid :)...good to know you've kept the adoption thread going.

Congrats to all the new pairs. :cool: And to all the newbies awaiting adoption...don't worry, someone will snap you up soon. :D

God Bless!

Humaira

P.S.-Gee Strid, Palapatine icon to clone trooper icon...I'm trying to find a pattern here. [face_mischief] I guess the next natural progression would be Jango Fett. Heheh 8-} That is of course if your degree of evil is decreasing... ;)

20. padawanskywalker

Apr 16, 2003
    How many more days are there until July 14?Am I ready to adopt someone?

21. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    • padawanskywalker: I am sorry, I removed that bottom list from the Newbie Adoption update because it was never there from before. However, I believe you have met one requirement and still need one more :) . But do not fret, soon that time to which you must wait will be quickly behind you. I in fact think its this month that you must wait before you may adopt someone, but then agian I may be wrong :( .

22. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    PS:there is about 33 days left until you can adopt someone! :D

23. Jezebel_Jedi

Jezebel_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    Well I pm'd Janiajag00 and hopefully she will post soon so I can be ready to adopt someone.

24. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Um, Strid, when I said I wanted to be on the list I was wanting to be on the adoptee list not the adopters. I know I don't know enough to adopt. I wanted someone to show me the ropes. I'm sorry for the confusion, that was not my intention.

25. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I would like to adopt someone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.