newbie poster :b

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Amiry, Feb 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've been looking for/wondering if there was a Daytona FF and tonight I was just clicking around links on TF.N and I stumbled up you all. XD

I should probably introduce myself. I'm Amie. I'm 19 (turning 20 on April 23). I'm a huge geek and I proudly admit it. Star Wars is probably my oldest active fandom (if you don't count Disney). I'm artsy fartsy. I am a fan of too many things. I like Star Trek (especially the Original Series, but I also like Next Gen. and Voyager), Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings. I also enjoy anime and manga which presents a whole other list of fandoms. I love cosplay and conventions. I go to MegaCon just about every year and last year I attended my first Dragon*Con (woo!). I do webdesign, but my site has been offline for a while now (I was hosted by a friend, her domain died and I'm lazy), so a good deal of my online activity happens at my LiveJournal. Oh, and I work at Books-A-Million part-time in the café.

I think that about covers it. I hope to attend your next meeting, possibly with a couple of my friends. And maybe I'll see a few of you at MegaCon. :D
  2. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    hey hey! Welcome to the boards! I know a large group of Beachtroopers are going to MegaCon dressed as anime 'look for a really big guy wearing a paper bag on his head) and I few more of us are going Sunday. We're going to try and do something Saturday night after MC.

Sounds like you have just about all of the geeky bases covered! I have a feeling you'll fit right in ;) When are you going to be at MC??
  3. BIGGIE Jedi Knight

star 1
    whats up, welcome to our little part of the universe. If u know anyting about a online comic called MegaTokyo, some of uf r going to megacon as them, i personaly am going as an Ork. so anyway, Welcome!
  4. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey there, Amiry!! You sound like our sort of geek. ;) So glad you found us!

It sounds like our next meeting will be rather low-key. I look forward to possibly seeing there or at MegaCon! Are you going in costume?
  5. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will be at MegaCon on Saturday. We *were* thinking about going all weekend, but decided against it. But we will be there all day Saturday as we're getting a hotel nearby. ^^ I hope to have my costume finished and if I do, then I'll most likely be going as Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura in her summer uniform. If the costume isn't finsihed for MC, then I'll have it done for AnimeExpress. I only need to make the shirt because I have everything else. I'm just procrastinating a bit. >_<
  6. Commander_Farsight Jedi Knight

At least she will not see my face with the bag over my head. OR anybody else for that matter. It's best for everyone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.