main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbie Welcome Party - The House-Warming Party!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    That's exactly what I was thinking! I'd be furious especially if it tore my skin.

2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Yeah, funny gif, not cool to actually do to somebody.

3. Zenastynn

Zenastynn Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2017
    Hi there, I hope that I am posting in the proper place, I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I live now in the Denver area but I am originally from Georgia. I have been into Star Wars all my life. I have read many of the books, my favorites are the Bane trilogy. I am an avid SWTOR player, usually putting in 5+ hours a day. I am also an occasional cosplayer, I am currently working on a Darth Bane costume. I am thrilled to be here and look forward to meeting everyone!

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello Zenastynn :) A Bane costume sounds awesome! Let me know if you need help finding anything.

Halle Dray likes this.
  5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

Welcome. This forum is for new users/posters. So in most cases, you can post in a previously created thread or create your own. Let me know if you have any questions.

6. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I found some spoilers for teh upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi movie. [face_whistling]

Day 1 in hiding: Said "Hello there!" to Owen and Beru Lars and handed baby Luke off to them.
    Day 2 in hiding: Said "Hello there!" to some Jawas and they recommended me a remote place to move in to.
    Day 3 in hiding: Said "Hello there!" to some Tuskan Raiders before having to get choppy choppy with them.
    Day 4 in hiding: Said "Hello there!" to a krayt dragon then ran like hell when my lightsaber blade bounced off its tough hide after it tried eating me.

7. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    [face_hypnotized]

:p

How's everyone? I recommend you go to the nearest store and get coconut Oreos.

8. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Not much of a coconut person myself, although I do like Oreos.

9. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I'll pass on those, Lady.

10. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    If you are getting Oreos, get milk too, because they are Milk's Favorite Cookie.:D

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  11. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Sorry but chocolate chip cookies are Milk's favorite cookies. :D

12. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    We got the Salted Caramel Oreos, but they are disgusting. [face_sick]

I'm at work watching the dark clouds roll in...come on rain.

13. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    You are about to get hurricaned on. :p

14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I know...the tropical storm warning stops about 70 mi south of us. I'm really hoping it won't be as bad as they are predicting because I have lots of friends and family in areas it's going to hit.

15. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    It's worse now, there are three of them............. Irma, Jose and Katia..........Mr Trump should not have challenged Mother Nature, seems she's showing him how mean she can be............

16. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    But they are illegals so he won't let them in. :p

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  18. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    They are still trying to enter the country illegally so Trump will stop them at teh border and deport them. :p

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  19. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    We won't be recovered from Harvey for some time, and now these others are coming. Be safe friends in the areas the storms will affect. [:D] Irma looks like she'll be nasty. :(

20. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    How badly was your part of Texas hit? [:D]

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    [:D]

It wasn't at all. We had very little rain, but some friends weren't as lucky and got way more rain than they ever wanted. There's been excellent support from all over to help with clean up and starting to rebuild. I used to spend most of every July in Rockport and it was heartbreaking to see the damage there. It's an awesome small town of mostly artisans.

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Its just so devastating as there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. :(

23. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    A woman that I went to school with last century, posted on facebook that her daughter and her family lost everything. :(

All of the computer models for hurricane Irma have it going up through central Florida, into Georgia and heading more or less due north for a while but one of them has it making a left turn going into Tennessee, south-western Kentucky and into Missouri, which is where I live. While it's possible, I doubt that it will take that track. Even if it does take that path, it will probably just be a tropical depression at the worst. While no where nearly as destructive as a full blown hurricane, it could still do a lot of damage.

EDIT: Okay, the Weather Channel and the National Weather Service both have updated the projected path for Irma and it looks like it just may make that left turn.

[​IMG][​IMG]

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Its almost like Irma is 'climbing' a leg. Is it continental updraft that cause it to follow the coast?

25. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I actually have no idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.