main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie here . . .

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by cheapLEY, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheapLEY

cheapLEY Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2009
    I guess I'll just post up a little background information on myself.

I'm a twenty year old college student. I've been a Star Wars fan since I was a kid.

I hear people talk about the two different generations of Star Wars fans; those that grew up with the first trilogy, and those that grew up with the second. Well I fall almost exactly in between.

I loved the original trilogy as a kid, but I was still young enough when the Phantom Menace came out that I was just fascinated by the lightsabers and blasters. As a kid I read the Jedi Apprentice books (and actually read them all again a few months ago when I was bored), but I've never read any of the other EU books.

I recently started watching the 3D Clone Wars series, and am pretty impressed for the most part. I'm about halfway through season one, at the moment.

I love Knights of the Old Republic, and am still hoping for a new one to be made (Not the MMO one). Of all things Star Wars that I have experienced, I think KotOR pulled me in the most; it just sucked me in with it's atmosphere. I think the Old Republic is probably my favorite era of Star Wars, when the Jedi Order was at it's peak.

Basically, I love all thing Star Wars, and although I had basically forgotten about Star Wars for awhile, recently I just got a craving. It was enough to make me buy The Force Unleashed, which I actually thought was decent. Fun, anyway.

Post was a bit longer than I expected, and is really basically just me reminiscing about Star Wars. I hope to stick around, maybe have some new material that I haven't experienced pointed out to me.

Edit: Locking because of being upped, although it's an old introduction thread. Feel free to ask me (Skiara) to get it unlocked again. :)

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Welcome to the JC cheapLEY! :)

There are many different forums here on the JC... if video games are your thing, you can go here. (TFU was a good game, I haven't gotten very far myself. :))

If you like to talk about the Classic Trilogy, you can check out the forums here.

Or if the Prequel Trilogy is more your thing, you can head here.

You mentioned that you like the Star Wars books, so you can talk about the Expanded Universe here.

Or if you like to read fan made stories, here is a link to all of the Fan Fiction forums.

If you want to not talk about Star Wars and goof off, visit the Your Jedi Council Community forum here. (Warning! Don't mention Star Wars! ;))

Or you could always hang out here in the Welcome New Users forum. :)

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome cheapLey! :)

You're interested in tons of stuff! That's pretty cool! :D
    I suggest to visit all the links that you can find in the post above, since those might be really interesting places for you. :)

Maybe there are two groups of fan or better I think you're right, but I haven't seen real 'group' discussion here so far. On the one hand because we all love SW and we can talk about it for ages and on the other hand I'm not often in CT, PT or SWC (Classic Trilogy, Prequel Trilogy, Star Wars Community), where those talks might come up. So if you want to speak about your group theory, I suggest to visit SWC and ask one of the SWC mods, if there's a thread about it already. :)

Like you can ask Mods about topics/threads, you're always welcome to ask here in WNU, me or any other mod, if you need help. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

4. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Hey cheapLEY,

Welcome to the forums!

If you're a writer and want to play around in the Galaxy Far Far Away, consider visiting the JC's Role Playing Forums. We're a vibrant little community that have all sorts of tips on playing, and a Non-Star Wars wing if you want to explore other fandoms.

If you think you might be interested, and you have any questions, give me a call. A lot of us are also college students, so you would fit right in!

Best,
    -I_H

5. MasterMonkey13

MasterMonkey13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 19, 2008

I totally agree with you there! I hope for a KOTOR 3. Especially since the ending to the second one was so terrible. I mean, I couldn't really figure out what happened. I think the Exile lived...but I can't tell for sure. (In case you were wondering, I blacked out the words cause they could be considered a spoiler).

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Welcome to the forums! :D

7. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    [image=http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/ecm07e/MEATBALLZ.jpg]

velcome to da forums, cheapLEY :D

8. Zibrahimovic810

Zibrahimovic810 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2009
    Welcome, cheapLEY! Hope you have a great time!

9. LatiJediLukeAndLeia

LatiJediLukeAndLeia Jedi Knight

Jan 18, 2009
    Hello and welcome to theforce.net.

10. Asturas

Asturas Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2009
    Welcome to the boards!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.