main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie here, hello there!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MasterVonbee, Jan 30, 2013.

1. MasterVonbee

MasterVonbee Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2013
    Just signed up and ready for business!

Long time fan, I genuinely freak out a little when people tell me they haven't seen Star Wars. Though this might be my older brothers fault as had me watching the original trilogy on video before I could walk or talk.

Big sci-fi in general but rediscovered my love of Star Wars thanks to the fabulous Clone Wars series. I'm planning to go to the Celebration Europe this year. I've done Doctor Who & Star Trek conventions but I want to see how these things are done properly ;)

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Welcome! If you're going to CEII be sure to keep up with the news in our Celebration forum!

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    MasterVonbee: Failte Nua Duine. Welcome aboard. I am the WNUville illwill ambassador. Look around, get involved, have fun, and if you happen upon any vexing issues or problems, use this thread as your tech support. I see you love hugging Daleks, too. We have a massive Clone Wars discussion going on in our Television section. Definitely check that out. But, we have a lot going on, so check out everywhere else, too.

4. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Welcome! I'm relatively new as well, though I've trolled here on and off for some time, and used to post way back when (2000ish).

Love the avatar! :)

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Zane the Reaper: Same thing I said above applies to you as well... aside from hugging Daleks and starting in our Clone Wars section... unless you also really, really enjoy Clone wars and snuggling with Daleks...

Zane the Reaper likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Vonbee - be sure to check out our Doctor Who thread while you're here!

7. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Many thanks for the welcome, friend. Awesome screen name.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Any time. And, thanks... I attempt to live up to it.

9. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Welcome! I'm new too. Check out ALL the forums, because it is easy to get in a rut in just one. Have fun!

10. MasterVonbee

Jan 30, 2013
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I shall check all the forums out and see what fits best :)

Pearlsaber likes this.
  11. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome MasterVonbee! :)

You are going to CE II? Pretty cool! Maybe we'll meet there then - or at the FanForce party (in case there's one). Where are you from? Which country I mean? :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

12. MasterVonbee

Jan 30, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome Skiara!

I'm from the north-west of England, live near Manchester. I'll going to CE II on my own so it'll be great if people here are meeting up :)

13. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
  14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Then you should check out FanForce UK (and the Celebration board, of course). Laj (first post) is from the UK as well. I just don't from where exactly. But there you'll find other people fromy your area easily. :)

15. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Welcome...
    "I have been expecting you." - Palpatine
    "Hello, there." - Obi-Wan