Newbie Check-In Area & Intro Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    For all of our new people to check in and introduce themselves to the Gang.

Come on in, and post you little fingers to the nub. Our group can keep you busy.

As a guideline, please try to post the following info:

Name: (First is fine, we're not formal)
    SW Related Interests: (So SIG Leader can harass you)
    Non-SW Related Interests: (So we know what other activites you might like)
    How did you get started on SW: ("Hello, My Name is Jennifer, & I've been a SW addict since I was 7. . ." - It's fun to share this one).

and a new question:
    How did you find this board?

Also, make sure you check out the RMFF Community Handbook for any other questions.

And by all means, have fun!

--I'll start here:

Name: Bill
    SW Related Interests: Costuming, propmakingand general merryment.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Is there life outside of SW? ;) J/K. :p I'm a devoted husband and father of one (almost 2). I love hiking, camping, paintball and SCUBA diving.
    How did you get started on SW: I've been a fan from day 1 when I saw it at the Cooper Cameo with my dad way back when the Cameo was there. I was hooked and have never stopped. :D

your turn. :D
  2. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well I'm certainly not new, nor am I in CO right now, but I'll post here too :D So newbies can get to know me.

Name: Sarah McGregor (Hey a girl can dream can't she ;) )
    SW Related Interests: I am a costuming freak! If you need any help in that area contact me, or I will contact you. :D
    Non-SW Related Interests: Ummm... hmmm... well I am working on joining the SCA (that's dessing up and pretending you lived a long time ago) Costuming other stuff besides Star Wars. Art, horses, web pages (learning PHP right now, but it isn't working out for me :p )
    How did you get started in SW: I had seen the movies when I was really young, my cousins liked them so of course I watched them with them. But I didn't really get in to it until my best friends in North Dakota convinced me to go see the SE. So we went and I fell in love with Han Solo ;) Then EI came out and went to see that the second week. Was pretty obsessed after that. :D
  3. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    Name: Josh

SW Related Interests: Collecting, Customizing figures, reading books & comics, watching the movies endlessly, and contemplating the mysteries of the force. :p

Non-SW Related Interests: Art, Listening to and playing music (I'm a drummer), Outdoor stuff like camping & snowboarding, watching movies, and spending time with my friends.

How did you get started on SW: I dont remember ANH in the theater (I was 3) but I'm told I was there. I do remember seeing ESB. Great memory. :)

I am a keeper of the peace, not a soldier.
  4. BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm still new kinda.

NAME: Charles

SW RELATED INTERESTS: Books, books, books. Want to get into costumes.

NON-SW RELATED INTERESTS: BMX, Music, G.I. Joe 3 3/4" figures.

HOW DID YOU GET STARTED ON SW: When I was way young a friend showed me this movie called Dune. It was great. My freind then introduced me to SW; I instantly became a SW fanatic. I always snuck over to his house to watch it, even when I was grounded or supposed to be doing my home work. The OT was the best movie experience of my life. When the SE came out i liked all of the extra footage all except Greedo shooting first. I saw Episode I the day it hit theaters in Torrington, WY. To this day I believe no other movie will ever equal ANH.
  5. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    Name: mac

SW Related Interests: most everything star wars.

Non-SW Related Interests: well other than star wars....not much. i like paintball( i got a tippman 98). i am going to try and build some foam swords.

How did you get started on SW: Well i remember watching them when i was little down at my grandparents house. my grandma was so cool. it was sci-fi time at her house. it was either star trek TNG or star wars. ah those were the days. i really got into when i got grounded from the tv one summer. my parents made the mistake of letting me go to the library an i happened to stumble across some expanded universe stuff. it was so cool and i hav been freak over it since. now i am getting into costuming. i am making a Imperial guard costume and hope to get my jedi robes done soon also.
  6. bjork_109 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Name: Rachel

SW Related Interests: Besides watching the movies numerous times - even to the point of remembering the lines, you will most often find me on the fan fiction boards. I even try my hand at a few pieces myself every once in a while.

Non-SW Related Interests: Besides school, which always seems to take a big chunk out of things, I've played violin for the past year and a half and I rollerblade whenever possible. Other than that I try to keep myself, friends and family out of the E.R...I swear they know us by name there...

How did you get started on SW: This is another place where I show my youth in the Star Wars universe. I somehow got to a showing of Episode II on it's third day playing; it only took that one movie, seen once to get me hooked. After that it was all just a blur. I found myself watching and buying any Star Wars related item. And here I am today. :)

Edit: Grrr...typos. :(
  7. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I feel all left out...

Name: Cory

SW related Interest(s): propmaking (well, just sabers).

Non-SW related Interest(s): Acting, Mixed Martial Arts (ie Ultimate Fighting Championship, PRIDE FC, etc.), reading, writing, sci-fi/fantasy, movies, web design/graphics, and some other stuff.

How I got started into SW: A guy in my keyboarding class my freshman year had these books with him all the time called Young Jedi Knights...they looked cool, so I asked to read one. He let me borrow it, and I loved it (they're not so great looking at them now, but back then it was a little different). I read the whole series, bought the trilogy, and started reading the EU books. Now that guy in typing class is one of my 3 best friends.

Then I got into other stuff later in high school and was just a casual fan of SW...not really into reading the EU anymore...then I went into the USAF and got stationed in the Springs. And found these boards and all the nerds here brought me back to full nerd status...I even dressed up as a Jedi one time ;)
  8. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    oh, yeah, I'm also the profile nazi...so if yours isn't filled out...DO IT!!!

:D
  9. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    i'm a newbie! [face_mischief]
    well, i've been gone so long i'm almost one....

Name: skelet- uh, ninja- oh...um, lord of- no wait, uh, ben. ya.....
    SW Related Interests: the movies, duh... ;) also props, costuming, graphics.
    Non-SW Related Interests: computers, video games, guitars, music, marine girls [face_love]
    How did you get started on SW: my mom used to take my brothers and i to my grandmother's house where she'd put us up in this room where we'd be forced to watch movies. of course star wars was the coolest thing they had so we watched it over and over. i guess i was brainwashed...... :eek:

10. BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmmmm. Marine girls; now that's something to ponder.
  11. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "marine girls"

I've seen LOTS of marine girls that made me wonder if they really were (girls). But yesterday I was walking out of the Post office on base and I saw one of those 6pt hats walkin my way...then looked up at me...wow...got a smile and a hi and I was happy for the rest of the day. I couldn't believe I saw that face under a Marines hat, lol. (now I'm sure I'll get flamed for my sexist post, but so be it...that girl was beautiful!)
  12. Miccu_Resea Jedi Master

star 4
    guess everyone is doing this, so ill join the crowd... :p

Name: Mike (and for those at my first meeting... Mike 3 :D )
    SW Related Interests: Literature and role playing (stories, not games)
    Non-SW Related Interests: Soccer (the REAL fútbol) :p and basketball
    How did you get started on SW: IT was Sarah, i told you...Sarah!!!!

Actually i loved the movies once i first saw them and have been hooked ever since. :)
  13. PadmeSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm only slightly new, but what the hey?

Name: Sarah, but I go by PS
    SW interests: I write fanfic, read fanfic and hang out with ya'll
    Non-SW: Ice skating, flying, basketball and oh yeah, High School (the highlight of my day)

How'd I get interested: It's in my bio, but basically my parents dragged me to the special eddition reshowing of ANH. I hated it, but after I saw ESB I fell in love. Sorta weird, but hey!
  14. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  15. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Another Sarah!!! Uh oh, I hope we aren't going to get into the Sarah 1 Sarah 2 thing like what happened with the Mikes ;)
  16. BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Knight

star 3
    Why doesn't everyone just pitch in? That way everyone gets to know everyone.
  17. BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Knight

star 3
  18. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    :

Name: jeff
    SW Related Interests: (collecting , costuming and props , books! , games (mostly video)
    Non-SW Related Interests: (music)
    How did you get started on SW: my parants say i loved it when i first saw it at the drive in when i was 3 yrs old . then when i was 6 or so my dad bought me and my older brother a hoth han solo . my mom fuled the fire until she couldnd find the toys any more .
  19. more_banthafodder Jedi Knight

Name: Shawn
    SW Related Interests: books, figures (neo & vintage), philosophy of the force, studying the movies, want to start costuming
    Non-SW Related Interests: lots of movies, weekend trips, .....
    How did you get started on SW: My father took me to ESB and jedi as a kid, but i really didn't into the books and really collecting until late highschool. But it's been worth every second since then!
    p.s. this is my first post.
  20. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    Welcome Banthafodder!!!!!

Good to see ya.
  21. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    movies? did you say movies? another movie guy?! welcome you are my friend!

edit: AND FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!!!!
  22. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    welcome, MBF!
    What part of Co. are you in?
    how did you find the board?
  23. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Glad to have you w/ us MBF!!!
  24. BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Knight

star 3
    Does this mean that there is going to be another Sith or another Jedi?
  25. Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Master

star 4
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.