main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Adoptions v3.0

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MASTER_OBI-DAN, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elvanya

Elvanya Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2003
    hello, I'm a newbie, and was told that I have to be adopted. So someone adopt me, please.

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    *twiddles thumbs* :)

By the way ... newbies, if you'd like an adopter to approach you and not the other way around, it would be helpful if you would post what you are intersted in. Such as, say, Episode 3 spoilers, TPM discussion, roleplaying, etc. :)

3. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Is it allowed to chat with newbies waiting to be adopted so you get to know them before you adopt someone?

4. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    *shrug*

Why not? ;)

5. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    ok... i think that Jezebel_Jedi is ready to go on the boards by herself. nice job JJ! have fun...

-jj00

6. Jezebel_Jedi

Jezebel_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    Thank-you Jania :)

7. GeneralJustinoMarcos

GeneralJustinoMarcos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2003
    JediPrincessKas has agreed to adopt me i sent a pm to dan but i don't know how long i need to wait for him to post that we are not available for adopting.

8. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    OKay guys, it appears that MASTER_OBI-DAN is still tied up for the moment, so when I have a spare chance I will write up a new list and post it ;) . For I'd hate for him to fall too far behind 8-} .

9. GeneralJustinoMarcos

GeneralJustinoMarcos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2003
    i am eternally grateful strid!

10. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Alright here is the newly updated Newbie Adoption List, I believe MASTER_OBI-DAN should be back in tonight. So this is just to keep things flowing smoothly, so that he is not overwhelmed by more work on his part, so that he may just jump back in and return this place back as it was.

[ul][li][b]J_M_Bulldog[/b]: I am so sorry, I will fix that mistake immediately [face_grin] [/li][/ul][ul][li][b]Goo_Child[/b]: thanks for volunteering your time to help out, it is greatly appreciated [face_wink] .[/li][/ul][ul][li][b]Elvanya[/b]: Welcome aboard, I have already placed your name onto the Newbie Adoption List and you should hear from many interested [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] soon enough [face_wink] .[/li][/ul][ul][li][b]DarthXan318[/b]: That?s a great idea, I think that perhaps that may clear up a lot of the confusion with the name list.[/li][/ul][ul][li][b]padawanskywalker[/b]: That is in fact an excellent question, and I would have to agree with what [b]DarthXan318[/b] stated. It would be greatly encouraged that you communicate with the [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbies[/b][/color] on the list as to find that common interest between the both of you.[/li][/ul][ul][li]Also a Big [b]Congratulations[/b]! to our latest [b][color=darkgreen]Adoptive pair[/b][/color] [b]GeneralJustinoMarcos[/b] & [b][color=red]JediPrincessKas[/color][/b] [face_happy] . Good luck to you both on this newest endeavor! [face_grin] .[/li][/ul][ul][li]Also another big [b][color=maroon]Congratulations[/color][/b] to [b]Jezebel_Jedi[/b] whom was released earlier today, and who has offered her time to adopt one of her own.[/li][/ul]

[hr]

[blockquote][hr][b][color=white][hl=60699F][u]Newbie Adoptions List:[/u][/color][/b][/hl][hr][/blockquote]
    Hello, [b][color=darkslateblue]newbies[/b][/color]! [face_grin] Are you feeling a bit lost? Are you intimidated by the sheer size of the [link=http://boards.theforce.net][b]J[/b]edi [b]C[/b]ouncil[/link]? Do you want to blend in quickly, make friends fast and avoid common rookie mistakes? Then you?ve certainly come to the right place! Here, in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10253086][b][color=#60699F]Newbie Adoptions Thread[/color][/b][/link], we have a collection of extremely talented and caring [b][color=maroon]oldbies[/b][/color] who are dedicated to helping you learn the ways of our beloved [link=http://boards.theforce.net][i][b]J[/b]edi [b]C[/b]ouncil[/i][/link]. [face_love] And once you?ve been adopted, you?ll be able to ask any question about the [link=http://boards.theforce.net][color=#60699F][b]Jedi Council[/b][/color][/link], no matter how small or silly you may think it is, to your [b][color=maroon]adopter[/b][/color]. So, come get adopted today! [face_wink]

[ul][li][i][u][b][color=blue]Newbie Adoption Co-ordinator[/b][/color][/i][/u]: If any adoption information changes or if problems arise, please notify me ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=706979][b][color=blue][hl=transparent]MASTER_OBI-DAN[/color][/b][/hl] [/link]) via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=706979]PM[/link] as soon as possible. [face_happy][/li]

[li][i][u][b][color=maroon]Adopters/Oldbies[/b][/color][/i][/u]: To adopt a [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color], you must be a registered [b]JCer[/b] for at least the last three months and you must have at least 400 posts to your name. [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] may only adopt one [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color] at a time; requests by [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] to adopt another [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color] will only be heard via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=706979][i]Private Message[/i][/link] and granted with just cause. After you have adopted a [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color], it is recommended (but not mandatory) that you both make notation of your relationship in their [b]signatures[/b] ([b]E.g.[/b]: ?

11. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I signed up for this a bit ago, I still dont see my name up there ;)
    shall I do this via PM? LOL

12. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Master_Obi-Dan,

My adoptee hasn't posted since May 20th or so. I have pm'd her to see how she's doing, but she hasn't responded. She may be busy with finals and such at school, but I think she can handle herself on the boards.

So, I'm ready for another adoptee.

Lady Sami

13. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I figured it's about time for me to get back into this.

So...who needs adopting? :)

14. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    im adopting Dria_Klivian.... :)

-jj00

15. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I've adopted Darth_Mouldywort :)

16. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Congratulations to every new pair! :D

17. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Thanks Sabine :)

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You're welcome, Jean! :)

(Hope that is the correct term. Even now I am wondering a bit about it. ;) )

19. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Well I understood it, that's good enough for me :D

20. Darth_Mouldywort

Darth_Mouldywort Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2003
    Wahoo

I've just been adopted.

Thanks AmberStarbright - Hi Skiara

:D

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Darth_Mouldywort! :)

And I know you have chosen a good adopter! :D

22. Darth_Mouldywort

Darth_Mouldywort Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2003
    I think it was more of a case of her choosing me actually ;)

23. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I see. :) But I believe you will be happy with your adopter. ;) :)

She is very nice! :)

24. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    No problem :D

Thanks Sabine [face_blush]

25. Creating_Nightmares

Creating_Nightmares Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2003
    I'm new and will probably need to be adopted by someone. :) Any one wanna help me out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.