main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbie Welcome Party - The House-Warming Party!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    It was very lucky...!! :D

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  2. Jedi Kao Cen Darach

Jedi Kao Cen Darach Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2014
    Lol hi
    I want a chocolate force pool!

Jedi_SateleShan likes this.
  3. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Welcome aboard.

4. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Traffic is picking up in WNU...keeping Skiara busy, I bet!

[​IMG]

:p

Edit: So, what did you think of the trailer, Skiara? Did you have a favorite shot or shots? I thought it was very good overall, with my favorite shot probably being the X-wings going over the water...that was pretty :cool:!

5. AfricanRabbit

AfricanRabbit Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2014
    Hello, Star Wars.

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello there, Rabbit. :)

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hello to you to Rabbit always good to see new users.

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Hello Rabbit! *wonders if SW answers* :p

Yep, the more new members sign up and saying 'hi', the busier I get, Pensivia. But there are some nice fellow users who help out - especially when I'm off and if there's a new user needing help or a good welcome. That's pretty cool!! :D

I love the trailer. It really surprised me and it is promising. More than I've expected. The X-Wing scene is one of my favorites as well. Pretty cool! Hopefully the scene makes sense in the movie and it's not there just because of showing the nice special effect.

Pensivia likes this.
  9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm new to this place and I'm nervous five minutes ago I got offered death-sticks[face_nail_biting]

10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
  11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    lol
    Guess, you visited the wrong place.. ;) Here you're save. We just have all kinds of chocolate, including a chocolate pool. :D

Commander Krix, I like your sig! :D

Commander Krix likes this.
  12. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
  13. Trippy Manni

Trippy Manni Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2014
    Sup Sup suuuuup!

Alright so I'll go ahead an confess... wasn't really a star wars fan till I heard about the trailer *hides under the bed* but... the trailer did peak my interest! and thus committed all of the past two days to watching the movies and woah! ^:)^ so shun me away or throw me to the gallows!

and I'll probably be hated for this but the new lightsaber is wicked cool!

14. DejimusPrime

DejimusPrime Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2014
    hello everybody.. signed up yesterday.

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Trippy Manni, there's no prob in getting into SW later than sooner. It's always better than never. ;) :p
    Have a nice stay! :D

DejimusPrime, you as well, of course. :)

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

No to complete your journey Watch the shows The clone wars and Rebels.

17. dasweallycool

dasweallycool Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2014

18. DejimusPrime

DejimusPrime Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2014
    thanks! :D

19. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    * runs in and gives her love to @};- Darth Gangrenous because he lives in a dangerous area these days as we all can see on TV

I am still working on your little Christmas surprise. Please do not think I have forgotten about you now that I live in Berlin and not in the Netherlands any longer.

* Skiara

The German voice actor of Luke Skywalker and his kind wife visited me at work today. To bring me a signed photograph and a signed poster plus another wee & sweet memory of the Jedi Con 2014 in Düsseldorf. I am soooooo thrilled still! And when they were gone, one of my kindergarten children stepped up to me and said: "He does not look like Vader at all."

[face_laugh][face_rofl]

20. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    [face_laugh] That's adorable!

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The kids are great! This is why I enjoy working with them so much.

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's really pretty cool! How did it come? Why did he visit you? Pretty, pretty fantastic!! I hope the kids liked it as well. :D

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Robert Eiba so kind to pass my self-made Wampa and a letter on to him.

[​IMG]

So, I got a signed photo by him. And the Jedi Con 2014 Poster, done by Matt Busch, which contained more signatures: Susanna Bonaséwicz & Oliver Döring. Oh, and another nice surprise.

And the kids were not that interested in Hans-Georg Panczak and his wife Ria. We often get unknown grown-ups visiting, such as parents who are interested putting their off-spring into our kindergarten. Or other "Erzieher"/ kindergarten teachers. But two of my kids, a three year old girl and one of our two year old twins (also a girl) came closer. The three year old introduced herself by name and the other girl wanted to get cuddled by me. Ria visibly melted away. Yepp, my kiddos are cute and adorable. (But that does not stop me doing my job properly. I am not that easily tricked by cuteness as parents and grandparents. No means no, for example.)

Oh, one of my 4 year old boys passed by and I introduced Herr Panczak as the German voice actor of Luke Skywalker to him. He frowned and walked away. When they were gone 5 minutes, the boy approached me and said: "He does not look like Darth Vader at all. Are you sure it was him?" Grrrr! This is Clone Wars doing that to the kiddos. This unhealthy fixation on Anakin.

My older Pre-School kiddos know every Clone trouper by name and their ranks. But they hardly have any clue who Han Solo is or Lando Calrissian. Sigh!

Anyway, I am still thrilled and cannot stop smiling. Which is a good thing because 5 hours after that visit I had a little skin surgery scheduled. Due to Herr Panczak and his wife Ria visiting I forgot to be worried about the surgery. And I still do not really get the pain of the healing wound get to me. Or do ponder to much on the result of the skin tissue being send in.

So, the entire visit was the greatest Christmas present ever!

I hope Oliver Döring and Wolfgang Pampel like their presents also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robert (Eiba) certainly loved his Jawa. He is also a very kind person. Not only a great publisher for Germany´s biggest SW magazine and organizer for events such as the Jedi Con.

[​IMG]

I am just sad that I had no time doing the Ewok for Susanna Bonaséwicz. All my felt figures came alive in the summer. And since the new kindergarten year started I have been so utterly busy. I hope I can work on a Wicket figure before Christmas.

24. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    AA, that is pretty cool.

It is sad that we are in an era where the children hardly know anything about the original trilogy. As you said they could name off every clone from the Clone Wars, but ask them about a character that you only see in the OT, they probably wouldn't know what the heck you are talking about.

Hello again guys. Decided to surf over this way in internetland after coming across the JCF in my favorites list on my browser. :)

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Very nice indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.