main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbie Welcome Party - The House-Warming Party!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome! We're glad you found your way here :)

I was always a big fan of the books (up until a few years ago), so I'm pretty bummed they're discontinuing the series they had planned (which I was very much looking forward to).

2. Juwbacca

Juwbacca Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    Hello people. I'm new and old. I used to post on this forum back during the Prequel Trilogy years. And at some point my account was deactivated or disabled. Anyway, back again. Excited about the ST of course. I read my fair share of EU books, but can't say I'm surprised the new movies will be disregarding all those stories as canon. I'm at peace with that decision. Looking forward to posting here now and again as we move closer to the new movies.

3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Hello all! New member here! I was born in 94, so Star Wars has always been a major part of my life. I still have my giant collection of EU books, and lots of toys. I kind of lost interest in Star Wars from 2008-now. I even bought the blu-rays on day one, but I didn't watch them until this past weekend!

The news of Episode 7 really brought me back. I watched the OT the day the cast was announced, and since that day, I've watched one of the Star Wars films on each day, at least once! I also got back into the figure hunt. I ordered a few black series figures on May the 4th. As I was cleaning out my garage, and found a whole box of carded Phantom Menace and Power of the force figures! So while I just started collecting, my collection is decently sized!

In respect to the EU, I feel that while it disappoints to have it treated this way, I've actually started reading my books with greater interest. If Episode 7 disappoints, I'll just ignore 8 and 9 and read the books, like I did with the PT. I consider those films fan fiction essentially. Fun to watch, but impossible to take seriously.

To this day, every time I walk past an automatic door, I "use" the force to open it. A habit I developed when I was five.

4. Bagliun Edar

Bagliun Edar Jedi Knight star 1

May 3, 2014
    Thank you. I was a big Star Wars fan in the past. Now, I cannot count myself as a fan, but I do like SW yet... along with many other franchises.

By the way, I'm not "Bagliun Edar". Lord Bagliun is a character of my invention, a god that speaks the conlang I write with in my post above. I'll not reveal my real identity. :) So I'll continue to write under my character's name. So whenever I write in a strange language with an italicized translation, I'm just playing a character.:D

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Most of us are known only by our usernames and not much else. ;)

6. Ricky Olié

Ricky Olié Jedi Padawan

May 7, 2014
    Hello, I like Star Wars, and science fiction in general.

Though, I guess that's kinda a requirement of some sorts.

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome Ricky Olié You will find a whole bunch of Star Wars fans around here. :) Do you have any partricular intersts, i.e., Movies, books, collecting, etc? Look around and contribute to the discussions going on. If you need anything, please let us know.

8. Ricky Olié

Ricky Olié Jedi Padawan

May 7, 2014
    I have more books than I can read, I like watching the movies and TV shows, and I have a lightsaber collection from Ultrasabers (A silly amount, I have more money than brains at times.).

A mostly collect stuff from all the sci-fi franchises I like, which is most of them.

9. Bagliun Edar

Bagliun Edar Jedi Knight star 1

May 3, 2014
    I can guess; or maybe I know. I was just warning you that I'm not being serious whenever I post as whether I were a God.:D

TrakNar likes this.
  10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  11. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Been around Episode VII since I joined! A lot of the collecting forum too! Glad to be here, it's been a great first few days! Looking forward to the next few years!

NYCitygurl likes this.
  12. noelie fleming

noelie fleming Jedi Knight

May 9, 2014
    HI!!!!!!OLD andNEW HERE. T WRITE THIS FROM MY HOSPITAL BED. I EXPERIENCED A SUBDURAL HEMATOMA.ILIVE IN A FULL TIME CARE CENTER NOW. SO IF MY MESSAGES ARE FORMATTED STRANGELY THAT WILL HELP EXPLAIN WHY. I SPENT A LONG TIME GETTING RE-SIGHNED UP BUT HERE I AM!

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Hello, Noelie! Welcome back to the JC. What was your original username?

Gamma626 excellent! I love that attitude (especially as I'm quite an oldbie myself).

14. Sar Bandona

Sar Bandona Jedi Padawan

Aug 6, 2013
    There's a queue of new users behind me.

Hey everyone, I'm Sar Bandona, I just wanted to join a Star Wars forum ahead of the new trilogy because I'm all excited and stuff... :cool:

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome! We're glad to have you :) Have you explored the movie forums yet?

16. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    Hi everyone! I'm gracesonnet. I think I had a username on the forums waaaay back in the day-- like, 12+ years ago. I don't remember it though: DarthSomething. Now I'm gracesonnet (I know, it's not even Star Wars related. I'm running on empty tonight).

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome back! I love meeting all these returning members :) Are you pumped for the new movies?

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hello all of the WNUs down in WNUville. The gentle, kindhearted ladies will be off for this coming weekend, so I have been hired as your substitute. It's like "Miss Nelson is Missing"... except that this instance is more like if Viola Swamp were a mean, unlikable substitute who makes the students miss their regular teacher and want her to come back.

Welcome! [face_devil]

NYCitygurl and Pensivia like this.
  19. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Welcome aboard, Newbies. :)

There goes the neighborhood. :p

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I will give this my meh-est effort.

21. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
  22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Lighter's in the box to the left, and everything is flammable. Please keep the Iron Throne warm for me and save me some cake.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Thank you dear. And done, done and done.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  24. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    NYCitygurl likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    First drinks are on me!
    [​IMG]

TrakNar and Bazinga'd like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.