main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbie Welcome Party - The House-Warming Party!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome to all new members! :D
    Do you enjoy it so far? :)

I just came back from my holidays (ok, my computer decided to take some days off right when I was coming back, but now we are both back). ;)

I'm with Gangrenous. I like some parts and some parts not so much. In general I think it was a good step to move. And I also miss the favorite boards list.

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Points seem to be just for posterity. But it's still cool to collect them. :p

3. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Until whoever is in charge of feeding the forum forgets and it decides to come munch my points :p

-Remi- likes this.
  4. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It got dessert from me. :p

5. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I am kind of hungry. [face_thinking]

-Remi- likes this.
  6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    You're always hungry DG Bro:p

-Remi- likes this.
  7. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Greetins, Cretins!

Just got back on here. Adjusting to the new set up. I am still on board with our previously conspired WNU ideas for threads. Don't know how I ended up so sold out for WNU, but I am willing to help out in the details. Whatever Skiara wants... she is the boss. And, whatever Nat wants... but only because I pretend to have some random irrational e-crush on her. My wife is reading this post.

9. -Remi-

-Remi- Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 8, 2007
    If newbies are out and about, welcome newblings!!!!!

10. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    As far as I know, none of us are from Crete. :p

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Old habit from when I was the devil on here. I think I used to bookend that phrase with devil emoticons. 2003 was a long time ago. If I remember correctly.

12. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I don't remember much from back then. :p

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Me neither. Well, it's 6pm. Time to watch that delightful Angela Lansberry on Murder She Wrote, drink my Ensure, and get ready for bed.

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Hey guys and gurls! You remember me saying being back from holiday, right? Right after that I've said it, there were a few things that came in my way. First my day off got canceled suddenly, then electricity went down whenever I had time to come here and not to speak about my huge migraine. In German I would say "there's the worm inside"...

The more I'm happy to be back finally! Hopefully... I mean... :p

Myke!! Nice to see you here. Have wondered where you are. :D
    If you like to help, just take a look at the "big tidy up" thread. There are a few threads that might need attention still. :)

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    "Like to help"??? That is generally the opposite of my motive on here. ;)

I will check it out and see if there is anything I can do to bat cleanup. I am back in the US in time to ensconce myself in the electoral circus. Spent the entire time we had the Temp Boards here in Ireland, so I never bothered to register on the temps. Just discovered the new, improved JC this week. Glad your elec is back. Hopefully you had a lovely summer. I will go hit the "Tidy Up" thread and see what I can manage.

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Then you "have to help"! :p

That's called perfect timing! :D

Summer was... not that good - weatherwise. And beside of the weather it was good. :)

17. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    It's a balmy 46°F(8°C) here today.

Glad to finally have you back, Skiara. :)

18. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Welcome back Skiara:)

19. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thansk! :)

Here it's hardly warmer (11°C)... fall is there... if the rain wouldn't be so dominating, I would even enjoy the current weather. ;)

20. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I could enjoy the weather too, if it weren't for the fact that Fall=cough allergy season for me.:(

21. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Poor Sky Guy. :(

22. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    This begins a thought provoking ideas segment please do not be alarmed...

I have been thinking about welcome new users area. First, I would great if users were pointed to a place were they could introduce themselves or say they are back. I realize this thread should be for that it seems there is no real order to posts (I know I'm being a bit imperialistic in this matter). Second, I would be great to give a general layout of the boards so that new users could "explore" their surroundings with greater confidence. Third, it would be great if there was a random thought s thread though not really necessary.

This ends a thought provoking segment your regular programming will continue after this....:D

23. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    this here is a random thought thread. and this is also the place to introduce yourself, but people are free to make their own topics too if they feel like it. the newbie adoption scheme is exactly for the giving more confidence, but since things changed a bit since the move it is is still being overhauled.

24. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    To be honest, the adoptions stuff never really worked for me [face_dunno]. I think it should be either a self service idea or participation in an adoption like idea. Sort of like a mixture of advertising, explaining, and help from a real life person if you need it sort of deal (my opinion). Well, I guess your right about this being a random thoughts thread, but is also a social thread so I thinking some people might object if this thread got to philosophical. Plus some of my ideas might scare the kids.[face_laugh]

Skiara likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Weather in Philly has been cold, rainy, and miserable. Just lovely. Reminds me of my other home. I will be offline for a few days beginning tomorrow afternoon. I have a big weekend planned, meeting up with old friends and playing some gigs with my old band in NY and then I am leaving from there for my annual overly long "vacation" in Cape Cod for a few months. So, once I adjust and get caught up on any deadlines I need to meet, I will be back here to help cattle prod the herd... I mean be helpful and keep order in WNU.

As is my Skiara-given duty... if you are new and you are reading this: Hi. Welcome. We are overwhelmed that you are here with us. Join a social thread.

Click here: http://boards.theforce.net/forums/star-wars-community.10012/
    Or here: http://boards.theforce.net/forums/eu-community.10194/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.