main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Idea for an AU Fic ( Has it been done before?)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Jun 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I'm wondering if someone has already done this, but I'm interested in beginning a fic which takes place in the Prequal Era. Of course it would have to have Ani/Ami Romance and mush even possibly Obi/ Sabe, but what would happen if instead of the Clone Wars breaking wide open that a darker menace threatened the very existence of the galaxy. What if the Yuuzhan Vong had not waited so long but instead began thier hostilities in the prequal era. What effects would it have on our young lovers ect... If anyone thinks this is a worthy idea please let me know.

I'm a newbie and a little rough around the edges when it comes to posting and stuff. Its been a while since I have taken a task like this on. I would love any feedback you could give me.

Thank you!

2. Vagrant_Jedi

Vagrant_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    I would love to see Mace slice off then hand the Yuuhzan Vong thier genitilia.

I'm not sure if it's been done before, but the none Ani/Ami smut occurs every once in a galatic civil war so I'd wager not. Sounds cool, go for it.

P.S. For clarification purposes the Ani/Ami smut I refer to is the stuff that only concentrates on the romance and pretends the rest of the universe stands still (some people need a rude awakening, Death Star anyone?).

That Obi/Sabe thing is intresting...

3. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, I have heard of such a story which basically twisted around history and based their plotline on 'What if the Vong invaded in the Prequel era?' However, I never saw it get off the ground. There's a fair chance that this is a pretty fresh idea. I say go for it, nothing can stop you. Personally, I'd like to read it.

Good Luck,

Am [face_love]

4. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I'm with Am, I'd like to see it as well. It holds very interesting possibilities... :D

*SB*

5. JM-Anakin-Solo

JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I think it would be cool. I just have one piece of advice. Write a few chapters before you start posting to make sure it is something you are going to enjoy and be able to write easily. Also that will make it easier to keep updating if you can slowly release already written chapters while you work on new ones. And the final advantage is that if you post frequently at first you can get your readers hooked and they will demand that you post and update and you wont be allowed to fall behind. Trust me on this... If they like your story they will make you update. ;) :D :D

6. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    ok. Before I get to involved in this I would like to know what you think of the following. It is a short opening post and feed back is welcome. If you think this sounds interesting thenlet me know. I will probably start writing it this weekend if the opening scene seems ok.

Disclaimer: All Characters belong to George Lucas. He gets paid for them I do not. Reference to Yuuzhan Vong and other proprieties in the Books belong to the authors and copyrights that own them. Again I?m not getting paid for this!

This is a prequel era AU. Ani/Ami and Obi/Sabe romance and mush will be involved. If you don?t like it then I?m sorry, but this will also have a lot of action in it also.

Force Unseen

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away?.

It is a time of rebirth for the Republic. After much investigation the Jedi have uncovered the mystery behind the growing threat of the separatists and they?re plot to divide the Republic. Count Dooku one of the lost 20 has been defeated, but the Sith Master still remains in the shadows, clouding the search for him by the Jedi.
    Now as the Republic is molded once again into what it once stood for. The Senate has approved a proposal for the creation of a peacekeeping force. Military in nature, this new force would aide the Jedi in keeping peace throughout the galaxy.
    Now the Jedi, looked upon with contempt in the recent past have set about to make change in the Order. Forbidden no longer. Attachment and love are now slowly being accepted in the order?

Chapter 1

Peering through the viewing lens at a vast array of stars. He felt the hunger within himself, the hunger to serve his gods. Blackness encompassed his face, under the scars, tattoos and mutilations. His form was enhanced by the armor he wore, armor that added strength of its own muscle to his. He had received his charge from Yun-Yuuzhan, the creator god. They must die for their heresy. All of them. This campaign would bring many sacrifices for the gods and also slaves to serve the Vong.
    Smoothing his fingers along the vilip until he had reached just the correct spot. ?Tsavong Lah, ensure the worldships are ready. Soon we will announce ourselves to those who corrupt this galaxy! Soon the gods will be pleased!?
    ? Yes, Warmaster. I will see that all is prepared. What of these Jeedai, which our spies have informed us of?? Lah replied.
    ? It is of no concern at the moment. Now ensure everything is prepared!? the Warmaster bellowed. ? We shall attack in two days.?
    Warmaster Czulkang Lah turned from the vilip and strode through his worldship to his quarters. Vong warriors looked toward him throughout the ship as he took deep strides. The warriors reveled at how the gods looked upon him with much delight. Yes he thought to himself the gods certainly did favor him. With that thought the door to his quarters opened and closed behind him as he entered. The plans for the invasion were final?

7. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Your style shows great promise. I believe you could expand here and there, add some additional description, etc. Are you in need of a beta-reader? Other than that, I commend you.

Am [face_love]

8. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
  9. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm not much of an EU fan, so I'll probably avoid this. :p However, I think the idea is fresh, though the Ami/Ani and Obi/Sabe romance is killed to death here.

Good luck in making that stuff fresh, too though!

10. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Sounds good, good luck!

*SB*

11. Vagrant_Jedi

Vagrant_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    I agree with Am, it could stand some definate fleshing out. Other then that it was pretty good.

12. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    bumping this up so more people can see it

13. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Hey, do you want me to find you a list of cool charecters that get killed in the clone wars and therefor are around to kick Vong but?

Also, what does the military thing consist of?

14. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    italicized text

THIS IS A TEST

15. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    ok now I know how to use italics.

If you can find a list like that and it won't cause to much trouble then yes. please post it here.

16. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    I'll do my best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neeja halcyon.
    Jedi.
    Corran Horns Grand father.
    Cant use tk, is wicked at nrg absorbation and mind control.
    saber= white.
    best friend= Rostek Horn, Ylenic It'kla
    Son = Valin Halcyon
    Jedfi robes= green + black.
    Works with Corsec.

Do you have excel?

that way, i could do a table and email it to u

17. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
  18. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I'll beta for you, if you'd like. Emmi has some spare time this summer!

19. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Thanks for all the help with this.

Am has saved me by adopting me as a padawan. Thanks again Am!

Yes I have excel.

Emmi I'd love it if you could also do beta for me since you have been so kind to offer.

I currently working on it now so as soon as I get some more written I'll send it to both you and Am.

20. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    ::waves at Am::

Am, how do we get mixed up in these things together? I had NO IDEA you were her Master now!!!! ;)

Am is MY beta-reader (hopefully I'll be as good as her) and no one could train you better. ;)

21. triggerfinger

triggerfinger Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    dont think its been done before

22. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    *laughs* It would seem I'm everybody?s beta-reader! I'd swear you were following me around, Emmi. We're becoming a team everywhere we go. You flatter me, sweetie.

In any case, I'm delighted to help Berg. I'll look over what you sent me at the present time.

Love, Am [face_love]

23. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I swear I am not following you! ;)

24. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    as long as there is no obi/sabe in your fic i'll read it.

obi and Sabe don't seem to go together.

25. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Name: Ylenic It'kla
    Lightsaber color: Red/Gold
    Robes: Purple
    Species: Caamasi
    World of Origin: Caamas, later lived on Aldaraan until its destruction
    Fur/Hair: Gold with purple markings.
    Elegos's uncle
    friend of Neeja Halcyon