Newbie Adoptions v4.0

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Stridarious, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Skiara
  1. obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Co-ordinational Notepad: "New Update Week of (06/21/04)"

Well, here is the moment you have all been eagerly awaiting. I have since recieving back the list removed a few names. Mainly within the paired sections due to inactivity. Though, if the users would contact me, I would be more then happy to re-add them back on ;) .
    Newbie Adoptions List
    />
    Hello, Newbies! :D Are you feeling a bit lost? Are you intimidated by the sheer size of the Jedi Council? Do you want to blend in quickly, make friends fast and avoid common rookie mistakes? Then you have certainly come to the right place! Here, in the Newbie Adoptions [V4.0], we have a collection of extremely talented and caring Oldbies who are dedicated to helping you learn the ways of our beloved Jedi Council. [face_love] Once you?ve been adopted, you?ll be able to direct any question about the Jedi Council, no matter how small or silly, to your Adopter. So, get adopted today! ;)

• Newbie Adoption Co-ordinator: If any adoption information changes or if problems arise, please notify me (Stridarious ) via Private Message as soon as possible, and I?ll be sure that it is fixed immediately. :)

• Adopters/Oldbies: To adopt a Newbie, you must be a registered JCer for at least four months, have accumulated 500 posts minimum to your current username. Also, when applying to become an Adopter, you can choose to specify any preferences (i.e. gender, age, interests) that may aid you or the Coordinator in finding your ideal Adoptee. Oldbies may only adopt one Newbie at a time; requests by Oldbies to adopt another Newbie will only be heard via Private Message and granted with just cause. After you have adopted a Newbie, it is recommended (but not mandatory) that you both make notation of your relationship in your signatures (E.g.: ?Adopter of User B,? and ?Adoptee of User A?).

All Adopters are asked to continue to post within the Welcome New Users forum and Newbie Adoptions [V4.0] Thread to show your involvement in this program and the forum it resides within (note: this may also help you locate your potential Adoptee). All those whom have not posted within a period of two weeks in the forum and or thread will be removed from the list until further contact can be attempted. Lastly, Adopters are encouraged let their Adoptee progress at their own pace and to wait until their Adoptee feels that they are ready to move on and emerge from ?under your protective wing.? ;)

• A step-to-step guide to becoming an Adopter:

1. Make sure you meet the qualifications needed to become an Adopter.
    />/>/>
  3. Ewok15 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay! Thanks for the update Strid!
  4. PatttyB0123 RSA Latin America

Manager
    star 6
    Wow the list is here. Good job Stridarious :D
  5. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You forgot to add me to the oldies waiting to adopt list, Strid. Unless I don't fit the profile for the job, of course. Let me know.
  6. Coyote Jedi Knight

star 1
    Strid, I have decided to change my username and by the guidlines of the adoptions scheme, this account doesn't fit the criteria of an adopter, can you please talk with me about this via PM.
  7. jedi_of_darkness Jedi Master

star 3
    and I'm not on the list unless there's a wait :(

JoD
  8. ImperialMarchFace Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, I'd like to become an adopter. Sounds like fun! Please add me to the list.
  9. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Kartanym: "You forgot to add me to the oldies waiting to adopt list, Strid. Unless I don't fit the profile for the job, of course. Let me know."

No, you do. Thanks for the reminder :) . I had alot on my mind the other day, and forgot to add alot of users to the listings. I guess a bad habit, which, I need to work on. If, I am to continue this work. On the next update, rest assured that all of these mistakes will be fixed ;) .
    Coyote: "Strid, I have decided to change my username and by the guidlines of the adoptions scheme, this account doesn't fit the criteria of an adopter, can you please talk with me about this via PM."

Will do. Please give me a few minutes to post and alter the list so that it's ready for the next bunch of alterations, and I do not fall far behind on my duties. Which, should not take too long to accomplish.
    jedi_of_darkness: "and I'm not on the list unless there's a wait :( "

No, I am only awating to look through your posts as to gather all of the forums you frequent as so that I may list them for those searching Newbies! :D
    Co-ordinational Notepad: "New Adopter"

Well everyone, please give a round of applause to ImperialMarchFace, whom has agreed to sign up as an Adopter =D= . All of you elder Adopters please help IMF, if needed. Thanks again IMF for agreeing to join the team! />/>/>
  10. Ewok15 Force Ghost

star 4
    Congrats ImperialMarchFace on becoming an adopter! =D= If you have a question, you can pm me!
  11. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Co-ordinational Notepad: "Paired Users Section List Alterations"

Well, in the next update, it will be very apparent that several users have been erased from the listings. This is mainly due to the fact that they, or thier Adoptee have not logged in for a substantial amount of time. Those who do not see their names on the list, should've recieved a PM from me explaining your current situation. Please follow the directions given as to be re-added ;) .

Here is the list:
    Current Oldbie/Newbie Pairs:
    />
    1. [color=0000FF]TIEPilot051999[/color] has adopted Dark_Assassin
    2. spacelady has adopted Leias_love_slave
    3. Master_Jacen has adopted Swordmastervampire18
    4. Jedi_Satimber has adopted Sheena
    5. LaYa_ has adopted Pelly-Welly
    6. Kavic_Toth has adopted JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA
    7. hunter_ofthe_myst_ra has adopted Enelya_Sol
    8. JediANGELA has adopted allstr851
    9. [color=0000FF]DarthBabe[/color] has adopted Darth-Hawk
    10. Coyote has adopted Wicket_Warrick
    11. [color=FF0000]Amidala_Skywalker[/color] has adopted Stormtrooper_Shrink
    12. RogueSticks has adopted DarkDroid
    13. NaboosPrincess has adopted bladex2
    14. [color=FFFF
    />/>
  12. Blue_Ice-Green_Fire Jedi Master

star 4
    Reporting for posting duty! :D ;)

Figured I let you know here that all the info is correct and say thanks again :)
  13. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Blue_Ice-Green_Fire: "Figured I let you know here that all the info is correct and say thanks again :) "

Thanks for stopping by. I anticipate your help in the program in the near future ;) .
    Co-ordinational Notepad: "New Newbie Avaliable/Away"

Well, allow me to note the good thing first :p . We have a new user agreeing to join into the program as to get adopted. I have not gathered this users interests. But, I do have a username to offer instead. NeoJedi71104, asked me to find him an Adopter. So, I wished first to ask each of you if any are willing to take him on. Either way, this user will be paired. But, I wanted to see if there were any volunteers before making the final decesion :) .

Now, as for the bad news... :( Tommorrow I will be away for a great amount of time. I will be attending my families annual picnic. However, I will be back, and up to speed that night, and prayerfully ready to take on those PMs I am expecting to recieve that day ;) . Please pray for my quick and safe return home :) .

If you have any questions, you can send them to my e-mail address or have them stored in my PM inbox till I get back. Or, you can even ask those whom are elders within this program. I am most assured they'll be happy to aide you :D .

Thanks again for your time. I know I keep leaving and returning, but, hey...I'm a busy man! :p God Bless, and see you when I return! :) />
  14. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'll volunteer to adopt him.. the newbie I PMed like a week ago obviously doesn't care about the JC any more.

EDIT: Please pray for my quick and safe return home

*Prays for him* :)
  15. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    dashleebo: "I'll volunteer to adopt him.. the newbie I PMed like a week ago obviously doesn't care about the JC any more."

That's too bad :( . I'll ask him if he's interested. However, allow me first to get his interests and see if they match yours. Or, are you willing to adopt anyone? :confused:
  16. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah it sucks, has happened twice in a row.

I'll ask him if he's interested. However, allow me first to get his interests and see if they match yours. Or, are you willing to adopt anyone?

Sure, if her interests match mine a bit, then I'll be more than happy to adopt her. ;)

(I gotta go very soon)
  17. yoda-is-my-homeboy Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah, I would also be interested in adopting the new user! :)
  18. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, that's a good sign ;) . So many interested users. Now, it's time to see what she thinks :) .
  19. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to ask to be taken off the Adoptions list. I've really not had much time over the last couple weeks due to work, and the schedule's not gonna lessen any time soon :(

If I get more time available though, I'll let you know :)
  20. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey Strid, you wanna put me back on the list?

Evil.
  21. LordJoda-181 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd also be willing to adopt NeoJedi71104 if are interest are similar
  22. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Just dropping in to say hi and see if I am needed :cool:
  23. Blue_Ice-Green_Fire Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] I'm sorry, but when you mentioned a possible adoptee, Strid, I could just see the swarms in my mind. There are just so few people who want to be adopted and soak in our limitless and useless wisdom :p

I'm willing to adopt this person as well but I'll wait for the interests be posted. And...I'd like to know his/her sex because it seems to keep changing ;)
  24. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    DamonD: "I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to ask to be taken off the Adoptions list. I've really not had much time over the last couple weeks due to work, and the schedule's not gonna lessen any time soon :( "

I'm terribly sorry to see you have to leave this program. I wish you the best on performing this balancing act of RL and JC life. And, I look forward to your return to this program once that is accomplished ;) :D . Until that time, God Bless you, and thank-you for all of your gracious help, and aide to these Adoptees :) .
    Evil_King_Wiggins: "Hey Strid, you wanna put me back on the list?"

If you are feeling up to it. And willing to help out. I see no reason why I shouldn't :D . Welcome back!
    Now, as for the latest Adoptee, NeoJedi71104. This user likes the RPF, and of course SW related discussions. Anyone willing to fight over this user? :confused: As dashleebo, had offered her services prior to me posting this message ;) .

*rings a bell*

So, are you ready to rumble!!!! :p />/>
  25. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Okey dokey folks...time for a brand new adoptions thread. :D

Stridarious, the adoptions co-ordinator has started the Newbie Adoptions version 5.0, so head over there for all the latest adoptions news! :D =D=

Locking this one! ;)
Moderators: Skiara
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.