main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbies/Oldbies, how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by BKK, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    Mine is pretty simple. Jaina Solo is my favorite character and how she took to the name Goddess during the Vong war was interseting to me so I just went with it.

That and my friend kinda suggested it for me, she said I'll look good as a goddess.... :p

2. ofiwan

ofiwan Jedi Master

Mar 16, 2010
    I got mine from a Star-Wars kiddie book. Haha, I found it in my garage and I was reading it and felt bad for Obi-Wan who was teased about his name and I figured I would name myself after that since it would be an AWESOME nickname.

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Interesting story about this one...

I once upon a time had a bounty hunter character named Niall Trieste. Niall was taken from a book called "The Emerald Crown", Trieste is a city in Italy referenced in the movie From Russia With Love. Red Grant tells James Bond, "You'll be dead before we reach Trieste." I later had to switch time periods to move into a new RP. In doing so, I decided my new character would be a descendant of Niall's. Therefore, Fionn Trieste was born. That RP went so long that eventually I transferred the main focus of the story to his daughter Kerry Trieste, who I still use to this day. Therefore, since one day I anticipate that I'll move to one of her children (Declan or Falene Trieste), I just use the name Trieste to keep life simple. ;)

4. CantinaKid

CantinaKid Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2010
    I'm a new user. I picked CantinaKid because the Cantina scene in A New Hope set the stage for the franchise. All the different creatures, with their own agendas, you never knew what was going to happen! Plus, the scene with Greedo and Han Solo...well you know. So that's why I picked CantinaKid

5. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Oh you mean that scene where Han totally shot first?

*The Lucasfilm police come, put a bag over his head, throws him in the back of a black van, and drives off*

6. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Let's see, I was a stupid high school kid. It took me about a year to actually register. I was an avid lurker. :p I literally just typed a bunch of words in to see what happened. I never really liked my user name a lot, but oh well. I kept telling myself I'd re-register with a better name. Years later, here we are. :p

7. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Furio is Italian for Furious and I have a short fuse and a worse temper so, Furio it was. Added to the fact that I like the Sith more than the Jedi, the Darth title made sense. I thought of Lord Furio, but Darth was better IMHO.

Dandelo likes this.
  8. BellaSkywalker

BellaSkywalker Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2010
    It's quite simple really. Bella is my nickname, and I just love all the Skywalkers, so I ended up with BellaSkywalker ;)

9. DarthExitium

DarthExitium Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2010
    Darth Exitium . originaly a group of friends and i began a forum in which we al had sith names , and since anciant sith had a self-chosen first and last name my sith name was Dominus Exitium which is greek for "lord destruction" later when i rose to the rank of Darth i became Darth Exitium . and thats the story of my username .

10. OdRevus

OdRevus Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2008
    The Nordic god Hod was blind, and was tricked by Loki into slaying his brother, Baldr. For this act, he was persecuted by the gods, and eventually slain. My character, whom I developed long before joining these forums, was involuntarily involved in the deaths of several members of his family, and fell from the Jedi Order afterwards. Shortly after, he was also blinded in a duel with the Sith who had caused his misfortune... Ha ha, so I just removed the H from Hod after seeing somewhat of a parallel within the two.

As for Revus, I believe it's French for reviewed, which had some meaning to me back then, but mostly I just thought Od Revus had a nice ring to it. :cool:

11. sweetcaroline

sweetcaroline Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2004
    Mine is the name of a song.

No I'm not a Neil Diamond fan either- not that there's anything wrong with that.

12. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    My brother wrote a little story several years ago for a joke where I was a Sith Lord. My name is Edward; he changed the letters a bit. Edward... Dedwar.. Dreadwar. And then added a Darth of course. We both thought the name was so Sithly we began using it in serious fanfiction. Although I've came up with better Darth names, I'd prefer to use them, and in fact am using them, in an epic fanfiction series in development, so I used Darth_Dreadwar for my name on the boards.

13. Darth_Cadaverous

Darth_Cadaverous Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2008
    Excellent names ladies and gents, very nice.. I am Darth Cadaverous, I hope to see most or all of you around. *Nodding to Darth Dreadwar* See you soon, young one.

14. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    Mine is a mix between the actual definition of the word "slowburn" and the song "Slowburn" by Revelation Theory (now Rev Theory). A slowburn is when you are in a relationship or something of the sort and something is said that doesn't mean a thing at first but five hours later it is driving you insane. It slowly burns you, but it hurts even more than than a direct knife. I'm far too familiar with that feeling and I always liked the name, so I started using it as an internet handle a few years ago. On other sites I'll sometimes add "darkly" to the end of it, which is an homage to "Dexter Dreaming Darkly" (the book that inspired the HBO series "Dexter"). ;)

15. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Indeed.

So, how did you come up with your name? I must say I really like the name Cadaverous. Khhaddaveroousss... [face_mischief]

16. Todca_Muoak

Todca_Muoak Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    For this board I just used a Star Wars name generator. Most boards I post under "what_now" But to do like my name on here, Todca is for sure different! and for a good running joke, I made my face book name the same as my post name here!

17. Darth_Cadaverous

Darth_Cadaverous Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2008
    Did I hear my name? Ah Lord Dreadwar, I thought it would be you calling me. I get my names from the dictionary and Thesaurus. Then I find a cruel or um... um... lol ;) Just not right ;)

1) Create a Character
    2) Then find a suiting name

;)

18. Harpalyce

Harpalyce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 19, 2010
    I just posted a bit about this, but Harpalyce is a character in the Aeneid. It's also the name I chose for my main World of Warcraft character, so it's sort of stuck. Besides being the name of an awesome warrior woman, I love it because it shortens to Harper (a la the author of To Kill a Mockingbird, one of my absolute favourite books).

...of course, it can also be mangled into Hair Police. So best be hiding those offending mullets.

19. Ermione-de-Verne

Ermione-de-Verne Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 19, 2010
    Well, couple years ago I was a huge fan of Harry Potter. Part 'Ermione' came from the fanfic "Garri Potter i vrag socola" ('Harry Potter and Enemy of the Falcon', dunno if it is right translation[face_batting] ). It was the name of Snape's long dead girlfriend. I 'felt in love' with this name, and my best friends started to call me 'Ermione' or 'Ermy'.
    Part 'de Verne' came from another fic "Schastlivaja sluchajnost'' ("Happy Chance"), crossover with LotR.

20. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    It may or may not have to do with "Fiction" by Orgy. I don't call it a direct influence but it was out about the time I came up with it.

Kiss, no, sorry, not a reference to the band. Just like the word and uh. Connotations. :B

21. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I was originally Grand-Moff-Moth, I'm not exactly sure why I picked that. For some reason I made another account and I've been using this one for awhile. Dogfish Head is a brewery out of Deleware that makes some really exciting beers and I've been lucky enough to get to know the brewer through my work with beeradvocate.com's festivals in Boston over the last 6 years. Just sounded like a fun name to me.

22. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    A beer called Dogfish Head? Yummy. :p

23. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Great beer...lousy fish :)

24. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Awesome, can't believe this thread still exists.....

25. LordStarwind

LordStarwind Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2002
    I joined back in 2002 and never posted. Go figure. I've been a Star Wars fan since I got to see New Hope back in May/June of 1977 in the theatre. My brother and I saw it well over 20 times as I recall. I took my name back then from Gene Starwind of Outlaw Star the anime series. I have never been to a SW convention and even though Celebration just happened I would love to meet SW fans like myself and make a road trip to have some fun!

I've never been so hyped for SW since I've been watching Clone Wars animation and the deleted scene with Luke and his lightsaber. Just awesome man.

God Save Luke Skywalker and Quinlan Vos!