main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbies/Oldbies, how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by BKK, Sep 26, 2003.

1. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    I've always been bad at coming up with names. My user name here "BKK" is just my initials. I go to about 4 or 5 other boards online and I've always had trouble coming up with names. I pretty much suck at it. I'm interested in how everybody chose their name at the JC [or other boards].

How did you think of your user name? And was it an easy choice?

Mary674 likes this.
  2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I've been using Xan for a couple of years now, I think. I first got it by shortening the name of the baddie from the JA book ... you know, Xanatos. Knowing full well that I'd get mistaken for a guy half the time. :p So when I signed up here, I opted for DarthXan, and when that was taken, DarthXan318.

I should've just gone with Xan, but I just had to add the Darth there ... that's created some irritating problems with people calling me DX.

Simple enough for me.

3. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Hmm, I have a feeling that I've answered this question before. But apparently, that thread doesn't exist anymore.

So here we go again. ;) Morgaine is the main character of a book called "Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley. It tells the old story of King Arthur and his knights from a new perspective... I've always had a thing for historical stuff. :D Morgaine is the high priestress of Avalon and sister of the king.

4. DarthTelemarketer

DarthTelemarketer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    I recieved a call from a telemarketer early one evening around the dinner hour. He asked me if I knew of the force. I said, "Sure the force is a delightful energy that binds us."
    He then tempted me to the darkside telling me if I joined him I'd make a lot of money and we could rule the glaxy as father and son. I'm all cool about the money part, but I'm like all weirded out by the father and son part so I hang up on him. Next thing I know there's a knock on the door. I open it up and there in full robes is this 13 year old selling girlscout cookies.
    "Would you like a cookie sir?" she inquired to me.
    I then pointed to the sign on my door that said: No solicitors.
    "SO BE IT JEDI!!!!" She said with a smile.
    Next thing I know I'm being zapped by this energy blast.
    I woke up the next day in the hospital with balloons and flowers everywhere. I pick up on of the cards and its one of those get well soon cards. Inside it it tells me I have been given the power of the Sith by the energy blast and that I should register at this forum when i am released from the hospital to awate further instructions. It was a weird day but I made the best of it.

5. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    I like Skywalker and I didn't want to just use that. This wasn't my first idea for a name, I wanted to use Annoying_Gungan but then decided that name's wrong for me.

6. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Well my name's quite plain! [face_laugh] I couldn't take Coruscant so I took C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t instead! :) I like it!

;)

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  7. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    The project name of the F-117A Stealth Bomber. 'Nuff said.

8. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    My friend Dallas Valla and I made up our names for a skit for a talent show last year at school, which was a spoof on ESB. I was based on Luke, she on Darth Vader. Hilarious skit.

9. Araihc

Araihc Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2003
    ...Then this dull chick comes in and spells her name backwards. Difficult? Takes terrible concentration not to put the "i" before the "a."

10. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Heh Morgaine, I'd already guessed you liked that book... I love it too. [face_love]

Me? Well, it's rather simple. It's my initials NJ as they are pronounced (and spelled) in Swedish. En-Yee. Enji. :)

11. Livie-Rose

Livie-Rose Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2003
    Well, my name is Olivia (nickname Livie) and my middle name is Rose, so....

12. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Well, my user name has a little weird story, methinks.

I thought of inventing a new character, for maybe a fanfic, dunno....
    I always loved the Qui-Gon Jinn character, so I decided I would make him a sister.
    She were to have a name quite simiular to his, so thus came Qui-Gina Jinn :)

That's the story of my nick :)

Darth-Floyd likes this.
  13. Darth-Floyd

Darth-Floyd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    My username is from my two great passions: STAR WARS and the music from PINK FLOYD

14. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    umm, its self explanitory i think. im obsessed with the revolution, and Jedis are awesome, so Jedi-Washington :D

15. Xander_Kenobi

Xander_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 25, 2003
    My cuz, EmilieDarklighter, and I were thinking of stuff that could happen to Obi-Wan after the rise of the Sith. Obi was already my fav char so I said I wanted to make a story about what happens to Obi-Wan, then she showed my JC on her comp and asked me if I wanted to join and post my story here. I worked out some of the bugs in my story and came up with the name Xander Kenobi to be Obi-Wan's son. Then I was thinking of a good user name to go by and I couldn't think of anything except for Xander_Kenobi so I picked that name. It ROX! :cool:

~Xander_Kenobi~

16. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    JediKnightOB1, is a cryptic reference to OB1 and the cloning of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Nothing more nothing less.

17. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Well...BKK thats an interesting story... 8-}

I actually created it based on the LOTR {Lord of the Rings} character Strider (A.K.A. Aragorn). However altered slightly to form a cool unique name that fit me. "Stridarious" ;)

How did you decide to add the "ious" to it?

Well, hmm...lets just say that I decided to do that based upon a former user name I owned. It was to this that I decided to stay within the same type of area with my name, and so I added the "ious" to it. Plus I also removed the "e" and made it an "a" 8-} .

Confused yet? :confused:

18. Xander_Kenobi

Xander_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 25, 2003
    :confused: ...umm, yeah

19. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    He got the name from me, sorta.

20. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Great thread idea BKK... :D

Humaira is a name I took from one of my favourite charactes in the Thundercats cartoon. There were two women:-

Cheetara who was with the original team that landed on Third Earth-as they called it. And then they were later joined by 3 Thundercats called Lynxso, Bengali and Humaira...

I don't know if I got the spelling right but I spelt it Humaira and it's pronounced "Who-my-ra", emphasis on the "my" bit. ;)

Blaine was the name of a character in a book by D.E. Atkins (the book was called The Bride). The book wasn't great...but the character's name was cool and it went with the first name. So I put them together and there you have it! :D

Added the Jedi bit in front and there's my user name! :D

21. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Well,I'm a fan of Anakin and Luke Skywalker,so I put, padawanskywalker my sock is BailxOrgana

22. milleniumjedi

milleniumjedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2003
    I've gone by the "milleniumjedi"tag since...dah!!...2000. And basically, if you, not literally, follow the jedi code, you will be quite amazed at how easy life can actually be. The anger and fear bit is tough though.

23. Naboo1

Naboo1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    I like the N1 Starfighter.

24. SW_Forever

SW_Forever Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2003
    Since I'm a Star Wars fan, I came up with this name.

25. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh Jedi_Daniel, you wish I took your name. Your older name was JediMasterStrider which was not mine. Besides we both took it from LOTR so it was no ones own original name. 8-}