main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Newbie inquiry...assistance needed...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MasterKeyan, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Greetings to all my new friends and neighbors, I am Master Keyan Flamecloud, formerly of Montana. I am new to Albany, Oregon, and am looking for fellow convention goers, prop-makers, costumers, live-action role players, etc. My wife and I moved to Oregon a bit over a month ago, and so far LOVING IT!!! The people here have been the nicest and most helpful we've seen in some time. I have been in the works of attempting to develop a live combat scenario role playing group, similar to the SCA, (used to belong...found the Jedi lifestyle was WAYYYY more rewarding!!!), but with no political drag. I apologize if this was not the correct forum for the "Newbie" intro, but I felt this was the wisest starting place. Please feel free to PM me, or email me at the following: hollingsworth12345@msn.com We are eager to make new friends and keep the Star Wars dream alive and right out in front. Several conventions are coming soon, and we would LOVE to set up a group, fully outfitted and caravanned to these events...I eagerly await your responses, and look forward to meeting you all!!! MTFBWY

Sincerely,

Master Keyan Flamecloud
    Guardian of Peace and Justice
    m.k.a.: Mike Hollingsworth

2. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Hi Mike and welcome to Oregon!

The best way to find out where the closest fans are is to check the Oregon Fan Force Survey thread (our only sticky ;)). We basically update that as new members find their way to the forums and introduce themselves.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is Albany only a little bit south of Salem?

-Kyle

3. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    A lot of our Salem area members have not been that active lately. But in the recent past we?ve had a fairly active Salem group. I?ve been hoping to get a group together in the Salem area to have a Salem meeting. If you keep posting and expressing your interest I?m sure we can attract others from your area for a get-togethers or meetings.

Currently, we are fairly active in Portland with monthly meetings and activities. You are more than welcome to these meeting, they are for all Oregon FanForce (OFF) members. Members in the rest of the State do post, but don?t yet have the numbers to have meetings of their own. This weekend, we are getting together with the Cloud City Garrison of the 501st in West Linn for a BBQ. If you can make it up here we would love to meet you. Check out the BBQ and July meeting threads for details.

It?s great to have a new Oregon member !!![face_dancing]

4. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Thank you, my friends, for such a speedy response. I would love to attend the BBQ, however, my ladywife and I are leaving to visit my parents in Georgia for a one week spell, but will return shortly thereafter. We have to pack and finalize arrangements.
    Do your members prefer people in costume? Is it a normal thing, or are mundanes more appropriate? Is anyone interested in saber props? I found some spots nearby that Heiland and Graflex tubes are hanging about, and I have the resources to complete them. I am a leather crafter, also, so if anyone needs belts...
    Yes, Albany is just the other side of Salem, near Corvallis. Great Little town. Also looking for sparring/training/demonstration partners, so if a good match is in your scope?!? Again, thank you kindly for such a helpful and fast response. I am eager to meet you all.
    Also...ANNOUNCEMENT: FANS NEAR ALBANY/CORVALLIS....NOW IS THE TIME....LETS GET MOTIVATED throw a convention...I have a few friends at Starchild Productions and through Vulkon that helped us with a convention in Montana, of all places, and it went off without a hitch, with two celeb guests.
    If there is some form of representative needed for this area, then I humbly volunteer and am prepared to lead. I know that I am new here, but I am not new. I have 16 years in the convention gig, was staff at the 25th Anniv San Diego Comic Con, as well as multiple other events, and would LOVE to get a REALLY BIG show here. If we band together, it is definitely possible!!! A few dreams can go a LONG way!!! In either case, I must go and see the places recommended. Thank you, and May the Force be with You All...

Master Keyan Flamecloud
    Squisher of Icky-Evil-doers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.