main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbie Welcome Party - The House-Warming Party!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkloa

pkloa Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2002
    So after hearing about a new Star Wars movie coming out someday, I thought I'd see if my old account was still active. Well, here I am. I think posting in the newbie thread for a little bit is to be expected, haha. Now, on to figuring out how to underline, italicizes, etc.

2. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    lol hi there.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hi there. Welcome back. Glad to have you. Again.

(This is all formality as we have been chatting in the 7NSA social already...)

DarthTunick likes this.
  4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome back, pkloa! :)

I think you found out how it works with italics etc, right? If you remember the old way, you can do it still. It just got easier with the tool bar. ;)

5. pkloa

pkloa Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2002
    Wow! What's a toolbar?

Edited to add: I'm digging the alerts. Bad short-term memory made me forget I had posted here. That is balanced out by my bad long-term memory though.

And my short-term memory is bad as well.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Click in the "post a reply" space at the bottom of the page as if you were going to respond to this. Everything in the 'strip' above your blinking cursor is the Toolbar.

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    ...and if there's none, then you'll find a link called "Use Rich Text Editor" below your text box. Click it and the tool bar appears. :)

(Thanks, Chorus, nice short explanation. :) )

8. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Yeah, what they said. :p

I can't believe that it's the middle of August. I mean it's 4:30 in the afternoon and it's only 73°F(23°C). Summer has been unusually cool this year and I think that we've even had some record low temperatures down about 55°F(13°C) about half an hour from the city center where there is fewer buildings along with less concrete and asphalt to retain the heat so it gets a few degrees cooler.

9. Dsak joto

Dsak joto Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2013
    There are a lot of users here

10. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    yes lucky you ,. here the temps are back to normal again but nevertheless we are having pleasant sunshine :)

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Actually, the weather is crazy this year. Either it's really hot and humid or the temperature drops so low that you need a jacket. Today it is supposed to be a nice summer day, but with rain in the middle of the day. It's my free weekend (not that many I have off) and so I hoped for a full sunny weekend... let's see, if the weatherforcast is right or if Petrus has some insight. ;)

Welcome Dsak joto! Yep, many many people are around. Not exactly in this thread, although it can become crowdy as well, but at the whole forum you'll find people from all around the world. Don't miss to check out all boards. Each has it's own "personality". Oh, and it'll be cool, if you stay here for a while as well, if you like. :)

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Btw, I don't think that I've ever posted it here... The house is dry again, the drying machines are away and we can sleep in our sleeping room again! :D We "only" (only... :p ) need to tidy up all the mess and clean afterwards once more, or twice... But at least, we have some more space again and can rest without blocking the living room wher our beds were for the last months!

For those who don't know what happened: We had a water damage starting at Easter and which continued until now.

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  13. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I'm glad that things are getting back to normal for you. [:D]

14. Aiden Keiran

Aiden Keiran Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2013
    Allo! I'm a newbie! Is the party still a goin'? xD

15. Aiden Keiran

Aug 26, 2013
    Omg I killed it didn't I?! :_|

16. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Hello Aiden! :) The party never ends, it just takes the occasional break due to DRL(Darth Real Life). :p

17. Aiden Keiran

Aug 26, 2013
    Haha, gotcha xD Glad I didn't kill it.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It never dies because it's undead. You just need to occasionally poke it with a stick to get a response out of it.

19. Aiden Keiran

Aug 26, 2013
  20. morrison85

May 13, 2005
  21. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Morri, he said a big stick, not a shamrock. :p

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    He was trying to communicate with me and since I'm an Irish bloke, that was like using basic symbols to see if I am sentient. :p

23. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Morri is a she, not a he. :p

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Just a quick note: health issues kept me from being online long enough. It's getting better though now. :)

25. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    :) Wishing you good health and speedy recovery!

*sends Skiara a bowl of special homemade Indian soup*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.