main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbies/Oldbies, how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by BKK, Sep 26, 2003.

1. alienaardvark

alienaardvark Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2009
    My name in rl is a double 'A' and honestly, I couldn't think of anything else.
    Hence, alienaardvark.
    Random, yet alliterative. ^_^

2. Misery_Business

Misery_Business Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2009
    Because Paramore's song Misery Business is awesome! :D

3. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    This is my real life nickname.

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I just saw you in FanDesign and wondered how you got this username. Thanks for reading my thoughts and answering them. ;) :)

5. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    [face_laugh]

I get that question a lot.

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    But one question is still there... Why did your friends start calling your 'Salty'? Have you ever asked them?

7. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    It's a long and sordid affair full of intrigue and mystery.

:p

Actually, it's because I was a surfer in junior high and high school. There was a surfshop called Salty's where I got all my stuff so between the two, the name stuck. I've had it since 1990. In fact, February will be 20 years that I've had this nickname. It's on my high school ring instead of my real name. I also have a cartouche that I got while in Kuwait that has Salty in Arabic.

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Wow! That's a story I haven't expected. I thought something like "loves to eat lots of salt" or so. ;)
    Written in Arabic is cool! :D

9. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Yeah it's pretty cool. It's in English down one side and in Arabic down the other side. I keep it in my jewelry box most of the time though. It's one of those things that can't be replaced so I'd rather not lose it.

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, I think I would do the same. :)

11. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Long ago I went by Lady_Jedi_Skywalker out of nothing wittier to put as a name and well I borrowed the idea from others at the time. I had thought of Rogue-Jedi but someone had already claimed it. So while I was pondering what to type for a username I ended up falling on this really nice icon of Anakin Solo with Fallen Hero written on it. Considering a lot of my favorite characters both in SW and in other works have died , I thought it would be a pretty concept. So, that's how I ended up with the current name. :)

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You found your name with lots of thinking as well and it sounds like you'll stay with that name longer than usual. Cool! :)

13. xSchmitterSx

xSchmitterSx Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2009
    xSchmitterSx

I got this name for very very long . . .
    I had as hobby organise underground hardcore - metal - punk / straight edge gigs . And no one never name me by my first Stijn , it's always with my lastname Smyter ( short version for Desmyter ) . And there was a guy who wanted to call my name : Smyter but he choke and came out as " schmitters " . And from that day my nickname became " Schmitters .

The two " X's " in my nickname , stand for Straight Edge ( drug free way of life )

So this is my username / nickname : " xSchmitterSx "

14. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Very cool!

15. drwhogoesthere

drwhogoesthere Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2009
    Hi
    I have had drwhogoesthere for longer than I can remember. My brother, who was on the net as andygoesthere came up with the name. I think its a great name. I know its not a Star Wars name.

16. SteathDar

SteathDar Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2009
    Mine is some clever wordplay on a well known Star Wars object. See if you can figure it out.

17. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    My name comes from my very first message board, "Princess Joy's Castle". I wanted something that sounded Star Wars-like, so instead of using "Princess Joy" as my username, I simply took the first 2 letters of Princess and the first letter of Joy, added a number 1, and there you have it!
    Prj1 is a droid. I have a short bio of her in my profile. I want to do a lengthy fanfic about prj1, but I haven't got up the courage to post it yet.

:)

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I always wondered about your name. It's an interesting story. :)

And if you need some courage, then I suggest to go to FanFic and get a mentor there. :)

19. rayK

rayK Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2009
    ray'K is my mandalorian character's nickname.
    fully, it is Aaray'Kyramud or "Pain Killer," trandslated from mando'a.
    (in real life, i'm in the anesthesia field)
    so it wasn't hard to come up with.
    ray'K himself, is a field medic.
    originally a medic aboard a smuggling ship, he was recruited/kidnapped by a group of mandalorian mercenaries during a botched mission of theirs that ended up in a firefight in a cantina.
    he has now adopted their culture and fights with the mav oya'la clan.
    (obviously, i need to work on his story a bit more....)

20. Blue_Banshee_Leader

Blue_Banshee_Leader Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2009
    Well... My username is kind of a cross between two...
    I run what I call a "pseudo-production company" where I make things like fanfilms, fan games, fan art, fan stories, and other such things for various sources (anime, Star Wars, ect.). It's called the Blue Banshees Productions; it's not a real company or anything, it's just a name I release my titles under.
    Anyway, that name actually came from a "Mobile Suit Gundam" fan story I wrote about an Earth Federation team called the Blue Banshees. The team leader was, not surprisingly, called Blue Leader. After that I started using the name "Blue Leader" on various forums and it just kind of stuck.
    If that username is taken, however, I'll usually stick the name "Banshee" in it to make it a little more unique.
    So "Blue Banshee Leader" has two roots... As the leader of my fan story team, and the "leader" of my pseudo-production company.

By the way, in case anyone doesn't know, "Mobile Suit Gundam" is a very popular Japanese anime series (it's very popular in Japan, that is). It just celebrated its 30th anniversary.

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Those are two interesting stories how you got your username! :D

22. Darth Mulacki

Darth Mulacki Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 4, 1999
    Not sure how I came up with the name.

I've been using Mulacki since 1998, but I have no idea where it comes from.

The Darth should be a dead give away.

23. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I got my name from the county fair that came through my home town when I was a tot. Why it was called Manisphere is beyond me but I always was impressed with the name. It sounds like some kind of weird planetarium or something. Maybe it was the name of the huge slide. Kinda like Helter Skelter.

24. C-Sarah-3PO

C-Sarah-3PO Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2009
    My user name is simply a combo of my favourite SW character (C-3PO) and my own name (Sarah). So it wasn't too hard for me :)

25. Actaeon

Actaeon Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2009
    Greek Myth. Plus it looks and sounds very close to my surname. Just remove the second 'a' and 'e'.