main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Newbie to Forums, not to Star Wars

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jiggs, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiggs

Jiggs Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Okay this is my first post here, I'm only on one other forum as of now, and thought I'd give the Star Wars Houston one a try. I'm in Alvin (yes I'm sorry too) which is about 40 miles south of Houston if anyone doesn't know.. (I'm sure you've seen the Ron Carter commercials on TV)

Anyway, I don't get out much so I'll probably mostly be on the forum, unable to attend many meetings. I'm a pretty devoted family man to my wife and 1 year old daughter, she just started walking.

For my opening topic, I'd like to ask if anyone is planning on seeing AOTC at 12:01am at the First Colony AMC 24 in Sugarland. I like that theater because its smaller and thats where I went to see Episode I. Didn't have any "fan force" people to talk to back then, but then again I didn't have a daughter either!! Haha, Okay I'm sure you all don't like to see so much jibber jabber from a (shudder) Newbie, so I'll calmly shut my trap.

Thanks for reading if you read thus far!!

2. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Great to meet you Jiggs! Welcome to the forums!

3. Jiggs

Jiggs Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Thanks! Was wondering how long it'd be until someone replied.. hehe. I tend to get the silent treatment quite a lot.

So it looks like the majority of the Houston area is going to AMC30 the evening of the 15th eh? Well hopefully that means I'll be one of the first in the door at AMC24!! haha. [face_laugh]

4. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I'll be at AMC 24 in Willowbrok on the 16th :)

5. Jiggs

Jiggs Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Poops! A near miss! I'm talking about the First Colony AMC 24 in Sugar Land.. Well at least you've got the 24 thing going! teehee.. :p

6. TallChewie

TallChewie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Hi Jiggs!

I too am a "newbie" to this whole forum thing. I am trying to figure out what the protocol is, if any. I just kind of posted and/or added my two cents worth to things but not sure if that is the thing to do. Any suggestions (from anyone) would be appreciated. :)

Thanks!

7. Jiggs

Jiggs Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Oh no! Don't you go stealing my newbie thread... hehe just kidding. I pick up on things like this pretty fast, and I think I've figured this one out already. You look to be doing fine as well.

If anyone is ever on the far south side (Alvin, Friendswood, Pearland area) check out Full Moon Comics and Games just off of 518 next to the Cactus Junction. My buddy just opened up his shop there! He was in Cole's Flea Market near Hobby Airport.

Okay I'm done advertising! Thanks!

8. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    Hey Jiggs, welcome to the force! I'm your friendly neigborhood costumer (Pearland). I'll have to stop by your pals shop. The summer before last I did a little promotion for Galaxy comics over off the Gulf frwy in my stormtrooper armor. If youre friend needs that kind of help let me know, I'm always looking for an excuse to get into costume. I have the following:
    Jedi, dark jedi/Maul, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Tusken Raider, Stormtrooper (TK506 with the 501st) and I'm working on an EPII Anakin.

Buck

9. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    hiya! welcome to the forums :D

I am in the extremities when it comes to houston as well, only it'd be the other northen extremity 8-}

if your ever bored, the JCC is the place to hang our for non starwars stuff, life in general another words. If you have any questions, there are a couple of us online at one time or another.

-goldy

10. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Greetings, nice to meet you.

If you are into gaming, be sure to check out the RPG Forum.

11. Jiggs

Jiggs Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    thanks for the warm welcomes everyone, I'm not much into gaming, but I have been wondering about costuming.. never really had the money to start into it. So Buck, do you make costumes to sell, or just for yourself.

How much does it run you to make your costumes? Saw your Jango Fett and it just plain rocks!!

12. bebo_lokk

Aug 16, 2001
    I have yet to sell a costume, but several members here have asked for help in making theirs. I would definately be willing to make some for others.

13. coach_c

coach_c Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Jiggs, I'm also a newbie to the forum, and live a hop, skip and jump away from you in Pearland. I'll give you a buzz if I'm in your area!

14. crazy4disney

crazy4disney Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Hi Jiggs, and hi everyone else! :) I'm also new, and also live in Pearland. We seem to have a pretty good fan base here in this area! I'll be at the Gulfpointe 30 on Saturday morning for AOTC. In my past life, there would have been no question about going to the midnight show, but things are a bit different now as a single mom to a 6 year old. ;-) But the SW gene runs true in him... although trying to explain the concept of a prequel to a 6 year old is kind of tricky! LOL!

I'm glad I found this place... my coworkers and family members just roll their eyes at me... ;-)

-gina-

15. AlanSmitheeIII

AlanSmitheeIII Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2001
    Well, I'm going to see AOTC on the 18th, Saturday, in Humble, at Deerbrook 24.

If anyone is interested....

16. Rogue98

Rogue98 Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    I am also new to the forums. Seems like quite a few newbies to the forum. I live in the Webster/Friendswood area. So I know right where Alvin is.

May the force be with us!

17. Darth Dorky

Darth Dorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    Wow, more Pearland people. I live just south of Silverlake.

18. bebo_lokk

Aug 16, 2001
    The Pearland Posse has begun!

I live by the police station.

19. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    *sigh* there isn't anyone from my corner of town :(

20. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    goldbubbly
    i thought you lived by willowbrook mall, im like 5 minutes away from there....im off of spring cypress and 249

21. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    more like.....20-30 minutes from willowbrook mall..

22. JEDIKNIGHT01

JEDIKNIGHT01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Jedi Jiggs, I am a newbee too and only to this forum. Glad to not be the only newbee. I am afraid I am not on the southern part of the outer rim territories. I am on the north side(humble area).

Just 24 hrs or so to the midnight showing of Attack of the Clones!!!!

Master Cris-Le-Calis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.