main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie seeks info on Jedi Knights/SWCCG (Please Help)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by DarthSpiderManCan, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSpiderManCan

DarthSpiderManCan Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2001
    Hey all. I posted in the RPG Forum too, cuz I am a newbie to that too. I am trying to find new ways of having fun w/ the SW Universe besides video and pc games. Anyway, my interest in the CCG was piqued when I got the Vader's Lightsabre in the newest trilogy. Never having been involved in RPGs (not videogame) and CCGs. I thought I'd take a look into this world. So the CCG has been around since 95 or 96 or whatever. Jedi Knights is the newest. And I've heard that actually sitting down and playing is quite a joke. I've heard that gameplay is extremely taxing. I've also heard that more people collect, like baseball cards, than actually play. I am looking to play. So if anyone can give me some pointers, tips, advice, or even just a laugh, it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks a million.

2. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    You can sit down and start playing Star Wars CCG right away if you go buy the Death Star II starter decks ... and read the rule book first!
    :)

The Death Star II starter decks are not too complicated, but they do give you a flavor of all the different elements in the game.

As for Jedi Knights TCG, for a new player, it is probably just as hard to learn as Star Wars CCG. The difference is, once you learn to play the JK starter decks, you're done! You now know everything there is to know about JK. But once you learn the Death Star II starter decks, you've only scratched the surface of SW:CCG; you still have a lot more to learn!

And don't forget Young Jedi! Don't listen to the naysayers, it is a fast-paced, fun game. And it is the easiest of the three to learn. Young Jedi:Reflections coming out next week is gonna blow the roof off of the game, with more powerful characters, combo cards and the like.

All three games are A LOT of fun, whether you are playing competitively or just for fun. Hope this feedback helps.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    One observation I've made is SW:CCG and Young Jedi are very similar to each other, YJ is basicly one phase of SW:CCG expanded into it's own game, so they feel linked. JK on the other hand is rather different. Where SW (and YJ, to an extent) is somewhat story-driven in a sense, JK is something more akin to directing support characters/bodyguards to help preserving your leader characters.

I didn't take to JK too well, personally, I thought it was interesting, but the lack of a story-feel to it was something of a turn-off to me. Well that and I just didn't find the card images very attractive. Some cards were lovely though, like "A Million Voices..." but the CGI feel to the majority of them seemed rather dull to me, and the card layouts made identifying what kind of cardtype a card was somewhat difficult at first glance.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong[face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.