main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbies/Oldbies, how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by BKK, Sep 26, 2003.

1. zenji needle

zenji needle Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 1999
    zenji needles are used to hold up elaborate hairstyles. they're covered in colored enamel or lacquer. Shada D?ukal, an amazonian Mistryl Shadow Guard mercenaries, kept them in her hair until combat began, when she'd hurl the darts with deadly precision at stormtrooper platoons, former royal guardsmen, and swoop gang thugs.
    with the GFFA on constant alert from totalitarianism and xenocide and the next superweapon battlestation, it's become harder and harder to bring these fashion accessories onto both intrasystem ferries and hyperspace passenger cruisers.

it's just an inanimate object that's just obscure enought to pique curiosity--and i had just learned to knit when i picked my name. much better than Rogue Squadron's "Vape Bait".

2. Master_Ponta

Master_Ponta Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    All I can say is being bored makes you come up with some wacky stuff. :p

I was thinking about writing a fic in which one of the characters would be a female Jedi name Master Ponta. So, when I joined here, I was out of names, so I used that.

3. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away known as California... it all started with the X-wing series...

My favorite characters from those books were Corran, Wedge, & Mirax. I hate taking male screen names (since I am female) so I picked up Mirax as a nickname at school (a whole group of us SW fans were nicknaming ourselves as Luke, Han, Chewie, ect...) I can really relate to Mirax's style and attitude. Then I just popped the '80' on the back since that was the year I was born (and just 'Mirax' was taken already).

And from then on, Mirax80 has reaked havoc on many worlds. Yahooatopia, MSNoinne, AIMillion, and many, many others.

And that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! :D :p

4. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    Mine's boring. It's my nickname at school, which is just my last name with a 'y' on the end to make it easier to pronounce.

I'm waiting for Darth Sapient to tell his story.

5. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    milney: "I'm waiting for Darth Sapient to tell his story."

That may be sometime, unless someone provided him with a link to this thread :D .

6. DigitalCactus

DigitalCactus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2003
    I like my cactus plants.alot. Cacti are just cool. and Im kind ofa tree hugger of sorts. I recycle, dont litter and oppose the use of syrofoam. SO i wanted something that was rooted in nature and technology, because Im a tech geek as well. So came along the word digital.. I wanted something that sounded cool. so I came up with a list.

digital-cool
    virtual-so 1990's
    cyber-over used

cactus-i like cacti. easy to take care of and they look cool and are uncommon. like me. ^_^

I was gonna go with soemthnig along the lines of
    -CyberCactus (it made me sound like some kind of an internet sexual predator ROFL)
    -MuscularFetus (totally random)
    -PenguinInEgypt ( I like egyptian related things too)
    -DigitalPenguin (I love penguins damit they are cute!)
    -CactusOnMars (sounded like an odd combo, i was gonna go with this acutaly)

but DigitalCactus stuck. Juno Reactor's Pistlero (juno mix not that radio edit crap) is the perfect audio embodiment of the 'DigitalCactus theme' even though, at the time I had Orgy's Dreaming in Digital song stuck in my head....

It is heart-pumping techno rooted with old western sounding spanish guitarras. Which basically describes me. wow I hope I never have to explain that ever. again.

7. Mono_Borracho

Mono_Borracho Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2003
    Mine means Drunk_Monkey in Spanish. It came in a sunny day from the sky in a intense yellow light, this illumination came to me in the form of a brik of wine 'tinto', and after talking and knowing him very well, he told me: 'Here is your new name. Use it wisely'. And here i am at last, using it wisely, i hope.

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Per a PM request, I'll tell you the story behind the name. It's really not that stellar a story. I was actually researching which of the Star Wars sites I wanted to join. Long story short, I found that this one was the best on the Internet.

I knew I wanted to be involved with spoilers. Believe it or not, I actually lurked for 3-4 days before registering because I wanted to pick one name and never change it. I knew from the beginning I wanted something unique that sounded like it could be a character name or at least a word that sounded like it came from the films. And I wanted it to be associated with something that meant 'all-knowing'. Yes, sort of cocky.

So as I was reading a book falling asleep, I reached over to the dictionary and looked up 'wise'. A synonym was 'sapient'. I knew immediately this was the name I wanted. But it sounded too short by itself. 'Jedi' didn't have a ring to it, but Darth did. In hindsight, I'd rather just be 'Sapient'. But it's grown on me.

I went to work the next day, typed in 'sapient' in the Google search bar, and just about everything came up as being associated with 'sapient beings' and they led to Star Wars sites. I registered and got started.

Thanks for asking. :)

9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    DarthSapient: "Per a PM request, I'll tell you the story behind the name. It's really not that stellar a story."

[face_laugh] Whelp, they totally blew me out of the water! 8-}

In fact, I never knew much of how he got he's name, but now that answers it all!

//edit: Fixed the markup for you. ;)

10. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    I came up with my name from looking at a Image that said Force Master with a picture of Yoda.

11. Compactor_3263827

Compactor_3263827 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2003
    None of the kids in my school like Star Wars, so when I want to really piss them off I go into a long, almost endless, string of Star Wars trivia.

The fact that annoys them the most is the number of the trash compactor in ANH. Being that it is so annoying to them, it turned out to be my favorite piece of trivia...hence my name.

12. allaboutstarwars

allaboutstarwars Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2003
    This is my name in nearly every forum I visit, including rebelscum.

13. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Well it is a great name especially since these forums are all about Star Wars! 8-}

14. artemis_fowl

artemis_fowl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Well mine's pretty obvious, right ;)

When I found this site, I just finished reading the book 'Artemis Fowl'. It's my nature to think about a book after I read it. artemis_fowl was the only name that I could think of at that point of time so I just signed on with that!

15. ZoeOne

ZoeOne Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2003
    Cause Zoe is my favorite name in the dictionary and I'm a loner?? I'm "One", I've broken up threads just mentioning something I did, thought, or said concerning DL, I have a problem with the fansite of his, I'm an oddity, even his fans think I'm odd (so do everyone else when they get to know me-- heheh)and so I'm... One. Thus ZoeOne was born.

16. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    My screename is my nickname (from my days in hockey) In fact, I'm Krash Jr...since my father and I share the same nickname.

Basically, what happened is that he played pick-up hockey with a bunch of guys on Saturday nights, when I was 10...I started going with him, skating in between breaks (they're old guys...they took alot of water breaks ;) ) So when this kid starts skating around...the guys asked:
    "Who is that?"
    "Oh, that's Krash's kid"

Which got shortened into Krash Jr...at the rink most of the time he'd just calls me Krash (think that scene in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade") Don't call me JUNIOR! :D

17. allaboutstarwars

allaboutstarwars Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2003
    I forgot the story....

When I first joined a board(FBTB) http://pub180.ezboard.com/bthefbtbcommunity

I was going nuts for a name that could be easily turned into a nickname, could be easily remembered, and had some respsect. After thinking for a few min, I said, 'Hey I like star wars. Its what I'm basically all about.' Then it hit me....allaboutstarwars was the PERFECT name!! And there, thats the story behind my name.

18. dj_jazzy_jawa

dj_jazzy_jawa Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2003
    The thought of a jawa spinning records for Will Smith amuses me.

19. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Wow, this thread is still around? I didn't think people would be that interested in it. :)

20. Yoda_ate_Mirax

Yoda_ate_Mirax Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    I was made for Halloween as a "costume" (otherwise known as a sock) to my normal name and decided to stick around and reak my own havoc. I love the character Mirax (hence my normal board name) but I also love Yoda because in High School, I could talk like him without having to stop and thing about it. Also, whenever I got sick, and started coughing, my best friend said I sounded like him.

Yes - my best friend is wierd... that's why I get along with her. :D

21. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I couldn't register with my usual nick (BuckaZoid - I know, it's everywhere and not original at all) so I needed a new one.
    At first I thought that I'd come up with "Darth something", but after several days of lurking I noticed that there are a million Darths already... Something else, then.

As I've always loved the starships (and other technology) in Star Wars, I knew that I want to be one of the glorious Imperial Star Destroyers (=ISD in "TIE Fighter" game). First I came up with was "ISD-Tyrant" but the tFn system didn't ever send the registering confirmation request to my Hotmail. When I got the cable modem (few weeks later), I got a new E-Mail account, where the board would send the conf.req.mail, but the ISD-Tyrant was already reserved and I didn't know the password (to change the e-mail address). Duh. :mad:
    Then I remembered: the first Star Destroyer in Star Wars is the Devastator!
    And the rest is history.

22. _Star_Wars_Girl_

_Star_Wars_Girl_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2003
    BAM! (emril) it hit me! [face_laugh] it just hit me!
    haha [face_laugh]

23. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    When I joined, I saw a lot of Master's out there, for one, Master_Salty. I love Y-wings and am proud to be its only hardcore fan. Master_ + Y-wing equals Master_Y-wing! ;)

24. anakinsdarklady

anakinsdarklady Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2003
    I like Anakin, and he's my fave SW character, so I would love to be his dark lady ;)

25. _Star_Wars_Girl_

_Star_Wars_Girl_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2003
    I am a girl who loves SW...