main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbie Welcome Party - The House-Warming Party!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Tapatalk will work well on your phone. It's not so comfortable as logging in with a browser, but it's worth to install it, if you like to post/lurk when you're not at home/at your main computer. I'd prefer the pro version. It's a lot different from the non-pro version. Best hint I can give you: If you like to use BB Code, then you need to learn some codes by heard like a few smilies or how bold something. You know how that works, or do you need help?

2. Darth Nihilon

Darth Nihilon Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 5, 2016
    Lady Belligerent gave me a very good page on those! I am learning some simple ones now and maybe will learn some more hard ones. I think it will be very useful because I am thinking maybe I will download tapatalk and see how it works :)

Skiara and Lady Belligerent like this.
  3. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That sounds pretty good!! I learned it on try&error and I think I didn't do too many obvious /public errors. ;)

Have fun trying it! :D

4. Jedi Rey X

Jedi Rey X Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2016
    Random Thought of the Day

Really, we have a place like this?

Darth Nihilon likes this.
  5. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Yep, we really have a place like this. :D

6. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
    I like this place! It is not very active, but it is very nice and welcoming :)

7. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    You should try the Cloud City Cantina board in Star Wars Community section. :)

8. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
    What is the Cloud City Cantine? :)

9. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    Its a board where people chat about everything including Star Wars.

10. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
    That sounds like much fun! You said it was in the Star Wars Community? I have not been in there yet, so I think I will try it :)

11. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    Yes, it is in the Star Wars Community boards. Each thread on the board has games and fan clubs.

12. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
    Thank you very much for your advice! You are very kind :)

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  13. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Also visit the EUC. :) If you like stories from the Expanded Universe. There's also a social thread there with nice folks.

14. UnbuiltSpy

UnbuiltSpy Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2016
    I'm new to these forums, can someone point me to a lore section where I can discuss SW&other sci-fi works?

15. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    From the films, TV, or Expanded Universe? You may want to start with the fan clubs in the SWC, and EUC. Also EU Lit is another good place.

UnbuiltSpy likes this.
  16. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
    I will try that, Lady Belligerent, thank you!

So I study the history of art and clothing. I am not so good at art, but I am trying to maybe design some dresses like Padmé wears. They are very beautiful in my head but not so good on paper :p

17. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    What is the most active thread on this board?

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    At WNU or at the whole JC? And what is your definition of "most active thread", Adella7? :)

19. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I love the history of fashion, I guess that's why I love historical dramas so much. :) What era is your favorite?

20. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
    I really love the medieval and victorian eras in Europe, the kimonos of the ancient Japanese dynasties and also the ancient Greek and Roman fashion. Such beautiful and iconic costumes!

21. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    @ Darth Nihilon

I just have to say, your English is much better than me & English is my 1st language! By the way I can understand some French sentences since English borrowed 1/2 it's words from French but I can't speak it at all:)

22. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    The thread in the whole board that gets the most posts. I'm sorry for the confusion.[face_blush]

23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Those are my favorites too. Have you seen the costuming for the tv series Outlander? I've loved what they've done so far.

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    No problem, Adella7. No reason to blush. So you mean the thread with the most posts at the whole JC/FF. Mhm... There was a time when you could get that answer easily, but I'm not sure if it still works. Need to test a bit. But maybe anyone else around have an idea or knows the answer by heard?

Just keep in mind that certain threads get restarted after a certain amount if posts. So a smaller thread can have a longer history than the longest one. :)

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A place vastly inferior to the New Best Friends Club in the YJCC, bestie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.