Victoria. BC newbie in Victoria

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Vills-Kavic, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vills-Kavic Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello all...

I just registered myself. I will be attempting to find my feet for the next little while here. I see camping... I LOVE camping! I'll be checking back soon.

Vills
  2. Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hehehe...excellent...soon my army of newbies will march forth and....oh wait...outside voice again. Umm...pretend you didn't read this.

3. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    Too late, Al. :)

Welcome to Victory Base, Vills-Kavic!

We just had a meeting just over a week ago where a lot of different activities were discussed, and members were assigned to research info about those activities. As they get info on things like horseback riding, lasertag, camping, paintball, RPGs, etc., they'll be reporting their findings back here on the forums, so keep your eyes peeled! :)

You'll notice our members for the most part are pretty informal and laid back around here, so feel free to post in any threads that interest you, or start new ones, if you wish. Also feel free to "Private Message" (PM) myself or _Derisa_Ollamhin_ our chapter's Communications Officer, or for that matter any of our local members you see posting here if you have any questions about Victory Base. Crazy Mike and YoungJediNiagara are also available to answer any questions you might have about FanForce Canada, or FanForce in general.

We look forward to reading more about you, and meeting you in person in the near future!

- Rani

4. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Hi Vills, It is nice to meet you :)
  5. Vills-Kavic Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just a question- when was Victory Base started? Where was the first FanForce in Canada set up?

Hmmm... I wish I had foreseen $1 Phantom Menace toys when I was shelling out $11 a piece for them three years ago! *sigh*

- Vills
  6. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I believe that Victoria was set up in March 2002. The first boards in Canada were Montreal and Toronto Dec 2000.
  7. Vills-Kavic Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the fast reply Mike. Looks like I'm not the only one who's home on Mondays!

I guess I haven't missed too much back history, seeing as Victory Base has been around for roughly a year...

- Vills
  8. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Actually I am at work and have a high speed connection !!!
  9. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, Mike, you're mistaken.

Victory Base became an official chapter April 13th, 2002.

We've had events ranging from the Ep.II line-up and helping Tipoca City at the IMAX opening of AOTC in Vancouver, to swinging lightsabres in the park and "bowling for Jedi". :)

The majority of our membership don't use these forums, so we have an e-mail contact list and phone list to coordinate most of our events and meetings. If you send us your contact info, we'll make sure you know of upcoming happenings.

Looking forward to meeting you,

- Rani
  10. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome to the Base, Vills! I hear ya about the toys, I'd give anything for a Qui-Gon and an Obi-Wan from those runs.

Which toys do you have? (You should post the answer to that in the Toys thread, but hey...;) )

*Derisa*
  11. Gesh_Bomil Jedi Knight

star 1
    They're still available in Vancouver, plus Yellowjacket in downtown Victoria. I have a bunch of places to go to if you still want them Derisa? Welcome to the area Vills-Kavic. I'm away right now but i'm sure to meet you in the future.

Gesh
  12. Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hiya! I haven't really had a chance to be online since I notice your post and I see lots have gotten here ahead of me but still, Hi!

I am the weird foxy one, who revels in insanity. No, it's not nearly as bad as it sounds, really I'm nice. Can't wait to see you at one of our events!

The Fox
  13. Vills-Kavic Jedi Knight

star 1
    You know Derisa, you just opened the Pandora's Box by asking me what toys I have.... :)

I try to collect the original trilogy, but that doesn't limit me... I would be able to list everything, if there wasn't a box stowed away in the attic with tonnes of great Epi IV figures! But from the original trilogy I can remember having:

Epi IV: Greedo, power droid, Chewbacca, 2 Tuskens (what does a girl have to do to get the full accessories???), Death Star commander, Quarren, Obi-Wan, and a Luke.

Epi V: Bespin Leia, Lando, Han, snowtrooper, 3PO and Yoda

Epi VI:Logray, Wicket, biketrooper, Han, Luke, Mon Mothma

Other larger toys from Epi IV-VI: cloudcar, AT-ST, AT-AT, Rancor, Max Rebo's band (Max Rebo, Sy Snootles, Droopy McCool, and the coolest organ ever made)

rereleased around 1998: Hoth Luke, Obi-Wan, Greedo, Bossk, Yoda, Logray, Wicket, and (embarassed to say) anonymous Cantina Alien.

Epi I figures: I have the Hasbro figure line from '99, with the exception of the destroyer droid, Yoda, and a Padawan Anakin. But everything else is there, with the addition of Sebulba.

Epi I toys: preview STAP and droid, kaadu (with yet another Jar Jar), and opee sea killer (with Qui-Gon)

So... have you regretted asking yet? :D

And I'm always looking for more. I missed the annual Toy Show this year, much to my dismay... normally that's where to find the best trilogy toys, though I found my AT-AT and Rancor at Legends Comics. Are you interested as well? Yellowjacket has a great selection of Star Wars figures, both new and old. Though I'm not sure if I've seen a Qui-Gon there for a while now. Well, does that answer your question? What do you like?

- Vills
  14. Vills-Kavic Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh yes, and I can't forget the stupidly expensive "rare" Darth Maul! You can tell a fan when...

- Vills
  15. Vills-Kavic Jedi Knight

star 1
    And I forgot the Millenium Falcon... Honestly, this is my last post!

- Vills
  16. Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    This is where I gently guide you to the Edit Post button....It does wonders for typos and forgotten info.
  17. Vills-Kavic Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the tip Alakin...

I didn't factor that in at the time! :)

- Vills
  18. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Always good to meet a collector :)
  19. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Mike, you have to say things like that in Jango Fett's voice!

Like this: [Jango] Always good to meet a Jedi[/Jango]

It adds a sinister edge. :)

So reassure me, Vills, they are out of the packaging, right? we can do some dioramas and stop-motion films with them, right? Right? :)

*Derisa*
  20. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
  21. Vills-Kavic Jedi Knight

star 1
    Never fear Derisa, AND Mike for that matter...

My toys are free and as naked as they can be... :p My older toys are not originally mine so that packaging is who knows where! Besides, they're TOYS. Not untouchable art pieces. What's the fun in that? And this way they can be played with, and lose their chin guns, and lose their landing feet, and... *sigh*

Ooh ooh, dioramas and stop motion???? I would love for them to get some screen time. :D And I am always on the look for more... for example, I am sadly lacking a Wampa, and a tauntaun.

This is a question for anyone who wants to reply, what do YOU collect? (oh yes, I also have some ancient trading cards from the original back in '79)

- Vills
  22. Qui-Dawn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have a friend who's done a very short stop-motion piece featuring some of the stuffed gryphons she's famed for creating, around our circles; as I recall, it also involves a little stuffed mouse and a block of cheese, and a little ceramic or wooden bird....it really is a very cute little piece of film, for being a purely experimental piece as she intended it from the start. I've already dropped a few hints with her that, should she be doing another one soon - though she says she wants to finish up some paintings first, but irregardless - she does know that I've a few figures of my own that I'd like to see in a stop-motion piece. It *can* work very well, and although an exacting and intensive process naturally requiring great patience - the end result, as I have seen, can also be incredibly adorable and enchanting.

Besides, I would very much like to see my Qui, Obi, and Ani figures involved in a project like that. And personally, I find the idea of them and a stuffed gryphon in a little stop-motion short rather hilarious....

Dawn.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.