main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie wants to know how to construct a lightsaber

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Tidmag, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tidmag

Tidmag Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2003
    I want to understand how a lightsaber is made. I've read in the 'Young Jedi' series how a few of them chose their material to make their lightsabers a certain color, but what else is known about this art?

What are some theories on how they are supposed to operate and why does Kenobi emphasize the importance of it to Anakin as they enter the bar after the assassin?

How does a doublesided lightsaber's construction differ? Things of that nature. Why is a lightsaber a Jedi weapon of choice? Is it also the Sith's weapon of choice? Did the self proclaimed *?* Emperor Palpatine have a lightsaber - ever? Where would his apprentice learn the making of lightsabers?

What can I say, I'm a newbie and wouldn't know where to look for the stuff in this vast site.

So, tell me what you know or feel you can share.

2. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    This is the Props and Costuming forum here, there's some good stuff on that, and here's another good place! I know the guy that runs that place and he gave me a lightsaber he made for Christmas (he does really cool ones)! :D

God bless!

-Malz

3. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    If you're trying to make an actual lightsaber, you're out of luck.

Otherwise, for the official lightsaber discussion and whatnot, try Star Wars Community

4. Tidmag

Tidmag Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2003
    So far, I've gotten very neato places to check out if I'm looking for a lightsaber or even how to build one.

Thank you.

What I'm more interested in is the history behind it for both Jedi and Sith.

Can anyone help there. I don't mind theories.

If a blaster can't make a hole in a wall, but a lightsaber can, how come people don't carry around more lightsabers? Is it because the knowledge on how to build one denied to the public, in which case a thief could steal one from the temple, dead jedi, or careless jedi.

Who was the first Jedi, even if they didn't call themselves Jedi and did he have a lightsaber and if so where did he get it from and why past it on down to future Jedi?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.