main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbies/Oldbies, how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by BKK, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Shira_French_Cheese

Shira_French_Cheese Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2010
    My name is supposed to be a pun on Shira Brie from the Star Wars Marvel comics. Brie is a very tasty kind off cheese from France. Hence, Shira_French_Cheese.

Hey, I had to think of something.

2. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    [face_laugh]

I was wondering about your name... makes perfect sense now. :D Nice explanation! :p

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Very creative, Shira. Love it. :)

4. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    I thought Shira might refer to her. Hadn't connected the Brie and cheese parts though, and to think I'm nicknamed 'the mouse' in the family [face_laugh]

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    McClain was a teacher I had in 7th grade. :oops:

I'm part of the "I don't like my username, but I'm too stubborn to change it" group. :p

6. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    [face_laugh]

I suppose that teacher wasn't exactly fun to have if you got Darth in front of it.

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    No, I suppose not. :D

With a '00 registration date and a space in my username, I'd think twice before re-registering too. ;)

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Welcome to the club. :p

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    The funny thing is that I actually liked that teacher. 8-}

Yeah, I'm not getting rid of my '00 registration date, or the space in my username. :p

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Spaces in usernames are lame... [face_liarliar]

11. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Yeah, what I'd give to have it back when I first registered in '03. I don't think I'd want a space given a chance now though, Fallen-Hero looks good this way.

12. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Katana Sundancer was a character for a fan fic of mine - a girl raised by Tusken Raiders since she was small (this was WAY before I'd ever heard of Tahiri Veila). She was eventually taken in by the Darklighters, along with her 'sister'.

I took 'Katana' from the Katana fleet.

So, when I needed a username... ta da!

13. Risca_Skywalker

Risca_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2011
    Well my username is actually the name of my main Star Wars OC for my fanfiction "Everything Comes in Pairs"

Risca Skywalker is completely non-canon because she's Anakin's Twin sister who's lifebonded to him since before they were born. *shrug*

I have to say out of all my characters, she's the main one I want to work with. But it's kinda funny how I came up with her name. I was figuring out my jedi name (ya know take the first three letters of your last name and put those in front, then take the first two letters of your first name and put those behind the first three letters...etc...)

And I wound up with Ricsa Wadard or something..... [face_thinking]

So when I was bored I was staring at my jedi name that I had written down on a piece of paper next to me, and I was saying it out loud, and mispronounced it saying "Risca" (Ree-ska) instead of (Reek-sa). And I actually liked that better, and then I really created my character and so Risca Skywalker was born. :D

14. NiobeRhysode_2987

NiobeRhysode_2987 Jedi Knight

Jan 23, 2011
    I got the "Niobe" part of my username from a fanfiction character that my friend created and whom we both write stories about. In our imaginations, Niobe is Tallisibeth "Scout" Enwandung-Esterhazy's daughter; Scout was a character in the Clone Wars book Yoda: Dark Rendezvous. The Rhysode part in my username is, of course, a tribute to The Ganner.

15. darthlebowski72

darthlebowski72 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 5, 2001
    I heard someone say at a bar once "I find your lack of Kalua disturbing" so I melded Darth Vader + The Dude + my birth year = darthlebowski72 (Darth Lebowski) was already taken :(

16. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2010
    It's cool how many screen names are for fan fic characters. Mine is the same.

Corin Daan is a Jedi character in a fan fic I'm writing. It's based around the same time period as the first KotOR game and centers around two brothers, one of whom follows Revan in the Mandalorian War and the other stays with the Jedi. They end up facing each other during the Jedi Civil war.

17. au-pays-natal

au-pays-natal Jedi Knight

Jul 17, 2007
    My user name is the title of one of my favorite songs my Rosetta. It is french I believe and means "return me to the place of my birth" I thought it was beautiful in a way.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am originally an 00er and my privacy was semi-compromised re: my job, so I was already considering a name change. Also, my name was very close to the similiarly named C_Creepio. Then, the greatest troll in the history of JC... one derelict named VORTEX... began a campaign of nonsense on here, to which I got caught up in the fray. He threatened me idly and idiotically and M.y.k.e. is an acronym of the stupidity he uttered so I opted on immortalizing it by showing up in the argument with a new moniker in honor of his now permabanned clownery.

19. pinata

pinata Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2011
    Man, after reading this thread now I wish I had used one of my fan fic characters. But pinata is what I'm known by on other sites, so I'll stick with it just in case someone who knows me from another site is here.

As for the origin of the name pinata:

I used to play a lot of sports (I'm not really that into it since I found the internet) and I've always loved the martial arts (even now, after I've found the internet, I'm still learning new forms -- most recently, I've taken up capoeira). So, as you might imagine, I've been covered in bruises on a daily basis since pretty much the fourth grade. When it came time to choose an online screen name, an old school nickname was a pretty easy choice. And since I've only had two school nicknames, and only one was SFW, I use pinata instead of the other one (the other one's not actually got any bad words in it or anything, but there's a definite sexual connotation to it and the explanation behind it might get into a bit of a gray rules area, especially for this site which is rather strict compared to other sites I visit).

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The number is a song...

21. pinata

pinata Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2011
    You've got good taste in music.:cool:

22. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I took the words "ran track," flipped the order, flipped "ran" and dropped the "c" from "track." Bake for five minutes and viola!

23. Bishomon

Bishomon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2011
    I'm probably the only Anime Fangirl around here, XD. but anyway, I"m writing a manga, and one of the charries I created is named Bishomon, and he's basically epic in a bottle. I was gonna go with the username Knightress but someone already had it, and I didn't want to have a similar username.

24. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Just to make sure you know, you're not the only anime fangirl around here. I regularly meet anime fans here. Just keep your eyes open. :)

Btw interesting way to find a nice username. :)

25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Definitely some great explanations over the last two pages.

26. HanLennon

HanLennon Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2011
    Han for obviously reasons...

and John Lennon is my Obi-Wan.

That is if you forego the obvious dilemmas that include having never met him, his death, and the fact that in some ways it's embarassing to look up to such an iconic celebrity.

Kind of a weak user name. Sorry.

By the way, I'm new here. hello.