Newbie Adoptions v3.0

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MASTER_OBI-DAN, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Skiara
  1. Franksta Jedi Youngling

can i put myself up for adoption. I think i could use a little help navigating the boards. I'm used to VBulletin or other forum layouts so this one will take some getting used to. thanks.
  2. bowieslefteye Jedi Master

star 4
    i've been adopted by: Bountyhunter2999 i think thats his name, beats me! ?[face_plain]
  3. --Leia-- Jedi Youngling

star 1
    If someone wants to adopt me I'm willing.
  4. lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okay, whoever's in charge of the roster here at the moment, I have now released my adoptee Lord_RJ into the boards to go off on his own. I'm sure he'll be fine! :D So I can now be put on the free oldbies list for Asia/Oceania. I frequent Literature and EU Community, mostly.

Thanks. :)
  5. Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Umm speaking of the places...I go to Fanfiction, and RPG please...
  6. Taz_Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    I fulfill the requiorments to be an adoptor... but I have one question that maybe somebody who spends more time in the book section of the JC could answer (cause I haven't found it anywhere else) Does the JC have a "book club"? If so, can you pm a link?
  7. Drac39 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I have adopted --Leia--
  8. Anakin_Sleepwalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Stridarious: I now also visit in the Fan Force (USA - Southwest) Phoenix Arizona forum. If you could update that onto the list, that would be nice.

Thanks. :D
  9. Stridarious Jedi Knight

star 6
    Newest update!

• Malz4JESUS: I added your name and info to the list. I wish you the most of blessings upon this new adventure for you, and the expedition for a Newbie ;) . hey are sometimes quite tricky to find 8-} .
    • Franksta: Consider it already taken care of ;) .
    • Monkey_jedi: I am so sorry, but I think I am confused. Did you adopt him, or him adopt you? 8-} .
    • lightsaber_wielder: Already taken care of! ;) .
    • Mirax-Jade: All fixed!
    • Taz_Jinn: Welcome to the loving family of Oldbies! And about a book club, I did not find one there. However you may join something similiar to one in EU which I created :(EU Social Reading Caf'e)
    • Welcome our newest Oldbie & Newbie Adoptive pair?. Drac39 & --Leia--, Congrads!
    • Anakin_Sleepwalker: I am sorry, but for the time being I think that those are all that I may list, however, if need be I may list your other option.

Newbie Adoptions List:
    />
    Hello, newbies! :D Are you feeling a bit lost? Are you intimidated by the sheer size of the Jedi Council? Do you want to blend in quickly, make friends fast and avoid common rookie mistakes? Then you?ve certainly come to the right place! Here, in the Newbie Adoptions Thread, we have a collection of extremely talented and caring oldbies who are dedicated to helping you learn the ways of our beloved Jedi Council. [face_love] And once you?ve been adopted, you?ll be able to ask any question about the Jedi Council, no matter how small or silly you may think it is, to your adopter. So, come get adopted today! ;)

• Newbie Adoption Co-ordinator: If any adoption information changes or if problems arise, please notify me (MASTER_OBI-DAN ) via PM as soon as possible. :)

• Adopters/Oldbies: To adopt a Newbie, you must be a registered JCer for at least the last three months and you must have at least 400 posts to your name. Oldbies may only adopt one Newbie at a time; requests by Oldbies to adopt another Newbie will only be heard via Private Message and granted with just cause. After you have adopted a Newbie, it is recommended (but not mandatory) that you both make notation of your relationship in their signatures (E.g.: ?Adopter of User B,? and ?Adoptee of User A?). Lastly, adopters are encouraged let their adoptee progress at their own pace and to wait until their adoptee feels that they are ready to come move on and emerge from ?under your protective wing.? [face_win
    />/>/>/>
  10. Stridarious Jedi Knight

star 6
    • Sorry there were tons of mistakes in that last post and no time left to edit them 8-} So here is a new list.

Newbie Adoptions List:
    />
    Hello, newbies! :D Are you feeling a bit lost? Are you intimidated by the sheer size of the Jedi Council? Do you want to blend in quickly, make friends fast and avoid common rookie mistakes? Then you?ve certainly come to the right place! Here, in the Newbie Adoptions Thread, we have a collection of extremely talented and caring oldbies who are dedicated to helping you learn the ways of our beloved Jedi Council. [face_love] And once you?ve been adopted, you?ll be able to ask any question about the Jedi Council, no matter how small or silly you may think it is, to your adopter. So, come get adopted today! ;)

• Newbie Adoption Co-ordinator: If any adoption information changes or if problems arise, please notify me (MASTER_OBI-DAN ) via PM as soon as possible. :)

• Adopters/Oldbies: To adopt a Newbie, you must be a registered JCer for at least the last three months and you must have at least 400 posts to your name. Oldbies may only adopt one Newbie at a time; requests by Oldbies to adopt another Newbie will only be heard via Private Message and granted with just cause. After you have adopted a Newbie, it is recommended (but not mandatory) that you both make notation of your relationship in their signatures (E.g.: ?Adopter of User B,? and ?Adoptee of User A?). Lastly, adopters are encouraged let their adoptee progress at their own pace and to wait until their adoptee feels that they are ready to come move on and emerge from ?under your protective wing.? ;)

• Adoptees/Newbies: Newbies are encouraged to click on the names of free Oldbies and to look through their user profiles. Newbies are not restricted to selecting a free Oldbie from their continent or who shares their interests, but are encouraged to select any free Oldbie of their choice. If a Newbie finds a free Oldbie who they wish to be adopted by, they are welcome to send that Oldbie a ?Private Message.? Alternatively, if Newbies prefer, they can either wait for either an Oldbie to contact them or they can contact me via a ?Private Message? and I will pair them up with one of our extremely talented and caring Oldbies, who shares similar interests. ;)

[color=dar/>
    />/>/>
  11. lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks Stridarious. :) Now, which poor, unfortunate newbie will come along next for me to adopt... 8-}
  12. anidanami124 Jedi Master

star 6
  13. Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight

star 5
    I've left this topic for several days and things have changed so much? Oh well. 8-}
  14. Stridarious Jedi Knight

star 6

• Jedi_Learner: Is it a good change or a bad one? 8-} I just went about and changed the color schemes for the older list was still in the old banner scheme. And I know that usually the list flows along with the banner so I changed it. However, I am only updating the list to be sure that Dan is not overwhelmed upon return.
  15. Taz_Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats a rathe nice thing to do, both for him and for those of us waiting on status reports out here ;) Thanks!
  16. Stridarious Jedi Knight

star 6
    • Taz_Jinn: No problem and I find it to be tons of fun as well 8-} . I am actually enjoying this coding process, though hard at times it is quite fun!
  17. Taz_Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL... I think I'll stick to RPing in many colors for now ;) that's complex enough for me.

Oh and I've talked with Qui-Gina-Jinn and would like to adopt her.
  18. bountyhunter2999 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I have adopted MOnkey_jedi.

We have talked things over and he has accepted.
  19. Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    and I've spoken to Taz_Jinn and would be happy to be adopted by her :D
  20. Stridarious Jedi Knight

star 6

• Taz_Jinn: Oh man, come to the coded side 8-} .
    • bountyhunter2999: Okay I will add you both in the next update, to be posted later today :D .
  21. bowieslefteye Jedi Master

star 4
    its kinda wierd.........ok
  22. Stridarious Jedi Knight

star 6

• Monkey_jedi: your telling me, for I thought you wanted to be an Adopter and not the Adoptee 8-} .
  23. Melt_The_Ice Jedi Youngling

I am not quite sure about this but everyone tells me that I need to "go get myself adopted." It seems like a good way to meet and get to know people so here I am.
  24. Stridarious Jedi Knight

star 6

• Melt_The_Ice: It is a great way to not only get to meet new people, but also to become accustom to this new large area for which you may roam! :D . And trust me when I say do we have the greatest team of Oldbies just dying to adopt you ;)!
  25. bowieslefteye Jedi Master

star 4
    ok i was going to adopt some one then this guy came along and said i was to young to adopt so here i am! this is my second master!
Moderators: Skiara
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.