main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbie Welcome Party - The House-Warming Party!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keb99

keb99 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2014
    i forgot my password. so i thought i would create a new one. Blue Ice Cream

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  3. starforks

starforks Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2014
    Hello! I've been a lurker for a while and just decided to take the plunge and make an account. None of my friends are SW fans and just don't get my love of the movies. Glad to find a place that does. Now I can share my excitement over the new movies and upcoming Celebration :)

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Ewok, sometimes stereotypes can be useful, but with those shows I'm cautious.

Welcome back, DLink! ;) :D
    keb99, there's a way to get back your password. First: the 'forgot password' function an second: send a private message to an admin. They can help you. :)

starforks, welcome! :) Don't forget to check out your local FanForce! There you can meet other SW fans from your area. Even in RL, if you like. They organize meetings regularly. :)

starforks likes this.
  5. keb99

keb99 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2014
    i forgot my email password so i cant sign into my email. Skiara

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Then again... Send a PM to an admin, keb99. :)

7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Are we bringing back Teh Mole anytime soon?

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    ...and there was me thinking that teh mole frightens you. :p

Tag the game master or up the game thread, IATI. That helps regularly. ;)

9. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    May I inquire on who or what Teh Mole is? Or maybe it's actually 'The Mole' ... Sounds interesting! Would anyone be willing to fill me in?

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    DL, teh Mole is the game of this board hosted by Darth Gangrenous. Funny, deathly game it is!! Join it! :D

11. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    You rang?

I need players and haven't really had enough people signing up for a decent game.

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    So is it a goner?

13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I can lend my services for Teh Mole

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    *waves at Gangrenous*

*looks at game thread*

Well done!! :D

15. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    we have eight players lined up is that enough to get the game going?

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  16. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Thank you Skiara - sorry I just noticed your response! Teh Mole sounds like fun! :] I'm not sure if I'm ready to play something like that yet though as new as I am. I mean I'm still accidentally double posting once in a while. lol I feel like a dunce! :p At least I know what it is now so thanks! That will give me something to look forward to! :]

17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    DL, I'm pretty sure that Gangrenous would love to see signing up for that game. It's fun and easy to play. In case there are any questions he'll answer them and help you during the game. So... You aren't too new to play! :D

DL44Jo likes this.
  18. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Yes! To Skiara you listen.

DL44Jo likes this.
  19. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Thank you Skiara and Dangrenous - I'll continue to become familiar with how it is played until I feel ready then. Another issue is I'm slightly limited because of doing this on a smart phone compared to a computer. I know it's doable but it makes things a little more difficult in general I think. How often do you start a new game?

20. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Once a game has ended, the winner gets 72 hours of colors of their choice. Once those 72 hours are over, we start sign ups. As far as actually starting a new game, it all depends on how long it takes to get enough players for a decent game.

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    A smartphone is a little handucap, but it works in most cases. I'm using it as well. Do you have tapatalk or so? That makes it easier as well.

If you really want to wait for the next game in about two or three months, then you can ask Gangrenous to tag you so you won't miss it.

22. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Hopefully it won't take that long for the next game but with them sending the military in now to quell the rioting and looting that has been going on for the past week, who knows.

23. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    As just said in the hug thread, feel hugged! Feel very hugged, dear DG!

[​IMG]

*sends Chewie, Yoda AND a Jawa to hug you

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Darth Gangrenous, I still don't know what's going on at your place. I guess mostly because I don't find the time to watch the evening news. So... What happened? Riots don't appear out of nothing...

25. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    A white police officer shot and killed an unarmed 18 year old black male. There are contradictory reports as to what led up to it. The police officer is saying that the 18 year old and a friend were walking in the middle of the street and refused to get over to the sidewalk and when the officer tried getting out of the car, he was attacked by the suspect and both the officer and the suspect went for the officers gun and it went off. The suspect then walked away for a few meters then once the officer got out of his car, the suspect turned around and charged him so the officer shot him.

Other people at the scene are saying the suspect had his hands up and was on his knees and the officer then shot him multiple times.

The guy who was shot was at least 6 feet 3 inches tall(1.9 meters) and weighed over 300 pounds(136 kgs) which is much larger than the officer is.

There have been racial tensions going on over here for decades and it finally boiled over. Most of the protestors are peaceful. Most of the ones attacking the officers, rioting and looting businesses are the younger ones and the majority of those are not even from the area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.