main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Here... Anyone in Cornwall?

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by ThePrivateUniverse, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePrivateUniverse

ThePrivateUniverse Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2000
    Hi

Not been here for ages... so I am a newbie again.

I am Pete from way down in darkest Cornwall, and other than a couple of SW friends I know of nobody down here who is a SW fan... are there any SW fans on here based in Cornwall?

Love to get more involved here...

Pete

2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Ewok-Kenobi is, I know. When Maat's around, I think she's in Devon, as is Laura (LadyPoison, when she's not swanning off up north :p ).

Other than that, I don't think we've had any from that neck of the woods in a long time :p

3. JosephLamda

JosephLamda Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2006
    Hi there Pete
    Im Joseph 20 from Callington in Cornwall. I would love to chat with you about Star Wars, add me on thedisneydame@msn.com please feel welcome.
    My best friend Rob and I are big (me literally) SW Fans. I live in london for 30 weeks of the year but spend Christmas Spring and Summer holidays down yer. So Add me on msn.

and all the best

Joseph

4. LadyPoison

LadyPoison Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    Devon? Don't throw around accusations like that, i'm 100% Somerset i'll have you know :p Not aaall that far from the border though I think, hmm not sure where the border is actually, i'm near Dorset though if that counts :confused: I do go wandering in Cornwall occassionally though, so if there's a cornwall meet sometime count me in :D

5. Dar_manda

Dar_manda Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2007
    I currently reside in South Devon.

6. ThePrivateUniverse

Sep 1, 2000
    Hi all

Thanks for replying to me, good to know I am not alone down here. If anyone wants to help me as I am going to create a Devon and Cornwall Sci Fi group for meet ups etc, and would appreciate some help in spreading the word out. I am going to start doing some local publicity for it, watch for me. I hope to put together a local event too, with guests etc.

I'll be intouch direct to you Joseph for a natter mate...

There must be more South West SW fans?

Pete

7. Dar_manda

Dar_manda Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2007
    I'd be up for that. I don't know many folks here that are in to SW.

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    If you are looking at starting a SW chapter, then that's great news. But it seems as though you are wanting to start up a separate group, not a FanForce group. If that's the case, then using our boards to scout out members is a bit cheeky ;)

But if you want to have a FF chapter, then there's stuff we can do to help with that.

9. ThePrivateUniverse

Sep 1, 2000
    Hi

I don't want to try and take anyone away from here, so sorry if that is how it appears. I want to start a real world group who share a Sci-Fi interest, and as FF is SW I didn't think it could be done here, but if it can then I am happy to do that. Please LMK how to go about it.

Sorry for any misunderstandings...

Pete

10. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Cool!

There's absolutely no problem with FF being more than just SW, especially here in the UK. It's something we've talked about before. On the regional discussion board we talk about all sorts of sci-fi. BSG, Dr Who etc.

(Oh, and in my last post, SW was meant to stand for South West, not Star Wars. My bad!)

The conventions that FF attend are often general Sci-fi stuff, and it would be great to expand the FF to all sorts of things. The idea is that we're a bunch of people with similar interests who like getting together for all sorts of reasons, whether it be going to conventions, or just hanging out with a meet in a park, or bowling, or just at someone's house for a games evening.

This sounds like what you are also hoping to do, so it would be great if we could work together!

11. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I wouldn't mind if you started a Cornwall/Devon chapter either. It wouldn't take many members away from us, and we never really pay attention to that area anyway.

12. LadyPoison

LadyPoison Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006

Well how about we start paying more attention to that area :p Let's have a Devon/Cornwall meet :D

13. ThePrivateUniverse

Sep 1, 2000
    I have no objection to starting a south west chapter, if nobody else wants to do it? Not sure what I have to do though...

As for a local meet, try the Plymouth Sci-Fi day at Frankfurt Gate on 19th July between 11 and 3pm. I will be there, and some of the KOTE members as well as local Dr Who group and more... could be fun. LMK if anyone wants to go and we'll arrange to meet up.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.