Social Newbies/Oldbies, how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by BKK, Sep 26, 2003.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. ladybug42 Jedi Padawan

Ladybug is an old nickname of mine. And 42 is one of my favorite numbers.
  2. Darth_Tristis Jedi Padawan

My name's Latin for mournful. It's the name of one of the main antagonists in a Star Wars fanfic I've been writing for the past couple months. My old username was Burning_Hatred, which I thought up while watching Episode III during the part where Anakin burns on the edge of the lava river. He was consumed by a burning hatred of sorts, and also got burned really, really badly lol. So I put the two together and went with that.
  3. Aki-Midori Jedi Padawan

I came up with mine fairly simple. It it Japanese. Aki meaning "sparkle", "bright" or "autumn" and Midori meaning "green" in Japanese.
    Which I got off of the website. http://www.behindthename.com/
    I like green, and Midori felt like it would be a good last name. I chose Aki, because Bright green, or Autumn green, both sounded pretty to me.
    My pen name around most forums and mmo's was/is Nairobe. (which is a different spelling of Nairobi, the capital of Kenya.) Which I chose from just liking the name. :)
  4. ElvisTheCat Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sadly, mine is rather random because I couldn't come up with anything better. The cat was lounging next to the computer monitor and there was an ad for an Elvis CD anthology on TV.
  5. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    As if I can remember anything that happened eleven years ago. :p

Back in the pre-Snowboards days, I was lurking for a few months until the TPM Teaser Trailer came out, which really got me pumped, so I decided to register on the JC. Since Obi-Wan Kenobi is the coolest name and character in the history of cinema, bar none, I wanted a slightly atypical reference as my screen name. So I took my name from Princess Leia's message in ANH ... "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars...".
  6. HairyWookiee12 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, mainly my... I just like wookiees.
  7. Charn Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    two reasons:

1. I'm a big Narnia fan

2. it means best friend in slang ;)
  8. Commander_Tusk Jedi Padawan

Well I am new to forums and not as new to making up usernames. My username is the same one that i use on Battlefront 2, I got it from Fleetwood Mac's song "Tusk" (since I really liked it) and mixed it with "Commander" because I thought it sounded kinda cool. I always thought that if I were to be a Star Wars character, I would be a kick-butt ARC Trooper.:cool:
  9. Goldfarm Jedi Knight

Mine is a combination of my last and first name.
  10. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    That^ makes me curious about your RL name, since it's a nice combination. :)
    (No need to tell me, of course. It's public here.)
  11. Supreme-Yoda216 Jedi Knight

my name is given to me by others.

I am not that tall and I have a school where I teach European medieval swordfighting.
    Since most of my students are a bit taller than I am, and because I can handle swords pretty well, and also because they know I am a Star Wars fan. They started to call me Supreme Yoda.

the 216 is just a small joke, it is a variation three other numbers.

SupremeYoda216
  12. Baskerville Jedi Knight

star 1
    My user-name is Baskerville.

Happened to be reading the book Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and put that as my user name.

(To those who don't know...that's a Sherlock Holmes book. And if you don't know, go read it and don't just watch the Big Screen...:))
  13. Darth_Noctis Jedi Knight

Nox noctis is Latin for night. Hence the name Darth_Noctis.
  14. Dreama_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 1
    I must confess my tale is not very exciting...true story though.
    I chose Skywalker because of Luke. *sighs dramatically and looks whistfully to the stars*
    Dreama is just a fun little name I thought of that made it all more romantic and fantasy oriented....and because I dream of skywalker [face_love]
  15. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    The history of my primary screen name is a very nerdy one. Its derived from Khan Noonien Singh of Star Trek fame, and perhaps the most iconic name to be yelled on cinema. Kahn is clearly derived from Khan, it wasn't a misspelling but an intentional deviation, and also a slight reference to the title of Kahn. Iceay is derived from Singh's tendency to paraphrase epic literature. "Revenge is a dish best served cold" Iceay is derived from that, ever so famous saying.

My Halloween sock Duke_of_Dementia is a reference to a title your character can obtain in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Halloween to me is about letting yourself go, and frankly I tend to act a bit insane so the title and name fit me.

In various other places I go as Alastor, Alisdair, Alister, its all a derivative of my name, and as with my name means Defender or one who holds off enemies.
  16. ZEM Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I don't think I've ever posted in this thread, even though I've meant to...
    My username, ZEM, is made up of my initials. And it was my Dad's idea. I was trying to register on a Thomas the Tank Engine forum a couple years back and after trying several other ideas, Dad suggested "ZEM." Since then I have registered on Wikia under this username, several forums, as well as registering four YouTube accounts with "ZEM" in them: "ZEM1993," "ZEMsMusicChannel," "ZEMsEntertainment" and "ZEMandTheWord." :D

I am now pretty well known by my ZEM nickname. But sometimes I let people call me Zack. :p
  17. LouQuinn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    so my real name is Luna. But soon after I punched a guy in the face just because he thought he aptly deserved the right to yank me off my chair, my friends and family thought it was inappropriate to call me Luna, hence the nickname "Lou", short for Luna.

*pauses for awhile* heh, poor guy. didn't see it coming.

so you got the reason why I was nicknamed Lou, and as for 'Quinn', it was my obsession toward art and my exploration through the darker side of art (e.g: macabre and horror) that got me nicknamed Quinn. You see, my favorite character is Harlequin, and on Batman, the female character who adapted the name was named "Harley Quinn". I didn't really put the pieces together, back then, I was nicknamed both. Either as Lou, or Quinn. But separately.

It was when I play this peculiar game on Facebook (similar to Guitar Hero) which asked me to insert my Rocker name. I didn't know what name to pick, and suddenly I hear this song "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" by The Runaways. On a whim, I put in "Lou Quinn" because I thought the naming format clicked with The Runaways' vocalist; Joan Jett.

So there you go, the chronicle of my since-then internet name.:)

wasn't all that interesting, I think. It was much more fun seeing all of your replies. :p
  18. Treborani Jedi Knight

star 3
    When I was a kid I really loved dinosaurs. About a year ago I got into Star Wars. I was watching the movies and I noticed a Jedi sitting on the council in Attack of the Clones. He looked like a dinosaur. Maybe you know who I'm talking about? I looked him up on Wookiepedia and it said his name was Coleman Trebor. So basically I just wrote in Trebor and then added -ani to the end because I liked how it sounded.

Sidenote: Unfortunately, he's killed at Geonosis by Jango Fett very soon after. Poor guy...
  19. A_Sith_and_a_Vampire Jedi Knight

Mine? Well based off of the titles of some of the Rosario + Vampire episodes (a quite interesting Anime series), it was simply a matter of seeing which I preferred. I could have gone with anything be it alien, Jedi, etc. I chose Sith. [face_devil]
  20. Mara_Jade06 Jedi Padawan

Well I like to read and love the look on peoples faces when they hear that Luke has a wife. So Mara Jade was it for me. Plus I get to carry a blaster and a light saber!
  21. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Well. My name is Bri-Ann and one day my little brother decided to make up star wars names for us by combing our names with popular SW characters. so I was given the name Briannakin and it really sounded cool. My friends found out and started calling me it all the time, so it stuck. it has gotten to the point now that my band teacher wont call me anything else. I have used it for usernames ever since.
  22. bundjakub23132 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I saw a soccer player who's name is Bunjaku, and I kind of tweaked it. "Bund" is "good" in German (I think. o_O), and I combined it with the name "Jakub." Add my three favorite numbers, and the result is bundjakub23132!
  23. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    The German word 'Bund' means something like 'Federation'. 'Good' translates as 'gut' in German. :)

Nevertheless, you've added some creativity! Cool way to find a username. :D
  24. bundjakub23132 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wicked! Now I'm a federation!
  25. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    The German word 'Bund' means something like 'Federation'. 'Good' translates as 'gut' in German. :)

Nevertheless, you've added some creativity! Cool way to find a username. :D
Moderators: Skiara