main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Newbie In Town

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by red_rose, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red_rose

red_rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Just wanted to drop a note to say hello! My husband and I are new in town having recently moved from Athens, GA. I've been a member of the Hothlanta Rebels for three years and I was glad to see there was a Fanforce group on Oahu. I'm also looking for anyone who wants to see EPIII again and what would be the best theater to see it in.
    Rose

2. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Rose,

Welcome to Hawai'i! Please convey my best regards to your husband as well.

I have recently started the organization "Rebel Legion Hawai'i", our local branch of the international costuming group. I have pix up on our website http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com. So far, I have pix taken at Celebration III up on the site but hope to have much more than that as time goes on.

Watch ROTS again? Dole Cannery Theatres is my best recommendation since they are the only licensed THX theatre on the island, as far as I know. There's also Ward Theatres, a popular spot. Personally, I have a fondness for the Pearlridge multiplex. As a local guy, born & raised, I just find it nice & comfortable. Convenient! So many places to eat & shop outside the theatre AND Toys 'R' Us is just a walk away. I'd love to go see Episode III again in the theatre but would have to fit such an outing around my work schedule. If you & your husband need the extra company, let me know!

Also, if you are interested in costuming here in Hawai'i, please let me know. Our new Rebel group here needs all the new help we can get. You can e-mail me via rebels@rebellegionhawaii.com .

If you or your husband prefer to walk on the Dark Side, the Pacific Outpost (Hawaii's 501st group) is quite active. http://www.pac501.com

Again, welcome to Hawai'i. Always good to meet fellow Star Wars fans.

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with you.

Jay Tee

3. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    We're such a small group here, we usually join up with the 501st for their costumed appearances. Most folks here work unique duty schedules, as some are parttime students, retail, and so forth. We'll hafta poll here as to when we can get together. :D

4. red_rose

red_rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    macnut and JayTee: Thanks for such a warm welcome!
    Right now our schedule is basically my schedule as I work 9 to 5 at UH. My husband is in the process of looking for something either fulltime or part-time. Whenever you guys get together, we'll be excited to come and meet other SW fans.
    JayTee we'd love to see ROTS with another fan. Just pm me when you're available to go. Right now evenings and weekends are the best times for us. We're also going to see the Fantastic 4 when it comes out if anyone else is interested.
    Rose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.