main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Check-In Area & Intro Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    That's okay, because everyone calls me ZOO anyway. And I think the other one prefers Zippy now ;)

Welcome aboard! And 3 Jennifers is nothing. I had 28 in my graduating class :eek: Never answered when someone yelled any variation of Jennifer (of course last name of Peterson did not help that process either).

Check out the handbook to get a gist of what we do, take a look around and make yourself to home!

StarFest is the big Con here in Denver, and it's happening in 2 weeks! :eek: You can get details on the Con here.

I'm your friendly neighborhood CR, and I'm here to help, collaborate, scheme (Ooops, that will come later [face_blush] ) and generally provide a fun environment for the Colorado folks to talk, plan events and basically enjoy themselves through our mutual love for SW.

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Welcome aboard, LC...or should I say....JEN(3).....FLOL!!!!!

3. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    Hello! all the newbies!

toodles

4. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Wow, I haven't checked in here in awhile. Lots and lots of newbies!!!! Welcome to everyone........

5. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    hi LadyCallista , welcome !

6. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    The funny thing is, i'm one of the Michael's and around the end of high school, start of college, I dated 4 Jennifer's in a row, i've sworn off them since :)

Welcome to all the Newbies!!!!

It's great to see all the fresh blood right before StarFest.

Anyone know where the influx is coming from?

7. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I dont know, but im happy it made a little splash down in pueblo :D

8. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Looks like we might need to come up with a movies/filmmaking special interest group before too awful long :D

9. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Welcome to all the newbies I have yet to say welcome to!

10. LadyCallista

LadyCallista Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2003
    aww, thankies guys! :D

You all can call me Cal if you want :) I go by that on several different boards. I'll have to see what plans are for that weekend...the Starfest looks fun! :)

It's really interesting to see a board for a group in Denver...I'm from a podunk little town in Wyoming, so this is all new.

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    ahh. little wyoming town, that is sarahs department 8-} well i hope you cna make it to starfest.

12. Swomz

Swomz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    welcome everyone that has joined in the past several months that I haven't already welcomed.

13. goblindork

goblindork Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2003
    wow I am inpressed
    here i thought when i got back from school i wouldn't have a bord to post on. go to school in AC ( atlantic canada) and my buds up here got me started on this hole thing
    *slugges the evil darth taiter and his sister*

any way i am from a buffalo WY. so yeah not home yet but will be soon.

can't wait to get away from the salty humidity and see some real mountains again.
    stupid hill are startiing to get on my nerves.

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Actually, there's a whole group up in Laramie too (though I think this summer they will be scattering to the winds, but some are still in WYO)

However, you are always welcome to hnag out w/ us!

15. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    WELCOME ABOARD, GD!!!!!

16. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
  17. Plo-Koon50

Plo-Koon50 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2003
    Hello!

My name is Jason. I met several Fan Force members at this years Star Fest and was impressed with their dress as well as their performance. After talking with them I became interested in joining. So heres my info:

Name: Jason
    SW Interest: Light Sabers, Droids, the Ships
    Non-SW: RPG's, Computers, Game Systems, Model building, group games, card games, Horseback Riding, Camping, etc.

I got into Star Wars when I was young, I remember it coming on the T.V. on special weekends and I would alwasy watch it with my dad, ever since then I've been hooked on SW and I try to get involved with anything that has to do with it. This is the first actual club I've tried to get involved with and I consider myself fortunate to find it.

Obi-Wannabe actuallly helped me find this board in addition to the Fan Force members at Star Fest.

If anybody could please get a hold of me to let me know what I need to do to join, you can get back to me at Morpheus5083@msn.com

Thanks,
    Jason

18. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    hey jason glad to see you made it. im one of those you met at the table and at the panel too if im not getting you and someone else confused.

with posting, you have joined. glad you are here.

19. Plo-Koon50

Apr 28, 2003
    Yeah,

I was sitting with the 2 guys that had the Star Trek uniforms on, and I was in the Lightsaber class, with the "scottish" woman. So am I going to recieve all news throught the website?

20. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    some stuff comes out of there, but not much. its mostly on the boards that we do everything. and everything is planned.

21. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey Jason! Glad you made it. I'm the leader of this lunatic asylum, and I believe we chatted just before the ettiquette class.

Posting here is all it takes to join! You can sign up on the website to get the newsletter, which I swear will start up again this month [face_blush]

And that camping interest will come in handy this summer. We are planning a Southwest Regional Camping Trip for the first weekend in August. 40-50+ SW Geeks taking over a piece of property in Alamosa, CO for a weekend... Make sure to leave your bail money w/ someone reliable ;)

22. Plo-Koon50

Apr 28, 2003
    Right On!

Cool, I can't wait to get to know you guys, and girls, better. It's great to find so many people with the same great interest.

23. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    A good place to start would be the X2 gathering on Friday :)

24. Plo-Koon50

Apr 28, 2003
    X-Men 2 eigh...

Sounds good what time and what theater is everybody gonna meet? Also, my buddy who was sitting with me wants to join as well. After he makes a login and what not, he's ok to come too right?

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    We take all kinds ;)

7:45PM Friday May 2nd - Westminster Promenade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.