Syra, NY Newbie!!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by YodasSon, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodasSon Jedi Youngling

Hello, Well i'm new to this site and I'm looking for some people who have the same interest as me. (STAR WARS). I'm around Utica, New York and I don't know any body out here who even likes Star Wars, let alone collects or plays any of the card games. I was from Boston Mass and am lost out here.

I posted on the Syracuse because it's closer to me!

Thank you.
  2. Clone-Commando_1198A Jedi Youngling

star 2
  3. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan

star 4
  4. Drogon Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Welcome! Some of us are from Sherrill, which is about 20 minutes West of Utica. God to have another member aboard.
  5. YodasSon Jedi Youngling

It's nice to know that there are other's out here who have the same interest.
  6. DarthArjuna Jedi Knight

star 5
    I go to school at SUNYIT, so that's even closer to you :D But I live in Sherrill when I'm not up on campus.
  7. YodasSon Jedi Youngling

So what do you guys do around here?
  8. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan

star 4
    We go to parades, we have costume workshops, we hold fun night things (I remember seeing a LOTR movie with teh group), random fun things.
  9. Divia Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Another newbie on board :)
    I wish I had found this site long ago. I've been trying to find other fans out there.
  10. Drogon Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Welcome, Divia! So are you centered in Syracuse, or just one of the neighboring areas?
  11. Divia Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yes I am in the Syracuse Area.
    I went to the midnight showing by myself..but if I had found this board before I might have had someone to go with :) My friends aren't into SW that much.
  12. RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master

star 4
    Good people are on this board and they are extremely friendly to meet in person. I've had that chance twice and both times they were very nice to me.
  13. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    :) awwww
    thanks!

We tend to be alittle out there and whacky at times but we all seem to have fun together. We have our annual picnic coming up this summer hope to see alot of new faces there :)

14. Divia Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Today would be an excellent day for a picnic! Not too hot, sun is out and there is a nice breeze. :)
    Where do you guys have them?
  15. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Past couple of years we have had them at Long Branch Park. we have done various activities there from having a pinata to playdoh contests and board games :)

Not sure what we will do this year. I guess we can start the ideas flying now? ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.