main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbie Welcome Party - The House-Warming Party!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I will wave cheerfully to the Scottish Fanforce from Belfast.

Or angrily, depending on how my day is going...

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Being back in Europe now? ;) :)

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This weekend. Need to finalize a few things in Philly and then off we go. Time to glory in the Arctic Wind funnel that hits this time of year. [face_dancing]

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Somehow it's cool that you move between continents that regularly and good to see you being back (I started wondering where you are already ;) ).

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    The way I am able to pull it off is that both houses are 2 family homes and the rent from each pays for the house. I simply need to save enough money for overseas flights.

And, yes, I woke up one day and realized it had been days since I had logged in. I knew I was facing a busy few weeks with deadlines looming, but it went a little longer than originally anticipated.

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    But (just to make it clear for me) you're only in Ireland for holidays? You can't take your "job" with you, right?

Everything's fine. Everyone has a RL. So take it the positive way. ;) :)

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    <walks in thread>
    Uhhh 'sup y'all? I'm a kinda sorta noob, but not really.

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Are you bringing tea or coffee with you? *glances at pic/icon* :)

Since you are at the forum for about 2.5 months, how do you like it? I guess at least "nice" - otherwise you weren't coming back, right? ;)
    Btw, have you been at other forums already? Or what do you mean by "not really"? :)

9. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Hello everyone [face_peace]

Not exactly a newbie, but this'll be my first introduction :)

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Only 309 posts within 9.5 years? How did you manage to lurk that much? Wow! I couldn't stand it that long.

11. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    After RotS I disappeared for a while :)

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I post in the JCC and Episode VII forum, but as of late I have been branching out/upping my post count. Yeah TFN is a keeper.

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yeah, it become a bit calmer after RotS and with only TCW and some smaller things being up during that time I can understand that. Glad that you found your way back. I guess, you plan to stay until E7 at least? ;) :)

IATI, the JC can be really adictive by times. In the earlier times we even "warned" new member about its adictiveness... of course, just jokingly, but lots of people came back and stood for quiet a while. Hopefully you'll experience the forum getting activer, being on the top of the wave until it calms down again when all movies will have been shown. You'll enjoy that time. :)

14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to WNU, guys! And welcome (back) to the JC :D

15. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Now there's going to be a supposed endless supply of SW films, I think I'll be here for the long haul ;)

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Endless? And there was me thinking that they only plan three more movies... :eek:

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    The standalone films are going to keep the product line running indefinitely. Boba Fett and Han Solo were already announced and a Yoda film is in discussion.

And, to answer your question from a few posts back, I take work with me or I wouldn't be able to jump the Atlantic as often (or for as long) as I tend to. 4 weeks in Belfast this trip. I work as an illustrator, so I just upload pages in PDF to the company editorial base from wherever I happen to be on the globe.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Didn't know that! :eek: Somehow cool to hear about a Yoda movie, but on the other side, I'm hesitant. I guess, the first movie will show what Disney can do for SW. ;)

Ah, I see. Then you have one of the best jobs. You can do journeys and keep working. This way you would be able to discover the world step by step. Of course, it might be too expensive to move around every other month, but it would be possible. :)

19. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Endless SW movies... that makes me wonder if I'll have seen the best ones in my life-time:p

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Usually the more episodes are made the worse they get... Exceptions do exist! *thinks of RotS*

...so you might have seen the best ones already. :p

21. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Forget StoneRiver's post total, how come no one is asking him about that hat :p!

We actually have a lot in common (No, I don't have a Packers/Vikings hybrid hat). I've also been a member since 2004, but after the release of RotS I was basically absent from the forums (Except the collecting board). But I'm finally poking my head back into the JC and realizing how much I've missed it.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    ...and even when you rejected our love, we were always right here waiting for you...

Skiara and JUKE-SKYWALKER like this.
  23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Star Wars movies for your families for decades and decades and decades!

24. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    I'm joining this party

25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The party don't start till I post in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.