main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie would like some info...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Reklo_Gari, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reklo_Gari

Reklo_Gari Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    Yes, I am a newbie. I have seen the movies and I have enjoyed the NJO novels. Because I have not read everything, there are a few holes for me. In the time it would take me to search all the threads some of you would have answered my questions, so here it goes.

1) What happened to Leia's friend Winter?

2) I read here somewhere about the Vong being repelled from Chiss space. Where was this and how about some background on it.

3) What about a Dark Jedi having battled the Vong?

Again,I only read the NJO novels, so if it's not in there, I need to research it.

Thanks

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    1) What happened to Leia's friend Winter?

She married a pilot named Tycho Celchu after serving as a babysitter for the Solo kids.

2) I read here somewhere about the Vong being repelled from Chiss space. Where was this and how about some background on it.

All we know or think we know about this comes from Dark Tide, with maybe a smidgen more background from Hand of Thrawn.

3) What about a Dark Jedi having battled the Vong?

What about it?

3. Reklo_Gari

Reklo_Gari Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002

Did a Dark Jedi go against the Vong? If so, who was it and what happened?

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    I say we designate this thread as the official newbie question and answer corner, or for anyone that needs an answer to a random question.

5. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    i would say that no dark jedi has yet fought a vong, although you could argue that jaina did because she was using dark-side powers when fighting the vong in sbs...

6. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    GOOD IDEA VAL, SHOULD i DO IT OR YOU?

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Reklo...
    "3) What about a Dark Jedi having battled the Vong?"

Technically, this one has happened. Lumiya, Dark Lord of the Sith has engaged the Vong in Imperial space. She was raiding an Imperial research station at Yaga Minor to obtain the "Vong-destroying" pollen which was being researched there. The Vong force, originally under different orders found out about the pollen and moved to destroy it. The outcome of that meeting is not yet known.

Now, you're question was not, "What about a Sith Lord having battled the Vong." Well, we know the following information from Star Wars Galaxy Magazine regarding Lumiya:
      "While a desperate battle raged above the forest moon of Endor,
      Lumiya had begun the final test of all Jedi."
    So, technically, Lumiya would/could be considered a Dark Jedi as well as a Sith. :) However, she is not often referred to as a Dark Jedi. Her title as Sith Lord is much more respectable as a villain. I suppose the next question then is "who the heck is Lumiya?!?" :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.